Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I want to save the last shrine for the one in Hyrule Castle. Will I get the of the wild set automatically or do I have to turn it in somewhere?

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

GobiasIndustries posted:

You run into one out in the wild and you've still only got like 4 hearts and a bunch of lovely weapons and oh god it just keeps following me and there's nowhere to hide

- me the first time I attempted Central Tower not 15 minutes after leaving the plateau

Finished the game last night, definitely have to echo how dorky and lame the Of the Wild set looks. I saw the requirements for upgrading and stormed hyrule castle without upgrading it.

Definitely thought the first phase of Ganon was a cool fight but except for gliding up and letting time stop for a good 5 seconds in perfect timing with the music before delivering the final blow the second phase was kinda disappointing. The ending scene with Zelda was really charming, though, I was half expecting Link to say a word or two as the last line of the game.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Started a Master Mode playthrough with the pro HUD, and have already seen at least 3 things I didn't find in my 120-shrine Normal Mode playthrough. Everything about this game continues to surprise me and I love it

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Usually nostalgia doesn't do much for me, but man the first few scenes of Link's Awakening hit me hard with the music. The only gripe I really have is that I'm kinda disappointed in the boss theme. It doesn't quite pack all the intensity of the original.

Just with a basic yes/no, can anyone tell me if there are in-game hints on how to access the color dungeon? If not I might need a guide.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
drat I was not expecting the music in Face Shrine :stare:

Man LA is so good

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The only thing that I really don't like about LA is that iirc its canon that (ending) the wind fish just loving leaves Link there to die stranded at sea. Like, my guy, I just woke you up from a coma, the least you could do is let me hitch a ride to land.

Otherwise, man I forgot just how good that game is, well worth it for that extra level of charm.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Zore posted:

Canonically he goes on and has the OoA and OoS adventures after LA

Oh huh, I thought the official timeline said LA came before the Oracle games, is that wrong?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Er wait, I meant after. I just did a google search where the page from the historia shows Oracle -> LA then Zelda 1 and 2 so I'm super confused

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I remember getting stuck in Eagle's Tower in the original version cause the ball got stuck on one of the barriers you're supposed to throw the ball over and glitched so that I could never pick it up. I was deathly afraid of running into that again on the remake.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
With the amount Link eats, he already is

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Tbh Zelda is so synonymous with what the medium is to me that it takes me a bit to process when people say they either don't like the series or have played maybe 1-2 games.

e: As an eternal OOT mark, I still adore the Forest and Spirit temples

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 24, 2020

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'd be very curious to know if Nintendo was originally shooting for a Metroid of the Wild with Prime 4 but had to scrap it and that's why they brought Retro back on.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm starting to suspect the reason we haven't gotten any new info on botw2 in nearly a year and a half is entirely because of age of calamity, either by its mere existence or its story.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
drat, I don't know what I was expecting but I was not prepared for the egg Guardian to be not-R2D2.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Tender Bender posted:

Do you folks think we're likely to get a Zelda 3D All-Stars kind of thing this year for the 35th Anniversary? I'm itching to revisit Majora's Mask but getting into the Wii U emulator is a pain. I could get the 3DS remake, but I'd much rather play it on the switch if that's coming down the line.

I'd say it's pretty likely but they probably won't announce it until after the Mario 35th stuff formally "ends" so we've still got a couple months of speculation left to go :(

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That trailer definitely killed the speculation about playable Zelda so at least they let us down somewhat early.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it’s like 60% COVID, 40% straining under the limitations of the Switch and pushing the hardware to its literal breaking point.

Maybe swap some covid percentage to scrambling after seeing Elden Ring and I think that's probably accurate.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
One of those carvings seems to show Zelda in the sacrificial levitation pose so who knows what she's doing this time around.

The title and carving with what I presume are the tears in question suggests classic dungeons are back in some form though, that's got me excited.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It’s called Tears of the Kingdom because Zelda dies in this one

Honestly that's been my theory behind why they held back the title for so long and a potential double meaning kinda still puts it in play.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've said this before, but I get the distinct impression that Tears will disappoint a lot of people, particularly those who played and beat Elden Ring. The comparisons may not be fair but they will exist and they will be many; I've already seen several people over the past year say Elden Ring was the game they wished BOTW was. Right now, Nintendo basically has 2 sets of impossible expectations to meet with Tears, but it's also hard to understate how much BOTW exceeded its own expectations.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 8, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wouldn't be surprised to see the underground exploration from the initial reveal trailer playable as the tutorial so they can refamiliarize the player with climbing, cooking, and whichever of the runes from botw they're keeping around in an enclosed and claustrophobic space before reintroducing the player to hyrule proper.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 7, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
BotW would absolutely not have been improved with bombastic overworld themes. I'm imagining listening to like 2 hours straight of TP's Hyrule Field and that would make me lose my mind after 2 sessions. Ambient stuff that you can still recognize works way better with games like BotW or Xenoblade 3 compared to their predecessors because they fit the tone and atmosphere of the world.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Augus posted:

Dread gave Samus one line of voiced dialogue in a fictional language and it was the hypest poo poo of all time

I'm so glad I didn't get that spoiled for me, that line plus her theme hitting made me jump out of my seat.

I'm torn on watching the footage tomorrow because I really want to go into Tears as blind as BotW but I also feel compelled to see what Nintendo is cooking. I'm also curious if this means Nintendo is eschewing a dedicated Direct like their tentpole releases from last year got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If Link doesn't have the Sheikah Slate then wouldn't that mean either it's broken during that first encounter or it's in Zelda's possession?