Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Macintosh HD posted:

Makes sense. That's what I started to guess, as well. I'll find out tomorrow morning!

Can't be the mountains since you could just craft a bunch of stamina recovery food and eat it during the climb. I'm actually fairly curious to find out what they do now, will have to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

apparently they just literally tell you you can't go any further like in wind waker

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Boundary Chat: There's at least one giant ravine but I can't remember what side of the map it's on, and there's a whole lot of water to the East.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
can the default white wii u store digital botw

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Farg posted:

Nope, it's bigger than 8GB. You'll need a hard drive.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Farg posted:

The game is around 9GB or more, and the basic Wii U has what, 8GB of internal storage before OS usage?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Escobarbarian posted:

oh you were on about the console not games

i doubt they'll be that scarce after a few days or so

Just like the NES Classic Mini!

Escobarbarian posted:

Nintendo literally promised me twice that my Switch would be delivered via next day courier and now it's going through the Royal Mail which is a bit loving worrying

It's 22:45 March 2 Local and Amazon hasn't even SHIPPED mine.

Popete posted:

As far as I'm concerned there are no REAL Zelda games.

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure! :smug:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
So when does this thing hit the eshop? midnight local time?

also, does anyone know whether the wii u version supports the game's other languages?

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 3, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just played another session. This game is consuming me. Went on dope adventures.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
:siren:Game is live on the Wii U Central US eShop:siren:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
started my download

I really can't call in tomorrow. Going to be a long, distracted day

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

alf_pogs posted:

man now i want to eat PIZZA and play ZELDA

PizZelda ?!?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
good thing i have the FLU :D

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

metasynthetic posted:

AAAAAAAAAAA

fake edit: I actually won't be able to reach my console until next week, sadly

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

the wait for this goddamn update to download is loving KILLING ME

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Keiya posted:

Just like the NES Classic Mini!

It's 22:45 March 2 Local and Amazon hasn't even SHIPPED mine.

1. ok that's a good point haha, but I also think they saw that as a gimmick and didn't expect it to take off like it did

2. urgh that stinks :( seriously thinking Amazon took too many pre-orders. mine has finally showed up in an area close to me on the tracker as of like an hour ago

anyone who knows spoilers this is the only thing I want to know so please lmk timeline unification theory y/n? is this something that's even acknowledged in any way? I would assume not. don't want any specifics just a yes or no

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

man now i want to eat PIZZA and play ZELDA

and on a FRIDAY too?!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

metasynthetic posted:

Hows the download? Getting it @ midnight at my gamestop

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got an ETA of 1 hour 40 at 20% download. goodnight

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Took 20-25 minutes to download updates for me on the disc version.
Game looks gorgeous though and runs decent if you're not a baby bitch that cries about sub-60 frame rates.
Although bafflingly the gamepad screen is used for nothing, all it does is glow a "Tap here to play on the gamepad" message.
I guess it's nice that you don't need it because you can use a pro controller instead? But considering that the ports of the other Zelda games have let you use it for inverntory and stuff, it's really loving weird to leave it out on the game made specifically for the Wii U. I mean, it even has an in-game analog to the gamepad!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cause they don't want the U version to have a one-up on the Switch version

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

raditts posted:

Took 20-25 minutes to download updates for me on the disc version.
Game looks gorgeous though and runs decent if you're not a baby bitch that cries about sub-60 frame rates.
Although bafflingly the gamepad screen is used for nothing, all it does is glow a "Tap here to play on the gamepad" message.
I guess it's nice that you don't need it because you can use a pro controller instead? But considering that the ports of the other Zelda games have let you use it for inverntory and stuff, it's really loving weird to leave it out on the game made specifically for the Wii U.

Yeah Wii U version runs fine for me too. I keep hearing about some big frame drop as soon as you see the open world but I didn't get one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I watched a video of the final boss, and I'm interested to see what the thread perspective is on it a week from now.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Lol at nintendos lovely servers. 22 hours to download 10 gigs ok.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Damo posted:

Lol at nintendos lovely servers. 22 hours to download 10 gigs ok.

It's almost like it's launch day or something

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
It's almost as if every other system has been efficient on days big games launch.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hahaha suckers only paid 87$ dollars at gamestop to stand behind idiots buying switches

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Damo posted:

It's almost as if every other system has been efficient on days big games launch.

Someone never used a PS3/PS4 I see.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PSN isn't efficient right now, let alone on console launch.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Despera posted:

hahaha suckers only paid 87$ dollars at gamestop to stand behind idiots buying switches

Joke's on them only three people at my Gamestop got the Wii U version so we got to get our games before the Switch line got their stuff. :smuggo:

Who the hell is paying $87 dollars for Zelda though?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Haneto Village question:

Can someone explain what exactly the horned statue's bargain is cos I don't get it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dexie posted:

Joke's on them only three people at my Gamestop got the Wii U version so we got to get our games before the Switch line got their stuff. :smuggo:

Who the hell is paying $87 dollars for Zelda though?

Season pass duh. Idiot switch buyers in front of me just gimme game

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

I booked a switch online, only to get an email earlier this week saying they'd run out fulfilling earlier preorders. I called up my local electronics store and they are getting 5 switches. I'm going to take a break from work and go there when they open in two hours, I'm pretty hopeful!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gamestop gave me lame poster yay

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Played it for a solid 5 hours or so. Never had any issues with framerate, although I never really notice unless it's like sub 10fps. So far I just cannot stop myself from going full MGS on the bokoblin camps, where I sneak up, snipe the lookouts, then nuke them all with a fire arrow to a nearby explosive barrel.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

snoremac posted:

Haneto Village question:

Can someone explain what exactly the horned statue's bargain is cos I don't get it.

spoilers about a fun thing to discover for yourself in the aforementioned village, don't look other people!
It's a way to respec how you allocate your heart containers/energy whatevers, at a net cost of 20 rupees a pop. You could also theoretically just sell all your upgrades for fast cash now, but who would do something so uncouth?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Damo posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Damo posted:

I want to live in your alternate dimension

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
PATCH drat YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Woke up sooner than planned and found out that BOTW is available to us in the Eastern Time Zone so downloading it now but boy is it slow. Does the WiiU have lovely WiFi or are Nintendo's download servers getting hammered?

edit: and is the WiiU version getting a Day 1 patch as well?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 3, 2017