Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This looks amazing as gently caress :h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If anyone is worried about the frame rate, there are tons of videos going up now on YouTube of people's playthroughs at the E3 booth. It's smooth as a motherfucker.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That super Zelda fan singer who was murdered in Orlando would have loved this. :smith:

Reggie gave her a tribute at the start of the day, it was kinda nice.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There's something gigantic that climbs constantly around the volcano :aaaaa:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Here, watch the right-hand slope of the volcano as Link runs towards the camera from 12:03 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dar1t_L2wBk

(in the highest res possible, obviously)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Mordaedil posted:

I want to be called the Nintendo eXtreme Entertainment System to be very 90's.

It's the Legend of Zelda and it's really rad
Those creatures from Ganon are pretty bad

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Best

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
A dude on reddit got screenshots of the floating thing in the sky from multiple angles:

A dungeon like the City in the Sky? Remnants of Skyloft? A gigantic airship? Whatever it is, it's another awesome thing to wonder over and one day finally explore :neckbeard:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/4omsod/mysterious_airshipfloating_city_compilation/

Edit: Koroks are in the game, what if Ritos are too?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Trent posted:

I don't see anyone taking about this, but there was some HUD in one of the videos that looked like a horseshoe/cartoon magnet, and I think it looked identical to that U-shaped controller patent Nintendo filed.

Possible NX design?

I bet the tablet thing Link uses has some resemblance to the NX as well.

You mean the magnet thing people were using to pick up metal objects?

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Magnesis_Rune

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

(I didn't make this)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Also I just saw a guy on some Gamespot discussion video say how he used the magnet rune to build a see-saw out of a chest and a metal plank thing, then stand on one end and drop a boulder on the other end to make Link go flying. Apparently it worked. I need to find footage of someone attempting this now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna play some fuckin Zeldas to get excited :3:

First up, the copy of TPHD I got day 1 and haven't opened yet.

Then, probably LTTP. I'll see.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did you get the version with a Wolf Link amiibo? It'll be important later. Plus it's a REALLY pretty amiibo :allears:.

I did indeed :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Someone overlaid the map with the one on the gamepad screen from the first gameplay reveal ages ago.

I can't wait to explore the coast! :swoon: I really hope there's a swimming mechanic even close to the one in Majora's Mask.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

A closer look at the thing on Death Mountain

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't know what's funnier, people who lack the basic coordination to solve Skyward Sword's simple motion control puzzles, or people who struggle for breath trying to do Spirit Tracks' simple panpipes mechanic. Maybe stop choking down mouthfuls of Cheetos like your life depends on it and you'll be able to expel some sustained breaths of air for once.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Amppelix posted:

You're obviously talking about the Song of the Hero section, and while I'll agree that it's by far the worst part of the game (I like how you can fight imprisoned twice in a row of you do the forest first), it's only like an hour of actual gameplay, the worst of which is the stealth mission. I didn't stop enjoying the game at that point, but I did think "boy I hope this part is over soon" and what do you know, it was. Unnecessary padding, but harmless.

It would have been cool if each of those third sections led to a third dungeon for the three areas. A super hard and complex forest dungeon, desert/timeshift dungeon, and fire dungeon. Then it wouldn't feel like padding, it'd feel like the third act of the game, equal to the two acts before it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My guesses:

Every Link amiibo - refill arrows
Zelda amiibo - refill hearts

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
GameXplain is my guilty pleasure. The main dude's voice is SUPER irritating but I watch every loving 45 minute analysis video they put out. It's fun to get excited about games :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Goddamn, the way he says "um".

*nasal* OMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wait so there are only four dungeons in BotW?

This game is getting less exciting every day.

frodnonnag posted:

4 dungeons, most likely 5. Over 100 'shrines' or minidungeons.

Nobody knows how many proper dungeons, there has been no official info on it. If anyone tells you it's 4 they're making it up or guessing or very credulous.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This is a bit off-topic, but the new HBO show Westworld gives me a huge Majora's Mask vibe.

