Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only thing dumber than caring about the zelda timeline is getting mad about people caring about the zelda timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That super Zelda fan singer who was murdered in Orlando would have loved this. :smith:
i think she also would have loved not being dead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahah those pre-breath of the wild concept ideas can't be loving real. can they? what in the hell.

i mean they're just concept sketches from the part of development where people throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. it's pretty common for those to be really out there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I've probably put over 40 hours into this game and I still have only done one beast. What other games even came out this year? It makes me mad to think about them, about what ding dong bullshit they are compared to Zelda. FFXV? Babytime frolics. Horizon Dumb Title? CAN'T ENTER THIS LOCATION. Nier Automata? Ok I might actually enjoy that one because it's Platinum.
tales of berseria is good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

After zestiria I ain't falling for that again
they fired the guy responsible for zestiria and everything in berseria is a fundamental and deliberate shift away from zestiria to the point that the new director referred to it as a 'new life' for the series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Is getting around fun or depend on a fun mechanic or is it still wide open empty plains with gently caress all to do but mash select and hope you get a skit?
there isn't much map/dungeon design but unlike zestiria the maps aren't insanely, stupidly big and they don't try to pretend it's open world, and you get fast travel options that aren't ludicrously specific, so it's mostly just a little bland in that regard instead of mindnumbing

also there's way more skits and you don't have to sleep at inns seventy times to get them

edit: also you get a hoverboard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

Speedrun community has the game down to just about under an hour with debate on whether or not using amiibo should be its own category or not since instant Epona cuts a huge chunk out of the middle of the run.

any decent youtube recordings of their streams? Preferably with someone not too annoying. I'd love to see what a speedrun looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the main issue with skyward sword is the intro being way too long and restrained, but it has some really good dungeons and the wiimote plus stuff worked for me (though i understand it's incredibly finicky)