Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Did anybody else see what looks like houses/buildings you have to build?

They did it, they made Tarrey Town map-wide

Lol, this loving thing is gonna spawn minecraft/animal crossing type poo poo. Just millions of people playing not even progressing through the game, just building absolutely mind boggling citys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

MokBa posted:

What should the first thread title be?

Zelda Megathread: The Fast & the Fusionist
Zelda Megathread: ULTRAHAND! That is all.
Zelda Megathread: Reverse Engineering

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MokBa posted:

HELL TO THE YES I AM PUMPED UP.

Yeah I will make us all a brand spanking new thread since this one is like seven years old. I'll get started on drafting up a new OP tonight and everything. The real question is this:

The legend of zelda II: the adventure of Garrysmod

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lol, this loving thing is gonna spawn minecraft/animal crossing type poo poo. Just millions of people playing not even progressing through the game, just building absolutely mind boggling citys

Don't forget to put lightning rods on literally everything

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Legend of Zelda: The Duct Tape of Time

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Zelda Megathread: Tears of my Wallet

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Just watched the presentation. That looks pretty amazing. It somehow managed to exceed what I was expecting with the vehicle building stuff.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Zelda Megathread: do not have to Ultrahand it to Ganon

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Palmtree Panic posted:

Zelda Megathread: do not have to Ultrahand it to Ganon

Lol but I think it should be: you DO, in fact, have to Ultrahand it to Ganon

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

:hellyeah: I'll be one of them

Zelda did say at the end of BotW that they had to rebuild Hyrule, after all!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Zelda Megathread: Link's Sticky Hand

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They add the blood stains so you can see where other Links were defeated

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Zelda Megathread: My name is Link. I’m 150 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Hyrule, where all the villas are, and I am not married...

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Zelda Megathread: Ford, with Fusion

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Legend of Zelda: Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm curious if there will be a limit to how much stuff you can build, given BotW's memory limitation with the Blood Moon mechanic. Seems like that would throw a wrench in the idea of going "full minecraft" with the fusing stuff.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I'm playing BotW in celebration of BotW2 and I had forgotten your first weapon in that game is also a branch

but now i just want to attach a boulder to it

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Zelda megathread: what if Fallout 4 and Minecraft had a baby

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Zelda Megathread: Tears of the Fandom

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think people are overhyping a bit. There are going to be limitations.

Artadius
Nov 5, 2012
Zelda Megathread: Rock, Paper, Scissors... Fuse!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really think it's only right given the goon history to make it:

Zelda Megathread: Garry's Mod Megathread

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah my animal crossing area town lagged down the switch and sure felt like the Switch was already pushing its limit with BotW, the grass growing radius around you is pretty short as is

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Zelda Megathread: Unsafe Construction Practices

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MokBa posted:

HELL TO THE YES I AM PUMPED UP.

Yeah I will make us all a brand spanking new thread since this one is like seven years old. I'll get started on drafting up a new OP tonight and everything. The real question is this:

Zelda Megathread: Can I fuse the dog in Tears of the Kingdom?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Yeah my animal crossing area town lagged down the switch and sure felt like the Switch was already pushing its limit with BotW, the grass growing radius around you is pretty short as is

They probably have optimized a shitload and don't have to consider the Wii U too so they can probably stretch it a lot further than BotW but it isn't going to be a miracle game

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Of course, but one of the great pleasures is seeing what the limitations are then cheesing the gently caress out of them with glitches.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Its going to be a miracle game. They will stop making games after may. We will all live inside hyrule, we'll have to get our passports redone

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I'm doubting that it'll actually be possible to go "full minecraft"; the Switch has limitations that forced the use of the Blood Moon mechanic, so you probably can't build some super complex/large permanent structure. I won't be surprised if there's a strict limit to the number of things you can fuse together with the "vehicle-making" ability.

But the original BotW ended up exceeding expectations with regard to the amount of weird stuff you could do in it, so I think it'll probably come close to matching expectations that most other games would in the same circumstances. There's still a lot you can do even if you're limited to fusing 10 (or whatever) things together.

edit: The most disappointing thing to me is that it probably won't be possible to play the game with the same amazing visuals BotW can be played with using CEMU + mods. This is only for the Switch, and my PC definitely couldn't reach 4k/60fps (or even 2k/60fps IIRC) on the Switch version via Yuzu. Plus the various graphical mods (notably the color vibrancy ones - those made a big difference).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 28, 2023

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I had the OLED Zelda addition in my cart for pick up. I held off. I basically never play in handheld, and if I'm going to splurge, I should just get the pro controller when I get a chance, and even then, it's like, I don't really look at it, and my original one is holding up fine.

Still debating between getting costco eshop cards so I can go digital and grab it and advanced wars, or pay $40 extra for physical on both. I love the physical cards, but I also know if I wait six months/a year the zelda physical cart will be updated with any software updates, which will technically be better, but that's a double dip.

Ugh, decisions, decisions.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Zelda Megathread: it's dangerous to go alone! Take [everything]!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
game looks super duper hype and i wanna play it right now

I like the skylands's music, it kinda reminds me of wind waker's hyrule theme

also its very funny to me that they seem to have removed bombs entirely from link's kit, and if they return there will likely only be ONE type, because otherwise windbomb strats would likely still work because the underlying physics are the same

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Tears of the Kingdom: Zeldoid Fusion

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LionArcher posted:

I had the OLED Zelda addition in my cart for pick up. I held off. I basically never play in handheld,

This is usually the case for me, but this game might actually be an exception because I find 30fps far more tolerable on a handheld than on the big screen. On the big screen it's really painful, but it's not that bad on a smaller screen. The frames are just way more visible when rotating the camera on a bigger screen.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Zelda Megathread: It’s My Stick on a Box

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was taking care of some things and missed the pro controller drop for now, oh well. I'm sure there will be more here and there.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Zelda Megathread: BOTW 2: Revenge of the Glues

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its going to be a miracle game. They will stop making games after may. We will all live inside hyrule, we'll have to get our passports redone

why would i leave

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Zelda Megathread: Deku Nuts & Bolts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Zelda Megathread: Deku Nuts & Bolts

poo poo that is really good