Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RCarr posted:

Your choices are:

A) Pay an inflated price for a Switch on Ebay

B) Wait until they are in stock

Enjoy!

there are still plenty of the grey consoles left in the uk, shopto even has the master edition of zelda going. not that it helps any if you're not in the uk but still. reminds me of the n64 days, wonder if this means my zelda order will get canned the night before and i'll have to spend the whole of friday searching for a copy only to then have the store i originally pre-order from phone me up and be like "hey, got some, you want some? come get some!" like i did OoT. those were some loving rollercoaster days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Augus posted:

Dammit Nintendo pick a layout and stick with it!

still think they should have just kept the gamecube pads forever. maybe added another z button and a start select. still feels great to hold.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

er just listened to the hyrule castle theme and holy poo poo they did it, they really did it. dude has another track on his page but it's apparently a huge spoiler? decided not to listen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Danger posted:

Welp, looks like all items, enemies, and bosses have leaked plus all cutscenes. Including ending boss cutscene which is currently on reddit. Batten those hatches, boys.

lol. they shoulda just canceled the wiiu version.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hey zelda thread, should try to finish skyward sword by friday? i've had it for years and only recently ripped the disc (late last year) started playing through it on dolphin with a real wiimote. i am up to the desert mines area which i believe, going by zelda tradition, is like super early and just before i get the master sword? or this is another wind waker situation where there's only like 2 dungeons left?

thing is i keep getting really annoyed by the constant hand holding that really brings the games pace to a crawl. and how annoying it is to fight correctly.

should i persist? yay/nay

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Have you done the Ancient Cistern dungeon?
Because that is the best Zelda dungeon so far, once you're done with that, you're free to go

not sure, can't remember names, did one dungeon where you fight that camp guy and i just did a lava zone.

Evil Eagle posted:

you have like 5 dungeons left at least

huh, well. might just plough through and see how far i get before my switch turns up. might be able to do it considering how short that lava dungeon was.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

im hearing wiiu has lots of framerate drops when poo poo hits the fan and weather and the switch version only has a few weird framedrops in the starting area.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

sigmachiev posted:

Yeah, that's good to get some contrarian views.

https://twitter.com/boulapoire/status/836339548175142914

translated thread-

"I just made the Breath of the Wild prologue on Wii U. Unfortunately, it's an amazing ad for the (version) Switch.

Aliasing pronounced, image less clear, serious slowdowns / jerks ... And nothing on the GamePad when you play on TV or vice versa.

There are sometimes hiccups of display during cutscenes or exits of inventory. Physical power + camera rotation = framerate death.

Last trick that comes probably as much from the console as from the game: a loading time of 5 seconds minimum at the return of the Home menu ...

Accuracy: The data / update installment promised for the disk version is done. There may be a patch day one planned but in the meantime ...

Precision # 2: The start zone hurts framerate on Switch, but not at this point. As soon as we leave the set, it's fine."

edit: better translation:

Strictly talking about the tutorial area :
Strong aliasing
Worse sharpness
Serious framerate drops
Visual issues with cutscenes and when getting out of the inventory
Too many actions (using a power+rotating the camera = "framerate death")
5 sec loading time when you get back to the Home menu
He installed every patch available
The plateau on Switch is bad framerate related and it gets better after, but in the plateau it's nowhere near what the Wii U version is

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 28, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

sounds like it, i'm sure they'll be some gameplay videos out soon with the leak and all.

then again, the menu plays on CEMU at full speed apparently so i'm expecting 4k/60fps poo poo in a few weeks time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

spasticColon posted:

Well I already have a refurbished Wii U on the way so I'll just have deal with a broken game until they release a patch if they release one. This is why I have such a love/hate relationship with Nintendo. They can make fantastic games but their console hardware is poo poo.

gameplay vid of the wiiu version, first 15 mins, no spoilers if you've seen the e3 footage. seems okayish? i can see some drops but yeah maybe that day 1 patch will fix it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsn2MdHOr8

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

word of warning, people who are pirating the game early are setting up dedicated youtube channels with spoilers in the channels name, user names, description of videos, titles and thumbnails and its popping up on recommended lists for some people. kinda impressed at the effort but maybe avoid youtube for awhile.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Because there will be people walking in on the day of release asking about getting a Switch. This way nerds can go on forums and say "See? Told you I could just walk in."

i think alot of people were expecting the nes mini fiasco all over again.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

decided to say gently caress it to skyward sword and i am now watching this and i feel i am somehow getting a better experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysDubpZl940

thank you youtube. thank you. groose is even better, believe it or not.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

RCarr posted:

Has anyone actually been charged for their pre-order yet? I figured I would have by now.

