Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I can't believe I've been watching this Zelda stream all day. It's making me want to get back to my Zelda replay too that I put down due to being burnt out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Jsor posted:

They just mentioned that Link has been asleep for 100 years.

Isn't that the plot of Zelda 2 but reversed, with Zelda being asleep for 100 years and the Zelda from the first game who was presumeably still around was a different Zelda entirely? I'm wondering if you'll run into another incarnation of Link that isn't the Wolf Link amiibo.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Linnaeus posted:

Decided to play majora's mask again cause the new game made me excited for zelda

It made me want to get back to my Zelda series replay. Got burned out around the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time after beating Zelda 1, 2, ALttP and Link's Awakening in quick succession.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The next Zelda game will be a rhythm game where all the incarnations of Link meet up and form a band using their choice instruments.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I hope that if Link ever hunts and eats cuccos in Breath of the Wild then after beating the final boss you automatically get a bad ending as swarms of cuccos peck Link to death.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Pooperscooper posted:

I really wish Zelda would include a difficulty slider, since playing them from the original I feel like they can't keep pace anymore. Last few have been super easy and simple in terms of combat.

Well, the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD versions have been pretty good at giving you the option of Hero Mode at the start of the game which removes hearts dropping from grass and the like and you take double damage. A Hero Mode for Breath of the Wild which plays up the survival aspects could be very interesting.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

There were two Links in Twilight Princess!

There were three Links in A Link Between Worlds too or at least there's speculated to be three. You've got the Link you play as, you've got Ravio, the Lorule version of Link and then you've got Gramps, who isn't explicitly said to be ALttP Link but there's enough hints dropped like him still being a powerful badass even at his age and him being able to wield the Master Sword that it seems likely.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Also I don't know how weird this is to ask, but in the year-ish before Skyward Sword came out there was a big Goon simuplay challenge of the whole series, and seeing as we have this coming up and between the 3ds and WiiU you can pretty much play every game in the series asides from 4 swords, I'm wondering if there'd be any interest in doing it again this year?

Last time I got up to OOT, broke a 3ds screen and couldn't finish and I've wanted an excuse to try again..

I'm kind of doing the same thing myself. Finished OoT a few days back and am going to start MM soon. Plan to do all of the games. Even the Tingle games.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Well to be fair, the Water Temple went from being one of my most hated dungeons in the series to maybe not my favorite but pretty high up there once I played the 3DS release. It's the only dungeon in Ocarina which requires you to have critical thinking about how full or drained the water is as you collect items and progress in the dungeon. A lot of Ocarina's other puzzles just kind of spell things out for you or have really obvious solutions nearby.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do the games that came after OoT all fit onto those timelines? Do the timelines splinter further as the series goes on?

Yes and probably not but who knows. The games probably weren't even meant to be connected in the first place and I kind of feel the three split timelines was just a way for Nintendo to shut the fans up who constantly asked about the timeline. It isn't hugely important either way.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

To be fair, I kind of had a lot of trouble when I replayed ALttP last year too and I had just come off a Zelda 1 and 2 replay. Though I didn't die at all, more that I kept falling down pits for whatever dumb reason. Didn't have this problem with Link's Awakening when I played that immediately afterwards either so I dunno, maybe I was having an "off" period of days then. Zelda 1 and 2 were still far harder but ALttP does do stuff that sets you back for loving up, like having to retraverse a few rooms.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Playing through Oracle of Seasons and Ages now, they're kind of the Twilight Princess of 2D Zeldas to me. Not bad by any stretch, actually pretty good games for what they are. But also pretty unremarkable and overall forgettable and building on a base clearly established by a previous game which was more memorable (Link's Awakening whereas for Twilight Princess it was Ocarina of Time). They're not my least favorite 2D Zeldas because Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks exist, but I don't rank them highly either.

Speaking of the DS Zeldas, they're probably the Skyward Sword of 2D Zeldas even down to using a control scheme that I personally loathe but work well for some people apparently.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Skyward Sword kind of did Link being in a supporting role anyway to be honest. Zelda was the one getting poo poo done while Link was mostly just following her footsteps for most of the game until the end, where he saves her and defeats Demise.

I'd definitely like to see a playable Zelda or at least make her a co-protagonist one day but I'm not sure I could take another Skyward Sword either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Starman forever, y'all. If ever I find out how to shoulder-check bitches and make the crowd roar, poo poo'll be on point.

Is that a custom outfit?