Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

There will be plenty of music in all my Breath of the Wild amvs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What is this?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

Nobody knows. It appeared as part of a giant 30 minute long backdrop on the Japanese website for the game.

Fascinating. Until proven wrong, I'm going to assume it is a baby Goron that got launched far from Death Mountain. You have to find it and raise it until you can return it to the Goron People.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Me irl.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Looks spooky as hell.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

For handhelds, do you think the new Zelda template will be 2D or 3D?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That'll depend on whatever the NX is, surely.

You'd have to assume the inevitable mobile game will play like the DS games.

I honestly think Mario and Zelda wont make it to mobile. I think Nintendo will want to keep their "prestige" as console titles. More RPG-esque titles are going to be up for grabs though. Next time we see an Advance Wars game, it will be on mobile.

By the way, if you do like the idea of Advance Wars on mobile, check out Lost Frontier. It's almost completely just Western Advance Wars On Your Phone.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BotW is a merger of all three timelines.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

whaley posted:

If you are invested in video game stories you need to see a therapist

Why though?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I feel like this game should already be able to win awards this year.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nice.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I'm playing OoT3D for the first time, and am I getting old or did they make Ingo way harder to race? That fucker cuts me off worse than any inner-city cab I've ever driven behind :argh:

Are you on Epona?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

C-Euro posted:

It's been a while since I've played OoT, but not that long!

(Yes I am)

Okay, hug the wall then, and make sure you get an early lead on Ingo before slowing down your carrot usage.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

coffeecup posted:

:laffo:

Willing to bet someone, somewhere, has succeeded on foot.

Backflip + bunny hood??

Bunny Hood doesn't do anything in OoT, sadly.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lemming posted:

I'm going to create a launch pad to outer space on Skull Lake

Please capture this footage.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mark Brown, the guy behind Game Maker's Toolkit, is doing a series on the dungeons of The Legend of Zelda games.

So far he's covered A Link to the Past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouO1R6vFDBo

And Link's Awakening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AezAN2RcO8Y

Up next is Ocarina.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, having never played Link's Awakening, I was genuinely surprised at how much it contributed to the template of later games.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wolf Link is on a 1-day cooldown.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Lost Woods is my biggest complaint in Twilight Princess. You set off for the Woods, and instead of it being this quiet, haunted moment, it's really annoying combat broken up by getting lost and backtracking. And then when you succeed, you have to do this really stupid puzzle.

I think if it had simply been this bit in the game where you follow lights and eerie music through the beautiful scenery to the ruins of the Temple of Time, it would have been a great moment. Instead, it's one of my least favorite parts of the game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's pretty much exactly how it'll be - they said it's possible to avoid seeing story bits if you want to. Or you can even just beeline for the final boss right off the bat.

I really like the idea of a Zelda game that lets put off the ending for as long as I want. When there's nothing left to do but go kill Ganon, the game gets far less interesting. I want to spend so much time in BotW just exploring, struggling with the environment, finding villages, etc. Hell, just wanding around stuffing my pockets with food items to experiment with sounds like a good time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Chasing notefish almost made me quit the game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there any new footage of BotW out of Gamescom?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, what do people expect from the inevitable smartphone Zelda game? It seems safe to presume it'll control similarly to the DS games but how are they going change the format to fit the platform? Are people really going to get excited for a piecemeal, service-style Zelda game that's all dungeons or whatever?

I don't think there's going to be a Zelda mobile game for quite awhile, but if it were to come out now? Some kind of dungeon solver similar to Lara Croft Go.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmOVS-qLG6o

Boss Keys for Majora's Mask is up.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mikojan posted:

any confirmation about where the game lies on *THE TIMELINE* ?

*gets out notes*
Based on observable evidence from E3 and elsewhere, I have come to the conclusion that Breath of the Wild does in fact take place after a convergence of the three timelines.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is the eShop Skyward Swords going to have all the really annoying pick up prompts?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Both Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker give you an unskippable cutscene of Ganondorf just thoroughly loving up those two respective Links in the midgame (Wind Waker does it twice!) to inspire a certain level of dread of Ganondorf/desire for revenge in the player. Twilight Princess doesn't even have him on camera except in flashbacks until the final boss fight. This Link had literally never even met Ganondorf until the very end of his story. Hell, he only met Zelda twice for about a combined 10 minutes or so.

This is one of Twilight Princess' flaws, the inclusion of Ganon and Zelda. Both really have no place in the story, and I honestly would have preferred that it be about a Link getting drawn into some alien internecine shenanigans. It would have been a good chance to explore the concepts of all the Links who born, live their lives, and die without ever knowing about their lineage's destiny.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"You're dancing with Chico now, fuckmasters"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BotW is going to be amazing and I need those amiibos.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really think BotW is going to continue with ALBW's system of item purchase, but instead of rupees, those soul orbs are going to be the currency.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My current guess is that repair comes into the game at some point, followed by permience. Like, Douglo the Blacksmith will repair your bow, or improve its durability, but you'll eventually come across (or build!) that completely badass techbow from the promo art and wont have to worry about bows breaking ever again.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

coffeecup posted:

Okay I'll be on board as long as Douglo has some weird eye or haircut and goes on strange tangents about his life outside work.

He'll confide in you that he's secretly worried his son is more handsome than he is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGOR...-global&lang=en

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-ROOT/figma/figma-Zelda--Twilight-Princess-ver-/p/GSC_FIG_WD_00318?site=goodsmile-global&lang=en

Figma Link and Zelda from Twilight Princess.

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-ROOT/Scale-Figure/Takao--Heavy-Armament-Ver-/p/MAX_WHS_WD_00008?site=goodsmile-global&lang=en
Unrelated Tittygun Robot.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

That's correct! There are two timelines.

Well, actually, that's incorrect. There are three timelines. In the third, you never beat the game. That is the explanation for the NES and SNES games.

Zelda sent Link back because she thought it was sad he didn't have a childhood.

It'll all get sorted out when the timelines converge in Breath of the Wild.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

What timeline is Hyrule Warriors on?

If the timelines are three adjacent subway tunnels, Hyrule Warriors takes place inside the maintenance rooms that connect them.

greatn posted:

And to the guy asking all the questions, that thing about the timelines converging is just a theory since that game isn't out yet of course.

Yup, I'm just being dumb and theory smug.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Like Warriors Orochi, something gathered them all together from across timelines?

Yes, with that something being a lady who got such a boner for Link that she split into two people and then started wrecking poo poo to get to him. I forget Cia's exact plan.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jsor posted:

I can only remember the Hurl Warriors version of the story at this point. I think the actual one is something like, Cia watches Link through time and space and has a crush on him, but knows that in the end he'd never choose her over Zelda. Ganon makes her a devil's bargain which splits her evil and good halves. The evil half goes insane and invades all the timelines because that will help for some poorly thought out reason, while the good half works to stop her. I'm not entirely sure they ever really articulated how she expected this to get her a Link boyfriend.

If there are any ladies hanging out beyond Time & Space watching me, don't start an interdimensional war. I like pizza and video games. Also set your sights a little higher.

As for Hurl Warriors, Setz is great. I'm gonna swap my av for one of her (his?) True Midna drawings some day.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Eh, Mark said he liked Wind Waker, but found the dungeons to be one of the weaker aspects of the game. I don't disagree.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's so drat pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ah, so ours is the timeline Breath of the Wild takes place in.