Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Rime posted:

Havok Physics is going to make this game amazing. :allears:

https://fat.gfycat.com/SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel.webm

as a los angeles area resident, seeing fire and dry brush like that is making me really nervous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Manky posted:

Or wait for refurbished units. Got my WW Wii U last September and it's been flawless.

speaking of...

they also have a refurbished a the new 3ds for $170, if you don't have a 3ds yet for some reason.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Erata posted:

Since everyone's talkin about playin the old games, is it worth it to blow money on the 3DS Ocarina of Time?
I got Majora 3DS because I forgot about many things in the 64 version and enjoyed that, but I think OOT is burnt into my memory. Master Quest less so.
If it's not worth it, I can always play hero mode ALBW or something. It's not too big a deal.

I'd say it's worth it. It's definitely the best version of the game, and once you beat it, it'll unlock the master quest.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

if you're ever feeling sad, just imagine the links from four swords or triforce heroes standing on top of each other and wearing a really long trenchcoat to try and sneak into an r-rated movie

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I know I'm obviously late to the party on this, but I just started playing Link to the Past, anything I should know?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I'm just wondering if i shouldn't preemptively replace the CR2032 battery before i get too far into the game

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Wii U it is, then! I've got a 3DS XL, and not enough impetus to upgrade. All that a New 3DS has over buying a WiiU is, like...
-Better Hyrule Warriors vs. prettier Hyrule Warriors
-Xenoblade Chronicles vs. Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Monster Hunter (which I wasn't super into when I played 4 on my regular 3DS)

I will mourn not having the full 3DS DLCs, though. The fact they introduced a loving Marin DLC is what put it on my radar, and it kinda sucks I won't be able to play her little story thing. My only disappointment seeing those DLCs come out was that they didn't use the Capcom portable Zeldas, because Din and Nayru would've been loving rad.

Xenoblade Chronicles for The New 3DS is a port of Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, which can be bought on the eshop for $20

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Friends I have been playing Ocarina of Time and I am in the Water Temple. Please pray for Fangio*.

*that's me

water temple isn't that hard, it's just tedious

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

If you're on the 3DS version, it's way less tedious even.

:agreed:

the biggest annoyance of the water temple is having to equip and unequip the iron boots, and in the n64 original, you have to do that through the pause menu, but the 3ds remake has a hotkey on the touch screen.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's less tedious but still ... pretty fuckin tedious. Like I know what to do but I am not diggin' doing it.

good luck fangio!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

pentyne posted:

So, to play Majora's Mask for the first time, what version should I get? 3DS or WiiU VC version?

3DS. It's an updated remake with tons of quality of life upgrades and better graphics + framerate.

the Wii U VC is just an emulated N64 game.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Lemming posted:

Seems like a mistake. I'm going to start playing while I'm driving home from the store.

please don't switch and drive

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

coffeecup posted:

For some, yeah: NOA Tumblr

However no info on the ones revealed since Jan 13th, I believe.

See, now I kinda want to get the OoT Link and Wind Waker Link Amiibos so I can randomly drop meat and/or fish on people.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I just picked up an AGS-101 and so now I'm trying to track down a copy of Minish Cap for it.

Luckily I already have 4 swords anniversary at Link's Awakening DX on my 3DS.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

breath of the wild is going to be bad because link's hair isn't pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Link will wake up and think it's all a dream.

But then he'll see the Master Sword by his bed and realize it actually wasn't a dream.