Basic premise, for those who don't know: It's a futuristic theme park with androids populating a wild-west town. They're basically artificially intelligent NPCs. Every few days the park's "narrative" resets (with killed androids coming back to life and so on), and depending on what the new wave of guests decide to do, the events the androids play out change. In the show they even refer to the looping events as "cycles".

It's also a really good show with a great cast and some really creepy mysteries set up in the first episode.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
One episode in and already the show is almost nothing like the 70s movie.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
But the beauty, nay, the art of anime is that it can be both kawaii AND sexy (or "sekushii")

:goonsay:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Jesus christ that was terrifying.

I never really thought about it before but Majora's Mask is body-horror as fuckkk

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

DanielCross posted:

I find Majora's Mask to be a fascinating look at OoT Link's character, assuming full notebook completion is canon.

After the events of OoT, he'd have every reason to be jaded and bitter. It'd be entirely understandable if he just wanted to get his ocarina back, stop the moon, and gently caress off again. But instead, he dedicates weeks' worth of 3-day cycles to bettering the lives of every single person he meets, obsessively journaling their schedules into his notebook, and making sure everyone in Termina is better off than he left them. All with no real thought of reward since, if he did his job right, most of Termina will only remember him as "that kid in green that ran around town for a few days then disappeared."

Or maybe I just think too much about Video Games, that's also an option.

No, Link exploits this and helps people only so far as to get what he needs from them, then resets time and ignores them next time around. Leaving them to their fate. What a dick.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Minish Cap episode of Boss Keys is out:

https://youtu.be/KEVJXqV7XMc

Probably the best and most in depth one yet, and he's rejiggered his graph system.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Apparently there's Zelda stuff to watch in the pre-show stream starting at 17:30 PT/20:30 ET/12:30 AEDT. As well as more footage during the awards show itself.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Birbmen are back, goty confirmed

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Gorgolflox posted:

I hope this game has an achievement for petting all of the dogs because I am going to get it.

Don't limit yourself to games, make this your life achievement

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Can't wait to romance that bird minstrel

Wait is this a bioware game? I'm so confused by all the game footage I just watched

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waltzing Along posted:

No voices? Seriously? Wow.

Excuse me princess

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If you add voice acting to Zelda it turns into a anime and we can't have that

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

a.lo posted:

i don't know who this kass is but i'd like to get to know them better.

:same: , between turians in the new mass effect and kass the bird minstrel man, 2017 is gonna be a good year for meeting some fine lookin birdpeople

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 3, 2016

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

mabels big day posted:

How sweaty is your thumb

Imagine an empty wine glass. A thumb is put into it, and 30 seconds later the glass is full

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The trains were the worst for me. Overworld navigation via a mandatory, tedious minigame ruined the game for me.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Rama of Ra posted:

I hope they take a page out of LA and I get to hit up a witch for a bag of magical powder which I'll proceed to use on EVERYTHING. Just in case. Also the fishing and musical instruments.

No one really mentions Links Awakening in this thread but it was my first Zelda game and forever cemented me as a fan. I think OoT is the only other one to hit me right in the feels the same way.

Goddamnit Nintendo release LA on Wii U

Same, LA was my first Zelda too. I had an issue of a British magazine called Gameboy Planet way back in the day, which had a guide for LA, and it included one of those composite maps of every screen of Koholint Island stitched together to give a map of the whole game. I studied that thing for months before I finally got a copy of the game (DX version). And then I had to play it on my slowly dying Gameboy Phat which had an intermittently working Up button. Made it tricky sometimes. Luckily just a few months after that I got a Gameboy Color. The change in LA from 4 colors to whatever the GBC did was stunning to me.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

spit on my clit posted:

At twelve I got the Simpsons Game. It was a good game.

At ten I shaved my head and tried to be a monk
I thought that older women would like me if I did

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I had Breath of the Wild preordered already at EB Games and they were very lovely to call me up this evening to ask if I wanted first dibs on the collectors edition, so I upgraded my preorder :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
...poo poo, I just realised the case isn't in the Australian limited edition bundle :smith: