Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It may be a long shot, but I'm looking for recommendations for a hiking/outdoorsy back carrier for my fat 8 month old. We use a tula carrier for everyday stuff but it can get insanely hot. Is there something better out there? Since I can't carry fatty and a backpack, a carrier with room for day hike supplies would be amazing.

Im really itching to get back into the woods and want it to be a positive experience for everyone involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Public
Jun 22, 2006

Sometimes I look for Rupees.
I saw someone go up Angels Landing with their kid in an Osprey Carrier.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Saw those, very nice. Ended up with a Kelty pathfinder 3.0. Got it used from parents' neighbor. Doesn't look like it's been used more than once. We love it so far and is much nicer than what we would've been able to afford.

chef
Nov 18, 2001
I think all these backpack frame carriers are basically the same and all good enough to not get the parent company sued. We had a Kelty with our first we then sold, and now have a Deuter. No real complaints with either, kids loved them both.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
I took my Osprey baby carrier to Italy with my 9 month old. He fell asleep in it daily and was happy. Being a sweaty type I was happy in Tuscany in May wearing it for hours a day.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

use the carrier that that goon was going to push from coast to coast across the usa

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lol I won't bring any food or water to save weight

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

bale. posted:

Saw those, very nice. Ended up with a Kelty pathfinder 3.0. Got it used from parents' neighbor. Doesn't look like it's been used more than once. We love it so far and is much nicer than what we would've been able to afford.

this actually looks super rad. i was at the zoo a few weeks ago on one of the hottest days we've had this summer, and saw this idiot carrying a babby in one of those thick neoprene chest carriers (super dark colored material too). the baby was like gently caress THIS poo poo WHAT IS GOING ON and it was only 10 AM :v:

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this actually looks super rad. i was at the zoo a few weeks ago on one of the hottest days we've had this summer, and saw this idiot carrying a babby in one of those thick neoprene chest carriers (super dark colored material too). the baby was like gently caress THIS poo poo WHAT IS GOING ON and it was only 10 AM :v:

My god you're not lying. We have a carrier similar to that and I can't imagine using it other than around town errands. It's like holding a tiny furnace directly against you. God forbid you're wearing a light colored shirt. The instant levels of sweat are impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravens Ruse
Aug 17, 2016

I'm new.... I have no clue and frequently state the obvious

RobBorer posted:

I saw someone go up Angels Landing with their kid in an Osprey Carrier.

The Osprey Carriers are the best for long distances but be careful when you're going underneath branches etc, I've heard some horror stories of the poor kids getting knocked in the head since they're sitting so high

• Locked thread