Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"It uses up magic so you can't swim around indefinitely at full speed"

uh ok why would you want to swim around indefinitely, there are like 3 places you need to swim to in the whole game and you can get to them all without using up much magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
there are other things in life to get joy from than video games lmao

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have no joy in my heart because I don't spend hours doing sweet jumps as Zora link in majors mask or something

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

for the love of god, please do NOT tell us about them

Lol fair

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'd love any or all of the mechanics from Majora's Mask to come back: multiple species transformations, time loop, really intricate NPC schedule. A game like MM in the BOTW engine would be incredible.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The Bloop posted:

I mean I did play that quite a lot and enjoyed it, but I mean a true direct same engine game. No other Zelda title has been as joyous as WW

It's ridiculous it's not out on switch yet! It would be so chill to be able to sail around on the go

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Spellman posted:

I wish they'd do a 3D All-Stars for Zelda, with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker, with the same treatment pretty much. Hopefully they could make the Tingle Tuner accessible somehow

They'd leave out Majora just to gently caress us over like they did with Galaxy 2

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The 64 games are on the NSO anyway so I just want a WWHD/TPHD collection to tide us over until BOTW2 :smith:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
They probably ran out of space on the original cart but a big gigantic final dungeon would have been so cool. They could have added one in the remake :/

I think I'll play it again on my Zelda anniversary game and watch soon

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Compass is both the worst and best it's ever been in Link's Awakening DX

Worst because it makes you read a bunch of text all 8 times you pick it up

Best because it does have that "this room still has a key" chime, super useful when wandering around Turtle Rock wondering what the gently caress you haven't done yet

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I loved the musical note section, it felt like a fun little banjo kazooie level in my Zelda game. A chill break to do some swimming in the final act of the game :shrug:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Barreft posted:

Sure if there wasn't a timer on collecting the notes.

e: I'm just not spending 30 minutes, let alone an hour getting all the notes in a zone. let alone 3 drat zones. and everytime you don't hit a note it all gets reset. It's stupid poo poo design :shrug:

You only have to do the musical notes for the forest. You get the songs in different ways in the other regions: stealth section in the volcano and a timeshifting stone obstacle course train thing in the desert.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Also if it helps you can spin attack while swimming to draw nearby notes to you, so you don't have to swim precisely and touch every single note

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe I'm weird but I loved the silent realms stuff too. Finding out that there was a 4th one in Skyloft actually made me happy. They're fun action stealth puzzle segments, and honestly one of the highlights of SS for me

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
All other Zelda music pales in comparison to Koji Kondo's magnum opus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQE8y2abc8c

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This guy's cover rules, especially the bass guitar hhhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kf9-_ihLrQ

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I hated Eastward and quit it about halfway through.

You might like it if you enjoy games that let you play about 20 minutes of gameplay as a reward for watching an hour or two of poorly written cutscenes.

Hedrigall posted:

Oof yeah I got sucked into the hype

I quit the game after the first 8 hours or so

8 hours that had about 3 hours of gameplay in it

Hope you enjoy pressing A a lot to read endless reams of the blandest character dialogue from characters you couldn’t give two fucks about even after hours and hours of “character development”

Sometimes the game is nice and lets you walk a bit before another 15-30 minute cutscene begins

It's worse than Golden Sun's wordiness was

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Winifred Madgers posted:

thats what she said

:golfclap:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
God I love it and need to play it again now it's on the switch. It will be my first time playing it with an n64 controller - I never owned it back in the day.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Blossom Tales 2 is out now. It's a cute LTTP clone like the first game was.

I really enjoyed the first one although it was a little basic and only had 3 dungeons. I heard this one is longer and has good dungeons - no idea how many though. I'm excited to get it!

SwitchUp has a good video review on youtube if you're interested

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I flicked through it all quickly going "holy poo poo what is THAT??" every 4-5 pages, learned no spoilers, and am absolutely convinced this is going to be the Majora's Mask of BOTW in terms of amping up the weirdness by 1000%

game looks amazing

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Some people are saying "the leaked pages" etc but not sure if they mean a subset of them. The entire 204 page art book is all out there

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Instrument in TOTK but it takes after the recipes from BOTW and doesn't write down the songs in a menu anywhere for you

You just have to remember them :smug:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I lost my last life on the final level of Breath of the Wild, which sucks because I was so close to a high score!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
7 weeks before BOTW we got the huge trailer

I really want a TOTK-focused direct soon but on the other hand I want to see nothing else until it's out

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Hear me out

The higher into the sky you go, the further back in time

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I also really hope they're hiding something huge mechanic-wise, akin to the reveal that Super Mario Odyssey was all about enemy body possession. Nobody saw that coming from the initial trailer. We thought it was just a hat you could throw then jump on.

The leaked TOTK art book is intended to be looked at before playing the game as it's included with the special edition, so while it shows a lot of cool stuff you can't infer any game mechanics at all, it's still all a mystery

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Predictions?

Zelda is trapped underground and there's entire segments of the game where you play with her with the Sheikah slate runes from BOTW, and her main goal is to activate stuff for Link to use/explore on the surface

Dungeons are in the past or something and accessed through time portals

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Bosses make a dollar something something Nintendo directs on company time

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So it looks like they're taking inspiration heavily from (speculation based on what real world cultural art style it might be) Superjail lmao that's a good poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The Legend of Zelda: Darknuts and Bolts