Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The timeline is cool, I'm glad I bought teh hyrule hystioria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1466012052339.webm

Bouncing ball of burning death

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

And skyward sword shows that the ancestors of the gorons are just... gorons

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

There's gorons in spirit tracks too

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I thought it was generally agreed the Switch would be out in March? Or was that just guesswork due to the BotW release date?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hmm but Zelda isn't in that image

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I can only hope that you can switch between Link and Zelda at the press of the button and that they call out each others names like in Portrait of Ruin

Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link! Zelda! Link!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ALttP is insanely epic, my favorite zelda game. I play it every few years and it has definitely aged great.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

After listening to all the languages the trailer is in, I have decided that Latin Spanish is the best one and I wish I could play that one

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YVjEpR7jg

but that video doesn't have the latin version, just Spain spanish at the end. Spain spanish would drive me insane with how they say some words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRto9v9dXno

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 14, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

The hell is Latin Spanish?

Spanish where they don't say "cien" as "thien"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mahoning posted:

You can! Again, the Switch has no region locking.

It'd be more effort than I'd be willing to put, I guess

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Augus posted:

I mean, full voice acting kinda ruined Fallout 4 forever

Fallout always had full voice acting, what ruined it was giving the player character one as well. I don't think that will be a problem with Link

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

What ruined Fallout was

*granny voice* Yes you just need to go over to that village over there. *normal woman voice* They should know about the dragon *deep man voice* Good luck on your travels.

But The Master was cool

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What's the special edition cover? I like the regular cover anyway because it matches my Hyrule Historia

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

How many Zelda games have you 100% beaten ("New Game Pluses" do not count: you can say 200% if you've beaten a game and its New Game Plus and collected everything each time)?

I've 100% beaten A Link Between Worlds. That's it.

I just beat Snowpeak Ruin (Twilight Princess - Wii) and realized I'll never 100% most Zelda games. I'm not collecting all these drat Poes or bugs.

As for every other Zelda I've played and beaten, I never, ever get all the heart pieces or upgrades. Except ALBW.

Just LttP and LBW. I guess I have better affinity for its tightly packed 2d world

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

so for some hosed up reason I was allowed to preorder every single copy of breath of the wild at my local ebgames.

I think I'm going to scalp them. I mean, why the hell did they let me do that? How much should I ask? It's 200 dollars in canadabucks. I'm thinking 300. Not too lovely of a markup, not like the 80$ shulks and rosalinas I offloaded years ago. I'm also thinking of just selling them at normal market value to my friends. But I like money. What do?

You will not sell a single copy, friend

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Fedule posted:

Not for nothing; where are these WiiU screenshots coming from? Are we looking at comparable builds or are we comparing footage from the E3 demo in June with footage from the Switch from last week?

Amazon japan

Switch: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01MZBJ3N0/tamao567-22
Wii U: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N5R0KZY/tamao567-22

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2017/01/30/nendoroid-link-breath-of-the-wild-ver-dx-edition-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

If Nintendo actually goes third party they'll just make bad but extremely profitable mobile games for the rest of time. Enjoy your fantasies

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

PerrineClostermann posted:

I'm a bad person and want a copy of that Game Informer issue. Is that magazine even sold in stores?

Gamestop is partnered with them so you can probably find them there

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Amazon has the Nenedoroid Deluxe for preorder.

Technically it would be cheaper after currency conversion and depending which shipping option you end up picking if you buy from amiami

Shilling over

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of spoilers, here's today's game informer dump. Subject: dungeons

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/10/everything-we-know-about-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-dungeons.aspx

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

For the morbidly curious: fine whatever im a nice boy ill remove it click at own risk etc

Content wise it's a number of swords, shields, costumes and horse gear. I'd say pretty late game for some stuff but I couldn't say for sure.

And THOSE costumes are more likely unlockable Easter eggs than anything else

Wew

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 22, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Anyone got a picture of the hyrule historia next to arts and artifacts?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

You want the covers next to each other or see the difference in thickness? They're the same height and width.

Yeah I wanted to see the dimensions

Cojawfee posted:

Here it is next to all my prized possessions.

Woah it's thick

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm going to look for green clothes as soon as possible

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Eponas 1-5

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Polygon isn't the only outlet that said it's hard so it's not really some unbelievable claim

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I want to see the review someone hook me up

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

:cheerdoge:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Final boss gameplay speculation based on a couple sentences from that review:

the review mentions that the big guardians aim a laser sight at the the castle after you beat their dungeon, so I'm guessing the final area/boss will be much harder the earlier you go, even going past the fact that you have less powerful gear, without their help

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/rOG6uvw.gifv

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dehry posted:

Aaaand I saw the main story spoiler.

I'm breaking this link. It's 5 minutes long and pretty much explains everything.

drive(DOT)google(DOT)com/file/d/0B_-lRU_g7aGGV1V0c0JjU2JGb3c/view

It's out there and will spread fast now. Not my file so will probably go down at some point.

Yup, it went down

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

MokBa posted:

If any of y'all spoil this poo poo in the thread I'm gonna come to your house and smash your Switch in front of your crying wife.

You wouldn't smash a switch in front of my wife, Princess Zelda

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Its a cutscene that I've been told happens before you even get off the plateau

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Twink Link

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

In my heart of hearts Link has always been a girl

He's a cute boy and I'm ok with that

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

He's a girl (male)

Now there's a meme I never expected to see here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I just want to know, and it's such an obvious thing that there is but I still want to know and this is the last thing I'll want spoiled about the game until I physically get there:
It's a question about an item
Is there a green/hero tunic and if so, does it look very different from previous tunics?

Literally every previous Link's tunic is in the game. Adult, dark, WW, classic, skyward sword, TP, even great deity