Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That super Zelda fan singer who was murdered in Orlando would have loved this. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is seriously looking like my most anticipated game in perhaps a decade. I just... I just love everything about what I'm seeing. I don't have a Wii U, I've had serious doubts about Nintendo for several years now. But its beyond clear that despite their faults they still know what they are doing. They still know how to make a game that makes you happy simply watching it. And they have perfected the present day E3 format with their treehouse club. No bullshit SUPER SERIOUS multimedia extravaganza, just hours of playing video games live. Now, it may not work as well when they can't exhibit a game as vast and as deep as Zelda but it is such a breath of fresh air watching funny, charismatic, and personable people just sit down and play the game instead of the poo poo we see in an Ubisoft conference.

It's also amazing to compare just what Nintendo did today with the standard E3 conference. So often while watching the Microsoft/Sony/EA/Ubisoft conferences you'll see a 5 minute scripted demo of some game and afterwards feel as if you now know all you need to about it. Like, it was cool while watching it but it doesn't stick with you. You kind of know that what you saw is basically what you are going to get for the entire however many hours the game is. But here's Nintendo playing a single game for 5 loving hours and you feel as if they have barely scratched the surface of what the game offers. 5 hours of gameplay and I'm only eager for more.

Bravo Nintendo

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 15, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rime posted:

From that thread:

With how balls to the wall they're going, this might be the Final Zelda. :tinfoil:

lol that you actually believe the map will be that large

its actually LARGER

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Goons, are you going to get Breath of the Wild for Wii U or NX?

yes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ocarina of Time remains the best box art. It's perfect in its simplicity.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Anyone have a collection of good desktop wallpapers? This is the only one I have.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is this the show that Doritos Pope hosts?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I want that loving Master Edition god dammit I'm gonna end up paying 300 dollars for it off Ebay in the end I can tell argrghf

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Do you really need a plastic half sword that you're just going to put on a shelf and never look at? I think the special edition is a much better deal. You actually get something useful and you aren't wasting another 30 dollars.

I'm a grade A sucker for Nintendo bullshit.

I still didn't buy a Wii U though

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Where are people finding these funny gifs?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So apparently this Zelda actually has a real honest to god plot, like with real characterization and everything. At least that's what I'm hearing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MokBa posted:

If any of y'all spoil this poo poo in the thread I'm gonna come to your house and smash your Switch in front of your crying wife.

lol like any of us here have a wife

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Did I miss any little Old Man sidequests/easter eggs by completing the Plateau relatively quickly? Outside of seeing him at the start and at the shines I didn't see him just out and about.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

snoremac posted:

Did you find his hut?

Yeah I read his journal. I didn't see him around though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What are the ingredients you need to do the Old Man's sidequest?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Raw meat, spicy pepper, hyrulean bass

Thank you

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How the gently caress do I beat the Minotaur thing on top of the mountain near Zora's Domain? This is my first dungeon area so I am pretty weak still.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'll try and avoid it I guess. But it seems to lock on to me no matter how sneaky I try to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So doing this Zora side-quest... did I just enable a pedophile?