Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
New Zelda's pretty cute fam

Also her design reminds me of the older Zelda designs for some reason. This whole game feels like it's echoing the first three Zelda games or so, and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MokBa posted:

One things I give these games huge props for is how much they never seem to sexualize Zelda. Giving her huge breasts and ample cleavage in Hyrule Warriors really bothered me.

That's just Koei Tecmo

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Full voice acting is just another thing to get wrong, and is most commonly found in games that have clunky animations, laughable realism, and take themselves too seriously given how bad the former qualities are.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

That's a really silly argument, especially because realism is not the be-all-end-all goal of a video game and "they shouldn't do something because they might get it wrong" would apply to literally everything in games.

It's not an argument, it's an observation. That's where the stigma comes from. Bioware and Bethesda games havea certain reputation

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There are games made by other companies that have had perfectly fine voice acting since the 90's. You're the only one with a grudge against it on-principle.

But I don't? Are you conflating me with someone else here? Or do you routinely attack people for arguments they didn't make?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

are we sure the bird people are Rito?

Fokka

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MokBa posted:

Second quest should let you play as Zelda. I'm just getting way too teased by her outfit that is nearly identical to Link's.

But you already do?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

not even the starter gear

you can run out in nothing but your shorts

Dark Souls Naked Run, here I come

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Naked runs confirmed for Zelda

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

a.lo posted:

apparently the master edition of breath of the wild is gonna be switch exclusive i might end up dropping the like $300 on the switch and the extra like $150 on th master edition

Good luck finding it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I love that this is in the suggestions

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/hsjh/

Who's going to wear this anywhere but to a con as a low-effort cosplay?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Truly an example of subtle video game clothing to show off your passion to other fans.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

"Congratulations, Hero of Time. I will now grant you one wish."

"I wish Zelda had really huge tits."

The Legend of Zelda: Breast of the Wild

10/10 i cryfap every time

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DalaranJ posted:

It's too dangerous to do two different types of activities at once. Please only do this with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a bad person and want a copy of that Game Informer issue. Is that magazine even sold in stores?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

Good luck buying one, the gamestop person is going to force you to subscribe.

Do they not have copies on the rack?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

Twilight Princess was proof that trying to go in the direction that a bunch of raving nerds on the internet insisted was a bad idea. Good game, fun as hell for some parts, but holy poo poo was it not a "great" game. I'm replaying Skyward Sword after replaying TP years after the fact and SS, despite the wonky controls and other issues is just a more fun game. It could've been an amazing WiiU launch title and system seller if Nintendo wasn't desperate to put out a "true" Wii Zelda game.

Flip side. I had a worse time with Skyward Sword.

That said I never bothered to get through Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess, they never really hooked me.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phimosissy posted:

Gotta have room to carry your Switch

Are you saying he has a big switch?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is just the "x is in a coma" theory that's applied to everything these days, right?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The green tunic is 2nd Quest only.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Escobarbarian posted:

The one thing I'm still not sold on with this game is the ultra-desaturated colour scheme that makes everything look like it has the mildest layer of mist over it. Partly because I can't shake this idea that it's something to do with hardware limitations and it being such a big game.

That's the Wii u version

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Keiya posted:

Evil clone?

Thinks he's a Jedi

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If it's taking until Holiday for the "actual" content to be released, that seems to indicate that they didn't just chop up stuff they were already working on/finished and sell it to you separately. In other words, it sounds like they're shipping a full game, and then afterward generating original content for it, the right way to do DLC.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
...Remember that DLC and the willingness of the general gaming public to purchase it blindly has led to less content/less complete games being sold at launch, with the promise of DLC to finish/pad out the skeleton after launch, if you buy it.

I rode the Destiny and Division train, and...it wasn't that fun.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

There's a key difference there, tho: those games are bad. Good games are good.

