Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I want a timeline for future games carefully set up so that no matter which order you put the games in, including attempts to do parallel timelines, they are completely mutually contradictory. Set up so they all both must have come before every other entry but also cannot have come before them because of other details. They should spend 100% of their development resources on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Straight White Shark posted:

there's only one supporting BOTW character worth including in future titles and it's robot fucker lady

The who now

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
All I want is for the underground in BOTW2 to have Subrosians. I love the cute little guys.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I think the reason most people do the Zora area first is because Hateno and Kakariko are right there. I remember I decided to explore north from Kakariko, glided over a few gorges because there wasn't an obvious way to the tower I was trying to get to (Akkala), and then oh well huh hi Prince Sidon.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Man, anyone have any tips for finding shrines, particularly within a reasonable radius of Korok Village? I'm trying to rush Master Sword this time around (with the plan to redistribute to stamina afterwards) and I need 20 more orbs to get the hearts I need. I particularly don't want to trigger Sidon (or any Divine Beast quest) yet and holy poo poo I just realized Sidon is probably derived from Poseidon.

I can't remember, do Goron or Rito village trigger any cutscenes just by walking around them, or are they safe unless you talk to a key NPC? I guess I could gently caress off to Farosh's jungle area since it's safe as far as main quests go but that's a bit of a distance, especially on a warpless pro hud limited map use run.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 18, 2020

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Runcible Cat posted:

Even if you trigger a quest it's fine to just wander off and come back to it later, unless you find the guilt overwhelming.

It's the guilt lol

Also basically some weird version of I want to do it right this time >:(, which is totally arbitrary and made up by me and I have no idea why I defined this as "correct" but my brain is adamant about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I'm honestly kind of surprised SS is so hated, but them I never really had any issues with the controls. I understood a little more during my second playthrough on Dolphin with some input lag, but overall I didn't have many problems.

I like the overworld design, I MOSTLY like Zelda's characterization, I really, really love the dungeons and didn't find Phi overly disruptive in dungeons outside the first few (which admittedly was very obnoxious). Honestly it's not really any specific thing, it just tickles some deep part of my brain that is overwhelmingly happy while playing it.