Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Also please stop quoting that GIANT loving GIF my computer can't handle it.

I didn't notice it was a gif and just now realized why the E3 coverage I was watching crapped out. What the gently caress.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

HighwireAct posted:

I think my biggest concern is not with this game specifically, but with what happens after. How are they possibly gonna top what's looking to be the definitive 3D Legend of Zelda?

Honestly I hope they just sit on it for awhile. Put out Zelda Maker, maybe another DS game and another remaster, let Zelda go back on the backburner.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

I know I'm obviously late to the party on this, but I just started playing Link to the Past, anything I should know?

Game is good.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm just glad I'll be able to surf on a shield in the near future!

Has no one confirmed shield bomb jumping yet?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I beat LttP for the first time about 2 years ago (never had a SNES), it quickly became one of my favourite Zelda games. It never felt clunky or old, just a good Zelda game.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone know how to get the chest in Ree Dahee shrine? It's the one where you have to fling th balls into the dish type areas to activate the elevators. I thought it had something to do with the barrels but I can't jump on top of them so I got nothin

You can put the button in stasis.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the new phone message tone.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

Well, I don't own a Wii U either. I presume getting one would be cheaper, but... well. Something to think about at least.

I borrowed a Wii U just to play this game and it was super worth it. Now that I've beat the game, I want to buy a Wii U. Not only to replay this game, but to play the notable backlog of Wii U and Wii games I've missed, including ports of Gamecube games I've missed. Last Nintendo console I really played was the 64, so I've missed a lot.

It's hard to describe how amazing this game is, but it really is a full evolutionary step in open world RPG design. There's nothing really unique or innovative of the game's design, but it takes everything that's been learned over the past decade or so and puts them together in an extremely well crafted game. Going back to the old school of open world RPGs is going to be really hard now.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I hope there is some large aquatic life in this game that I just haven't run in to yet. It would be a shame if there wasn't whales or sharks or even just some weird big water creatures.

I seen something swimming around waters that I did not want to gently caress with. Probably not all that big but looked dangerous, noped anytime I seen it.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

I decided to go replay Wind Waker HD and it was a good decision.

This is my plan too, although play for the first time as I have yet to play Wind Waker.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Horizon seems like GOTY bait. Breath of the Wild seems like GOTY.

I think Horizon is super cool, especially for its place in the industry, and people should probably play it if they have the means... But comparing it to Breath of the Wild seems a bit silly.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 31, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Both games are probably super fun, enjoy the good games, goons. :)

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Section Z posted:

The worst part of marble maze was not the maze, it was if you attempted to use the motion controls to launch the ball onto the next ledge. Those were the only type of motion control shrines that were straight up :sigh:

Yea even after I gave up on the maze and flipped it, the lack of depth perception still made it hard to get the ball from the motion piece to the ledge. Otherwise I didn't have an issue with any of the other motion control shrines, but I seem to be lucky in not finding the "get 3 balls in holes simultaneously" shrine.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't have bad experiences with the Wii U version at all. The framerate drops were definitely noticeable, but it only happened in areas where it didn't matter too much, not during combat etc.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I wouldn't've minded a Navi that only came out after staring at a puzzle for 15 mins "You have cryonis, dipshit."

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Actually, the camel level is the best level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

BotW's Death Mountain/Goron City pretty much replicated the sense of adventure/discovery I got from OoT's Death Mountain/Goron City. :discourse: