Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/umqEsxH.mp4
Eh, jus walk it off, you'll be fine

Every time I see one of these I hear in my head Homer falling down Springfield Gorge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm guessing part of it is that holiday season is already kind of a stacked lineup and they don't wanna cannibalize Pokemon's sales or whatever. It's an extra couple months of polish, it's fine.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Just put Zelda in a giant slow indestructible suit of armor like when she was playable in Spirit Tracks, bam, gameplay problem solved

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'll always have a soft spot for that stupid panflute, because while experimentally blowing into the DS microphone trying to make it register right, I somehow stumbled into learning how to whistle

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Wasn't the implication that Groose, as the only yellow-eyed redhead guy of any importance, is the ancestor of what would become the Gerudo, and therefore Ganon?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I meant more that, in an ironic twist, Link's recurring nemesis is a distant descendant of his past life's kinda lovely high school rival/good-hearted friend, not that Groose is Secretly Ganon All Along like a Game Theory

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

DanielCross posted:

Death of the Author cannot apply in good faith for any work of art where an author is actively and continually profiting off of it. Say some extremist author writes a work about their views, but their views are so extreme that it's considered satire by the public at large. The profits from everyone buying that book as satire are still going to fund the original author's extremist views. This is not something that you can just shrug and go "Well, interpretation matters and not intent" because you are actively funding the intent.

Death of the Author only matters if the Author is actually dead, basically.

What if I :filez: it though

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

It's impossible to posit what a lynel dick would look like. We've never seen a lady lynel.

:eng101: Lynels are hermaphroditic. The front half's male, the back half's female

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Winifred Madgers posted:

That's also from nearly 4 years before the (current) release date. A lot of development has taken place since then. I'm not taking anything as a given if that's the most recent evidence for it being a direct sequel.

The trailers scattered about seem to indicate it's reusing a lot of the overworld map one-to-one, altered here and there by various floating sky island nonsense, so the assumption amongst the community seems to be that it's a direct sequel with the overworld "remixed" a bit by Ganon Shenanigans

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

sigher posted:

Can't blame them.

...you're aware that Spirit Tracks uses the chibi Wind Waker artstyle for, like, little kid Princess Zelda, right?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

H Jon Benjamin

...gently caress, THAT'S who should have voiced Mario! Dude excels at being a lovable blue collar everyman who sometimes devolves into histrionics. You know, when he's not being Sterling Archer anyway

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

MokBa posted:

Link is honing in on Pitt's territory

Man, we really could use another Kid Icarus game

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Finally, it's Vaati's time to shine!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Wind Waker Rito are also implicitly evolved from Zora while they coexist in BoTW.

True, but this is also some sort of Kirk Cameron "If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?" logic.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Tears of the Kingdom: Zeldoid Fusion

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Zelda Megathread: Deku Nuts & Bolts

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Zelda Megathread: Goodbye Master Sword, Hello Rock-Stick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Comrade Fakename posted:

People realise that “Ultrahand” is a deep-cut Nintendo reference, right?

http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/03/nintendo-ultra-hand-1966.html

The inventor of this thing would go on to develop the Gameboy!

...and the Virtual Boy, but we shouldn't hold that against him too much.