Smash, MK8, Splatoon, Super Luigi U, etc. have shown that Nintendo is good with their DLC and making sure you get a full game before having to pay any extra, by that hand i'm optimistic for the BotW dlc. I'll probably wait until the hard mode stuff is shown off before buying, or potentially wait until the extra story/dungeon is out, since extra items for the early game doesn't appeal to me.

Yeah, but Zelda isn't out yet. I'm expecting it to be good and have it preordered, but that doesn't mean it will be. We both agree on the connotation of DLC in general throughout the industry, and thus understand the reaction, yes?

e: Announcing DLC before a game is launched is almost always interpreted poorly as well.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

if you're not a giant sperg, they pretty much implied that.

You should take some time and learn about the concepts of "tone" and "connotation," which were quite different between the announcement and that person's post.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SirPenguin posted:

Yeah, the handling of the announcement is definitely what sent me from mildly annoyed to being internet angry.

There's no mental model for any of this. I cannot think of a single dungeon in any previous Zelda game that I would have paid even $10 for, let alone $20, and I've never once heard of paying for a difficulty option, especially not a couple months after release

I'm willing to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt because MK8 DLC was fantastic, and maybe once I play the game it'll all make sense, but they didn't even try to justify it. I'm dropping $400 to play a game that's been delayed 2 years, and 2 weeks before I get it they're asking for more money without explaining what i'll get for it

Hopefully no matter how you feel about DLC you can agree that this is a bad look

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Hell I know time stopped and nothing had more importance in the universe whenever anything Nintendo related popped up on TV when I was a kid so I can't imagine kids having free unlimited unbridled access to it wouldn't take advantage of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUiWD3Ob9Po
This intro signaled the most important moment of my week every other week growing up

That looks like Doom

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People complaining about people complaining about DLC are literally the worst.

Except people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about DLC.

It's me. I'm the bad.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've opened a paypal account where white people can help offset their privilege by sending me money so I can buy The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC on Day One.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

If I had access to them I'd post big untagged spoilers itt just to get people to shut the gently caress up about dlc

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I dislike lovely dlc practices in general, regardless of game :shrug:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

You literally have an avatar from a $60 game that makes you roll RNG to get cosmetic unlocks designed to sell micro-transactions.

(So do I!)

Playing Gachapon for cosmetics is not a lovely DLC practice.

And I haven't played Overwatch in ages, bastards need to support my monitor correctly :argh:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Escobarbarian posted:

At this point I'm totally baffled about what the complaints over Zelda DLC even ARE

There are many more complaints about people complaining than there are complaints about the DLC.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Dave posted:

I would pay $20 DLC to ban everyone still talking about DLC in this thread.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Loot boxes add an extra layer of abstraction to cosmetic content that only exists to force the player to either invest absurd amounts of time into content or pay money to have not an assured unlock of the content but a chance to get the content. And even that might be forgivable except for things like Overwatch content is time gated as well, which means that players can't merely just unlock content over time but rather they have to unlock it during a limited window or lose access to it. (For a year or possibly longer, depending on how things go.)

Cosmetic content is not consumable content, nor does it leverage an advantage over others. It's not a core gameplay element, it doesn't alter the nature or functionality of the gameplay. It's completely ethereal.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

So? That doesn't make their method of selling it any less predatory. Something doesn't have to be essential content for it still to be a lovely way for it to be distributed.

I mean I like Overwatch a lot (obviously <-) but that doesn't mean I ain't gonna criticize it on a lovely way of handling cosmetics.

I don't see how something that has no effect on the product can be predatory.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I see. We've a thread full of people fine with DLC T-Shirts but unlockable waifu constumes are too far.

I just don't get it anymore.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
ordered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Does the super deluxe version contain concept art or something? Or is it just a nicer cover? What's the difference?

It's both super and deluxe, of course.

Real answer, this apparently:
DELUXE EDITION BONUS: Deluxe format of 11 ” x 15”, premium vintage hardcover, exclusive dedicated 16-page retrospective celebrating thirty years of Zelda games, a 16-page dedicated art section, and two ribbon bookmarks.