Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I still can't get over Wolf Buddy Link. Or Bill blowing himself up, or Chico... being Chico.

I love feeling this hyped for a Zelda game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there a big list of everything revealed about the game so far?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nahxela posted:

Koroks are my friends.

Same.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm a little sad that the towns and NPCs (other than Old Man) were removed for the demos, but I can get behind preserving some secrecy.

I really can't get over how great this all looks. I'm really hoping that we get more info in the 9 months between now and the NX launch.

PS: My favorite Zelda game givin' me wolf DLC is just so good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Charlie Bobson posted:

will this game have long rear end dungeons

One of the game's unknown quantities at this point is what the regular dungeons are like.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My BotW wallpaper is going to be Link lying on the ground in flames thanks to Bill.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finally, a LoZ game I can play until death.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, I can't get mad that the NX version wont be even prettier.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Keiya posted:

Actually, that's a bit worrying. Not about Zelda itself, but it makes me wonder if NX is going to have zero backwards compatibility...

Well, there's a pretty good chance it wont. Kimishima stated the NX will not be a continuation of the Wii and Wii U, and there's strong evidence supporting the cartridge rumor.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope it's the Biggoron.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm so glad at all the creative decisions involved in this game. I'm also really glad Miyamoto had a role in it, small as it was.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does anyone have a good hi res shot of the Master Sword from BotW's trailer? I want a new phone wallpaper.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

I think he means when it's just in the mossy forest mimicking LTTP's art.

Yeah. Though thank you, Infinitum. I'm going to use one of those for work.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fourth one worked like a charm, thank you!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

Anyone else think the ancient technology in Breath of the Wild looks a lot like it was made by the Twili?

Very much so.

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damH5d8nkWE

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm torn between the voice being an AI Zelda or Impa.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

smell this posted:

It's not zelda.

You're right, it's probably Agitha, turned into an advanced AI called A.G.I.T.H.A., or Anti-Ganon Intelligence That... Has... AIDS?

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 16, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DrPaper posted:

I'd prefer if they made Samus a man in the next one instead.

With the same characterization from M: OM.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I saw a video where someone was hold up on a lookout tower, surrounded by bokoblins. They started foraging around in the grass and a nearby pond for rocks to throw at Link.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Are there really that many bad ones? I think most open world games are kinda fun.

I think Watch_Dogs squandered a lot of goodwill toward open world games by promising the moon, and then making GBS threads on our lawns.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is this the first zelda game where when you get low on hearts you aren't going to hear

BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP BEEP

Because I'd love for that to be one of the things the new devs got rid of.

There is a "one heart alert", but it is way more subdued.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I would absolutely recommend OoT 3DS. The game's still quite fun, and gains quite a bit in being a portable timewaster.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

Love this. Can't wait for first impressions of boss fights + towns.

I really hope BotW maintains the tradition of NPCs in Zelda games being weird as gently caress.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goons, are you going to get Breath of the Wild for Wii U or NX?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does anyone have a gif if Link launching a boulder with the stasis app and a sledgehammer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

smell this posted:

Should have hit rock while on rock

Oh my god.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to know more about that colossal Stalfos wandering around.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't wait to be jealous of the European/Japanese boxart.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hihohe posted:

How how many times must I watch this trailer before I am satisfied with what I've seen.

I went back and watched the 2014 trailer just to get a sense of how wrong my expectations were.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyway I just checked and since there was only one Zelda segment on Day 2 of the Treehouse stream, it was actually pretty easy to pinpoint the Talus fight.

Here you go, greatn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKgwyy2WTI&t=22800s

Holy crap, I hadn't seen the later part with the Guardian. That poor deer rider, trying to help you...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Holy poo poo it's Monster Hunter as well :psyduck:

There's so much to do in just the first zone :psyboom:

96 other shrines + dungeons + gigantic map :allbuttons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0b26GS8b9o

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think it's just a coincidence. I don't think that wacky U prototype is going to see the light of day.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Heh, I didn't even think about fishing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lemming posted:

Guess one way you can fish

Steal Hena's boat.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do you think you can tame elk to ride to? That would be pretty baller.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've been trying to figure out what's a good area between obligatory and useless for the Breath of the Wild amiibos.

For the Guardian, I think the simplest thing for it to do is summon a Gaurdian fight. Once per day, you could battle one for good loot drops.

The Rider Link amiibo could be how you bring Epona into the game. Normally you just try and tame any old horse, but with the amiibo, you get a chance to tame Link's legendary horsefriend.

The Archer Link amiibo gave me an idea that I'm really interested in. I like the idea that at any point during a game, you could scan it and save all your gear to it. When starting a new file, you have a prompt to scan an amiibo. Scan the Archer Link and you get all the gear you had saved. Start out with lots of toys right away.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 20, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

I want the Guardian Amiibo to summon a friendly Guardian who travels with me and I can ride it

This but it also had a dog bed for a hat for my wolf Link buddy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

It's too tall probably, but you could sequence break by just continually eating meat to refill the stamina gauge

There are stamina boosting mushrooms on the plateau itself. I bet with enough foraging you could cook up something that would let you make it down. Might take longer than just speeding through the trials, but drat if it's not a fun challenge to consider.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to jump off the southwest side and face unforgiving cold and trecherous mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think the game is showing us how most old style items will be acquired, trading spirit stones for them. Given the nature of the game, I wonder how many will be dedicated to making certain travel aspects easier. Heck, I wonder what those items will look like. Bows and Hammers are just found weapons now (though I hope there's still a legendary one you can get for helping Gorons) and bombs are part of your "spellbook". I think the hookshot is still a possibility, and it would be a rad way to assist climbing.