Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bean posted:

My hilariously supported fan theory that totally means a lot you guys is that we're just after the great flood, the world has drained, the ocean floor has gone a bit wild, and now we've got to get things sort of repopulated.

Also I'm disappointed we haven't seen The Hat yet.

The timeline splits again after Wind Waker, one with Ganon getting his wish to revive Hyrule and one with the King getting his wish to drown it. In this game, the old man at the beginning is actually King Daphnes. I figured it out, Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The only crafting shown so far is cooking

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Relin posted:

ahahaha the neogaf thread is 40 straight pages of people complaining about the gender of a character with no personality

i hope they add female link and metroid other m the hell out of her

Let me tell you about the Wii U thread.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Did anyone mention their rationale for Link being right-handed again is "the attack button is on the right side of the gamepad"

It's honestly this kind of revolutionary thinking that makes me keep coming back to these games every generation so, I accept this. It's so clear to me now, it's as intuitive as the d-pad's creation on the NES. Hats off to them.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So. NWPlayer, hacker that is best known for datamining Splatoon and uncovering and making videos of weapons before they came out, basically is helping out a guy leak out the E3 demo. This guy just shoved an SD card into a Wii U at E3, copy/pasted the 16gig demo and now they're working together to get it out there, apparently it'll be out tomorrow and you'll need a modded Wii U for that.

Goon luck.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The old guy is gonna be the king, or ganondorf :tinfoil:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is going to be the greatest game ever made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

As long as beating up enemies with a skeleton arm and a pitchfork never gets old, I'm not worried about having fun in the open world.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want to play this so badly... no wonder they waited so long to show it off. I'm going to go crazy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope Ganon is a big pig man with a trident again. I'm getting bored of Ganondorf.

Ganondorf is the old man you talk to when you wake up.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Silvain posted:

Nah, I prefer sexy Impa.

That is sexy Impa.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

When I play I'm going to beeline for Hyrule castle and Death Mountain ASAP and get killed

I'm going to carefully explore the plateau to find all of the available shrines and other helpful items/secrets before moving on to the nearest and most accessible area that the game points me to.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This is going to be the greatest game ever made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

lol yeah

dont get me wrong, it looks epic, but cmon

It's going to be the best game ever made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

jivjov posted:

Both, obviously

:patriot:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

A dude on reddit got screenshots of the floating thing in the sky from multiple angles:

A dungeon like the City in the Sky? Remnants of Skyloft? A gigantic airship? Whatever it is, it's another awesome thing to wonder over and one day finally explore :neckbeard:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/4omsod/mysterious_airshipfloating_city_compilation/

Edit: Koroks are in the game, what if Ritos are too?

Then it all but confirms the post WW theory

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

smell this posted:

but the mastersword is not in the skull of ganondorf

Ganondorf won in this timeline.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gorgolflox posted:

I don't think that box art is real... in fact I think it is a fake.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

A flying mount would be pretty cool and makes sense if the world really is massive. I hope it would be something weird though like a repurposed guardian or something.

MOOSH

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gorgolflox posted:

Kinda looks like the Great Plateau is floating? Also it's Castle Town from OOT?

I got that from HERE in case you're interested.

Cool.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've been thinking about it, and well, this might be the greatest game of all time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope you can eventually get the regular green tunic like 70% through the game

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

greatn posted:

My wife saw wicked two nights ago and the program listed the wizard as the guy who was the original voice of professor Oak from Pokemon.

Edit: gently caress, wrong thread

That's pretty awesome actually, glad that guy is still getting work.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The most "who gives a gently caress" timeline thing is Triforce Heroes, which is said to be a direct followup to ALBW with the same Link who somehow became a toon between games because reasons.

They need to fire the intern who said that and hire me instead.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Breath of the Wild is going to be the greatest game ever made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Judging from all these gameplay videos, I think it's safe to assume BotW will be the best Zelda. Yes, even better than Wind Waker.

It's going to be the best game ever made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

a.lo posted:

my boss showed me his tattoos today and they were all like zelda and fma and all this stuff i like and like i mustve seemed interested bc he took off his shirt and showed me ones on his back but like… all i said was "fun" in like a weird voice?