yep yesterday from shopto in uk, both game and switch. i got an email saying my tracking code would not go live until tomorrow so i guess im not getting them a day early like i had hoped.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

if we get a zelda maker i hope that means we get a metroid maker too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hahah those pre-breath of the wild concept ideas can't be loving real. can they? what in the hell.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kashuno posted:

You'd need metroid games for a metroid maker

switch is gonna get metroid 5. i believe.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Loopoo posted:

Anyone know where I can buy a copy of the regular BotW? Everywhere I'm looking (Game, Argos, Amazon) are sold out of the regular copies and only have the Limited Edition in stock. I was hoping to grab the game so I could play it on release, but I straight up can't find anything other than Limited Edition and Download codes (gently caress that, same price as the physical game without the physical stuff that I prefer having).

mentioning game and argos, i'm assuming you are uk, there are a few still left at places like VERY and base.com. shopto is sold out cept for the limited edition. most places are running out. Tesco Direct have some and i would guess asda might have it come midnight tomorrow.

you might wanna keep checking the shopto page tho if the others don't get it, that was sold out over the weekend but then came back into stock and managed to snag a copy to go with my switch.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 2, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

FooF posted:

Perhaps my memory is short/foggy but has any system at launch been as dependent on a single game as Switch/BotW?

The other piece of this is the game's own hype. The E3 demo got people interested in it in a way that is rare these days. Perhaps it is simply scratching the right itch at the right time for the gaming industry.

mario 64, wii sports. mario world? can't remember much of the snes line up. didnt the cube just have luigis mansion or something? then again i think it had a bunch of other poo poo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ComposerGuy posted:

I think Wii Sports sold the Wii, to be honest.

totally did. i think maybe they should have bundled 1 2 switch with all consoles this time.

edit: holy poo poo, decided to go pick 1 2 switch up too since its discounted and even that's sold out.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 2, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

my order is fully dispatched and i just paid 10 goddamn quid for delivery of switch and zelda between 8.30 to 10.30 tomorrow loving morning. holy poo poo this must be some kind of illness.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

axeil posted:

BOTW is currently the #2 ranked game on metacritic after OOT.

:stare:

oh my god oh my god oh my gaaaaaaaaaaawd.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

been playing on tv mode all day and then i switched! and i did one of the shrines on the toilet and i now agree switch is good console with a very good game. whats the likely hood of waterproofing the joycons do you think, because if i can play this while showering every morning we have truly entered the next generation.

wish that pro controller was cheaper tho, i keep hitting zl/zr instead of l/r with the grip :|

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Team_q posted:

How do I cook poo poo that isn't throwing things into a fire, or lighting poo poo like barrels with objects inside, on fire?

I've found the pots, and started the fire under them.

you go into your inventory and pick "hold" for each item you want to cook, up to 5 pieces then walk to the pot and you get a option to throw them all in.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Side quests are done! Now farming dragon scales to upgrade my favourite armor. Got two from Farosh, does - holy poo poo I just realised their names are based on the 3 goddesses who created Hyrule - does the ice one take the same route it did for the shrine quest where you shoot the stuff off its back? And where's a good place to wait for Dinraal?

The ice one i noticed flies down through the canyon ruins during the day after curing it. The one near the entrance to the snowfiled where one of the memories is.

Are they part of something or just world flavour stuff? I ask because i havent done any of the dungeons yet and i was trying to do that 3 cedars shrine quest, and through the blizzard i saw a glowing thing and paraglided over and lol ended doing that entire thing. Felt like i had skipped ahead in something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Is getting a house worth it? Can i store poo poo? I currently have a few quest swords taking up my inventory and a few are almost broke and i was expecting to be able to repair this poo poo soon but now i dont know.

I have only explored part of hyrule field, kakarikos areas, hateno(or whatever its called) its beach, islands and mountian areas and just heading into zoras domain. I have 6 hearts.The parental app claims i have been playing for 64 loving hours. This is going to be one of those goddamn 400 hour things again. I aint gonna see the credits until christmas am i.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Pain of Mind posted:

This is the first Zelda I have really played since the Nintendo and SNES ones. I just got off the plateau and was told to head to a town. Is there anything important you get during the main quest progression that it is worth doing relatively early before going completely off course exploring? I am drifting pretty far away from the quest marker.

You should at least follow it until you get your slate fixed for that missing rune like the next vilage after kakariko, then the game turns into pokemon snap - hyrule safari and then just go nuts.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

WanderingKid posted:

The one that completely stumped me were the dueling peaks shrines. It just never occurred to me the solution could be in another shrine, leading me to spend half an hour staring at the constellations on the walls trying to find some sort of pattern. Then I started just doing random combinations. Then I calculated the number of possible combinations in total. Even when I found the other shrine, the penny didn't drop and when I caved and looked it up on google I forgot the first shrine solution after I overwrote the sequence with the solution to the other shrine. So I had to google the second solution too.

