Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
lol more open world poo poo.

Just give me 6-8 dungeons and some cool items and stop wasting time on pants selection menus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Motto posted:

Complaining about Zelda of all things being openworld is bizarre; the series has been criticized for years for becoming more restrictive and linear in structure as it's worn on, culminating in Skyward Sword dropping all pretense of being a grand adventure and just plopping you down in three entirely separate fetchquest and minigame zones.

Uh yeah SS was really good

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Best possible zelder:

Start game, talk to a tree, get a sword.
Enter a dungeon where you get a fancy item and fight a boss
Exit dungeon and fall down a hole into another dungeon
Repeat 6-8 times

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm stuck in zelder. I did the first 4 shrines and need to meet old dude where they cross, but i can't find him. I went to the temple of time and upgraded my health but no old dude. Help!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

snoremac posted:

Climb the Temple of Time.

I forgot i can do that! Thanks!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Did you skip the cutscene or go to the bathroom? The old dude tells you to meet him on the roof after the cutscene where you get more health.

Yeah i was mashing the button. Silly there isn't a chatlog or whatever. I'm dumb.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just entered Vah Ruta. I am stoked for my first dungeon!

I had the big centaur guy down to 1/4 health before he spotted me and pushed my poo poo in so i had to sneak around during that segment. I'll be back, you bastard.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Slew a black lizalfos and he dropped an Eightfold Longblade. Thats right mofuckers i have a pow 33 hanzo steel

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I played this for about 5 hours in the truck today. Am making good progress! Car chargers work great, kept the system at 100% the whole way.

I have the dodge>flurry timing on the combat shrines nailed and they're now really easy for me. Just slammed my way through a Major.

Also got the Lynel timing down and killed him! That fucker!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Killed my first guardian! It was one of the ones stuck in the ground... I ended up paragliding on top of it and landing on the back of it's head and it couldn't figure out where I was attacking from. Huzzah!

I've also been thinking about the gameflow a bit... The game points you East towards Kakariko at the start and I feel like most people bumbled into Lanayru and Zora's Domain shortly afterwards. Did anyone trying saying 'gently caress it' to Kakariko and striking out west or north at the start of the game? How did that work out for you? I'd be curious to try it myself.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh hey a loving stealth mission in the goddamn forest fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm really, really hoping the dungeon DLC is like really long and in-depth. And has a unique Rune, like an old style dungeon item. It won't, but I want to believe.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

This is probably old news in the 2000 some pages of this thread, but I got to Eventide Island last night and found it was easily cheesed by dropping whatever weapons you want to use on the ground before setting foot on the island proper, then you can just pick them up to slaughter moblins and the Hinox. You just have to make sure that you drop them again before you insert the third orb because the game takes away everything you put in your inventory after setting foot on the island.

But that would be cheating! Real men just paraglide onto the hinox, steal the orb, and hightail it out of there.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I like that guardian weapons and TSTSTD can cut off guardian's legs :hellyeah:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Who even gives a poo poo about Zelda, gimme a game where we play as Mutoh

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just lol if your recipe isn't 4 heart foods + a meat. If you aren't rocking like +14 hearts at all times I don't know what to say to you.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

deadly_pudding posted:

I can't hear you over the sound of the 2 stacks of +Attack instructing me to Rip and Tear.

Yeah but my armor does that

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

There are far too many lightning storms. Seems they happen almost every night.

It depends entirely on the region. I haven't seen lightning in a while, but I had it happen a lot on the eastern side of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I defeated ganny. Fight could have been fun but I went in with 76 armor, +3 grades from food, and a Royal Guard Bow with 35 ancient arrows. RIP