Why did you come here to say that without posting pictures of your boss's cool as gently caress tattoos?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

working my way through twilight princess HD, and the game is quite a bit better than I remember it. Obviously the quality of life changes help out a lot but the game itself seems kind of underrated.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

dont think it was posted earlier but the Oracle games Boss Keys episode came out a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqKGl6exyyY

this one doesn't actually talk about the specific dungeons as much as I would have liked but whatever. I really want to see what the guy will say about Twilight Princess when he gets to that

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

greatn posted:

He's going to loving hate a couple of really good dungeons I think, because he seems to have the idea that linear = automatically bad, and complex = automatically good, when you can have good or bad dungeons of both type.

I'm playing through it right now. I'm on the Temple of Time, but I will say that Snowpeak Ruins is the best dungeon so far. The first part is linear as hell but it challenges you to understand the layout of the mansion very well and it uses different floors in a 3d space pretty well. It even force gives you the map so you have to use it.

The Arbiter's Grounds is super linear, like its basically a series of rooms in order, but has some cool fights and uses of Wolf Link, and unfortunately the big spinner room at the end is far too little despite it being so fun.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

City in the Sky is probably the most frustrating and miserable dungeon I've played. It's a gigantic pain in the rear end to navigate with lots of one-way routes, and if you're trying to get all the chests like I am, it means if you miss one sometimes you have to go through a whole section of the dungeon again just for another chance to figure it out.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cave of Shadows on Hero mode might be too hard for me. Armos are not enemies meant to be fought as a wolf

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think Ocarina of Time has aged nearly as well as most of the other 3D Zelda games.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Agree for the non-dungeon stuff. I think the dungeons hold up as still being better than the other 3D Zeldas.

Didn't Miyamoto and his team purposely design Zelda 1 so you basically had to ask other people for tips to get through the game? I could have sworn he said that in some interview.

doing any kind of sidequest in this game without a guide sucks. the dungeons are fine though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuU6ojvBIic

spoilers Wind Waker is for babies and he says the dungeons suck

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I imported the Tingle game and I hated the haggling system. It feels very unsatisfying because you will never know how much you get cheated out of without just referring to a guide, and if you go lower than the minimum point they'll just get mad at you. Also there is basically no music in the overworld so it's pretty boring in that regard. There's other stuff I liked about it but the main gameplay conceit sucks.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

This one is pretty bad. I don't totally disagree with the specific points he brings up in the video, but I totally reject his conclusions. He correctly praises the new steps forward in puzzle design that Windwaker brings to the series and then dismisses them out of hand because the dungeons don't require much backtracking. He even brings up that they did include more complicated exploration and backtracking to find all the optional things but dismisses it as significant. But like he touches on then ignores, players don't know what's significant and what isn't and his analysis is from the perspective of someone who already knows what's important, not someone who's just exploring and figuring out to get to all the chests.

Also lmao that he says the Wind Temple is the best one

this is a good way of putting it. i understand and can agree with some of his points but he's way too dismissive here.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I mean I think his video on the water temple is wrong because he doesn't recognise the most obnoxious part of the temple.

It isn't the floating block, although that's terrible. It's that the path to Dark Link has two key doors. The problem is that they're separated by two rooms even though that path is linear. You can easily go in, thinking you're progressing with a single key, solve two puzzle rooms only to get to the Dark Link door and realise you've missed a key. At which point you then have to backtrack through both the puzzle rooms and go and find the key, which is likely due to the floating block.

That is needlessly frustrating for a player, given that they have no advance warning that they'll need a second key. What he doesn't recognise is that sometimes backtracking is just a massive annoyance instead of a cool and new experience.

Good thing that is completely fixed in OoT3D

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Since I haven't played that version what did they fix about this from the N64 version?

Well, navigating the dungeon is obviously made easier with the Iron Boots being equippable as an item, and also when you raise the water level on the block that hides the key, the camera lingers on that area and shows you very clearly that there is something underneath it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

greatn posted:

And Phantom Hourglass which stars the same Link has a Goron island with regular rear end Gorons.

The world of Phantom Hourglass might not have even been real though.