This game has taught me that:

1) I have terrible spatial awareness.
2) I can't think outside the shrine box.
3) I have terrible memory and forget things I was doing 3 minutes ago.
4) I am bad at videogames.
5) I would be bad at being employed by Google or Microsoft.

Edit:

6) apparently I can't read either.

that shrine is awesome. soon as i read the sign i took a screenshot and went to the other one, took a screenshot and then kept bringing up the menu. hilarious thing was that i used the actual in-game camera because at that point i had forgotten we have a screenshot button now due me not having a brain.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Phantasium posted:

I feel like I ruined Typhlo Ruins because if you nock a fire arrow it acts like a giant flashlight and you can keep it like that without ever using it so I just walked right up to the ruins and climbed into them.

haha now i feel real dumb. first time i entered from the south by cryo'ing the mud and backed up after getting lost, i figured it out the 2nd time by entering from the east bridge, which is where i think you are meant to enter and i noticed right away the statues where facing a weird way and i followed them all to the shrine. i might go back in and do your method because im sure theres some extra hidden poo poo around there.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

So uh, i've started seeing white bokokins around, even in areas i've been too before and they are quite tough, is this tied to some progression? Am i gonna see more of this poo poo with other enemies? I'm basically half way through the game, half the map unlocked, half the shrines, half the beasts, a certain weapon. 300 seeds nearly i think, 120 hours. :/

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hah, waltzed into forgotten temple and proceeded to slaughter every single loving thing in there with powered up master sword

This might be the game telling to beat it already.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQFC6DyzZUI

presented without comment. 'cept for this comment.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Holy poo poo holy poo poo, I'm way behind on this thread but I had to share this! I found some Bokoblins hunting rhinos bear-back. Yes, B-E-A-R!

HOLY poo poo this game.

Haha, i was in that region last night and i could have swore i saw this from afar but i just shook my head and kept shrine hunting.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

poo poo, i think im nearing the end. :| my time is currently 185 hours, i have 4 shrines left and i know which ones they are too that loving one with the gerudo is laying on the control, havent found out how to make the drink yet and i havent found out how to get the ball from impa either and im not sure where the other two are 350+ seeds, finished the last beast last night, nabooris i got all the monster outfits including dark link i dont want it to end.

how many quests are there? i remember hearing pre-release about 75? i think i have about 7 i need to find with 5 left i still need to finish

im only heading into hyrule castle when i got all shrines and quests finished. i dunno if i will bother with maxing out outfits i have all fairies unlocked or getting all the korok seeds, then again what else am i gonna do till the dlc hits.

speaking of, i apparently maxed out my bow menu but there is still one slot left? am i missing an arrow somehow in all this time? or is this reserved for some kind of light arrows during the last boss, as per tradition? don't tell me, i'm probably right.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If you haven't touched the castle at all, there's a shrine in there. If you have 39/42 shrine quests I bet I know what the other one is too.

not sure re: the bow, the amiibo twilight bow uses "light arrows" but they don't take up an ammo slot in the inventory so :iiam:

hmm i do have 39/42 quests, judging by the map and my own markers there are few blank areas i'm gonna check out. i got the castle one, went in there early for that cooking and armour quest but didn't stick around long

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

I mean, I know where to go for the dragons. I usually go to Lake Hylia at midnight for Farosh, one of the stables with a bridge near it for Dinraal, and I forget for Naydra. The issue is Farosh wasn't spawning at his usual spot and I was wondering if there was something I needed to do in the game to trigger him to appear there since I started a new file.

i think you need to talk to impa and get the champions tunic before any of them start showing up.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

poo poo, i just beat ganon. i had heard the last fight is super easy when you are maxed out so i went in with the un-upgraded *of the wild set complete with the hylian shield and master sword. it was loving awesome. spend the whole day inside that loving castle.

200 hours, 55.33% complete. gently caress yeah. guess i spend my time upgrading armour sets and getting these korok seeds until the dlc hits. work hosed up my payslip so its not like i can play mario kart until next month. :|

also, i wonder if i missed something or if ts cut content/dlc because in the trailer there is that bit where all the guardians wreck a town, assuming it's hyrule castle town too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Going up to Ganon without really preparing was pretty fun, it was a pain getting to him when my last shield broke and I couldn't parry lasers back at the Guardians anymore though

Wait, what? You can parry the lasers? :stare:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

my god. i've just been gyro aiming them straight in the eye then breaking weapons on them the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSocj36sxM0

oh ok