Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
This'll be my first Zelda! I'm very excited.

I'm somewhat lying. I played Oracle of Ages/Seasons way back when I was a kid, but I don't remember any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Have there been any detailed reports of how it runs on Wii U yet? It seems like all the review copies were for Switch.

It has framerate issues during busy moments people say.

According to those with more knowledge then I, the Switch has the same framerate issues, to the same degree, at the same times.

The Switch only performs better when it's handheld only/running at 720p.

Outside of that ( which I assume is a patchable issue, but also all console games look kind of sketchy to me/seem to have framerate issues to me since I'm used to PC gaming ) it is 1:1 in terms of all graphical options, including view distance/depth of field/AA/graphics. Nintendo has come out saying it's a 1:1 version graphically and looks/plays identically, but the Switch version comes with "enhanced environmental sounds." whatever that means.

Just get the WiiU version.

e: For those worrying about BotW, I literally have never played a Zelda game. My first Nintendo console was a WiiU to complement my PC because I wanted to start trying all the amazing looking first party stuff Nintendo was putting out for the WiiU/solid initial third party stuff. My only experience with Zelda is Oracle of Ages/Seasons which I think I 100%ed both but I barely remember them. I'm 100% down for this because it looks incredible. I'm not buying a Switch for a single game, but I am buying the WiiU version. At least one friend just bought a cheapo WiiU to play this game as well, and his last Zelda game was Twilight Princess. I'm not sure it's going to push Switch units, but it may push WiiUs.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 2, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Popete posted:

Can anyone on Wii U confirm framerate issues?

It has them.

The Switch has them at the same places though. Only way you get out of framerate issues is using an undocked Switch so it plays at 700p, but then it apparently looks kind of gunky in ways the WiiU version doesn't.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

So the Wii U version performance is basically exactly the same as the Switch, right?

Literally 1:1 in every way. Same graphics, same options, same framerate. They look exactly the same. Only difference is the Switch docked version runs at 900p ( but apparently has more framerate issues then the WiiU version when in this mode so. ).

The Switch undocked version runs at 720p and has no framerate issues! But uh.

Not really a looker at that point.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

khy posted:

The Linkle and Zelda mods are forcing me to evaluate whether or not I want to spend $600 to upgrade my CPU, motherboard and RAM.

Of course the performance gains would be across the board and not SOLELY for Cemu, I'm on a 1st gen i7 so I'm overdue anyway for an upgrade.

BotW is pretty smooth on a lot of older systems, what are you running?

( I just had to update my 3570k to a 8400 for this exact reason. Same setup. Only cost $275. I have BotW on WiiU, but I want it in 60fps with the controller of my choice/mods. )