Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Serious question: are there any proper dungeons in the game or just those like 5-10 minute shrines they showed in the gameplay demos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Amppelix posted:

Yes, but none were deliberately shown.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

There's proper dungeons, towns and NPCs but they weren't shown for story reasons.

Ok good, in that case I'm 100% on board. I was watching at work with the sound off so I missed a lot of details about what they were/weren't showing like that.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I have the feeling some people are going to go into this expecting Witcher 3-level quest density and come away thinking it's garbage.

Yup. I'm anticipating it feeling a bit like Wind Waker, only with more interactivity between the "islands", as it were. In my mind those long stretches of sailing are actually one of the best parts of Wind Waker because they provide a period of relaxation and exploration in between the dungeons and story and everything else, so if Breath of the Wild nails that exploration:everything else ratio I'm gonna fall in love with this game so hard.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Dexie posted:

Between this and Splatoon I feel really good about the future of Nintendo. I just hope they keep letting their younger guys take control like this.

Here's hoping that Breath of the Wild is both a critical and commercial success so that Nintendo sees that the new ways aren't all bad. Like I'd love if they made a new Metroid game that plays like Metroid Prime but is as open-ended as Super Metroid :allears:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zas posted:

when I heard about zelda 64 I didn't know who link was, I thought zelda was the attractive girl in green you played as

This is correct though :confused:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

If this game brings back Moosh it will officially be The Best Game Ever Made

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

nintendo needs to make more games based on the "failure state" zelda timeline-line, they're always the best ones

Still waitin' on my game about the flooding of Hyrule

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

non-failure timeline, garbage game :colbert:

Oh yeah you're right, I was getting the real timeline confused with an old theorized timeline that put Wind Waker immediately after Majora in a Hero Fails timeline. Regardless, my point stands that I want the flood game.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Arcon posted:

I want this to be a real game. A Link has to pull the Master Sword to defeat what he thinks is the Big Bad, but by pulling the Master Sword he actually summons/revives/whatevers Ganon, who makes things worse. (People would probably hate it as a "super long intro/prologue" but I think the bait/switch and everything being Links fault and now he has to fix it would be cool)

I realize that there are plenty of real-world limitations that prevented them from even trying to attempt something like this, but this would have been perfect in the Oracle pairs. Defeat the big bad of one game, which somehow revives Ganon, and then move on to the other game in your quest to stop him.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bongo Bill posted:

There's no better time than the present to get back into the habit of touching your Nintendo Switch.

Imagine not still being deep in the Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak grind, smdh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LordoftheScheisse posted:

If only you could fast forward past the first 20 or so minutes of that game.

realpost this is half the reason to play randomizer

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

To argue that we should never have remasters/remakes is to argue that the only version of Blade Runner we should ever have is the theatrical version, and I am simply not willing to abide that line of thought

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Similarly if you're looking for "what if Breath of the Wild had no combat and was a little janky" Sable is great.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mylan posted:

The story for Nintendo's two biggest franchises, since their inception over 30 years ago, basically boils down to "dude rescues princess." It's kinda impressive in a way that in that whole time, barring spin-off titles, that they never had the idea of "what if the princess doesn't need to be rescued in this one?"

I appreciated that in Odyssey after you rescue Peach she spends the entire rest of the game going on vacation all over the world.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

maybe you can switch out arms to accomplish different functions

My current theory based on nothing besides handfuls of frames from trailers is that in addition to weapons you'll also find tools that provide traditionally Zelda-esque item functionality until they break. Presumably lore-wise they'd connect to your weird arm.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cartoon Man posted:

I want a Zelda game where you play as this dude from Twilight Princess. Gannon kills Link but he gets resurrected from the dead to fight back and rescue Zelda.

He gets cool Zombie and Lich powers and poo poo.

Didn't Twilight Princess really heavily imply this guy is Link from Ocarina of Time?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

YggiDee posted:

There's no evidence of Zora still existing in Wind Waker though

There are proper, living Zora in Phantom Hourglass.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zore posted:

I thought you could only collect Zora scales and Crowns to sell as loot. I didn't think there were any actual Zora who appeared in the game.

They're the monstrous form a la LttP rather than the NPC form that started with Ocarina, but they're there.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I'm looking forward to playing The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on my Nintendo Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

External Organs posted:

TotK: yes, you can pet the dog once it's fused to your ornithopter

fusing a dog to the master sword and insisting that ganon pet the dog