Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Girl mashed through it but you have dialogue options for Link now, something he said was "that wasn't part of the deal!" to the old man/ww king hyrule/ganondorf, so that's interesting. Coming up next Aonuma explores outside the plateau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Link ragdolling when he gets damage is the best. :allears: this shrine's pretty dope, glad there's some real-rear end puzzles going on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The Shiekah Slate seems pretty integrated with the gamepad. Makes me wonder about NX control options.

Also please stop quoting that GIANT loving GIF my computer can't handle it.

Not sure what the source was, but I think I saw a tweet saying that Aonuma confirmed you can play BoW with the Wii U Pro Controller, so that's something.

I wonder what happens to Dog Link when you jump from somewhere and glide. I hope he gets a little doggie glider.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So. NWPlayer, hacker that is best known for datamining Splatoon and uncovering and making videos of weapons before they came out, basically is helping out a guy leak out the E3 demo. This guy just shoved an SD card into a Wii U at E3, copy/pasted the 16gig demo and now they're working together to get it out there, apparently it'll be out tomorrow and you'll need a modded Wii U for that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jsor posted:

Okay, fixed it, batch conversion messed up the file order. I took a few minutes to screencap the conversations with the old man they skipped past. Nothing too interesting:

Thanks, i'm loving the dialogue in this game. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

quiggy posted:

Serious question: are there any proper dungeons in the game or just those like 5-10 minute shrines they showed in the gameplay demos?

There's proper dungeons, towns and NPCs but they weren't shown for story reasons.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You know what would be some scary stuff? Randomly pulling out the Shiekablet to set up a pin and see that you're connecting to a wi-fi network.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jsor posted:

In the intro, Link's clothes are described as being a little small, as if he's grown a little. Not surprising given he's been out for 100 years (though you think he'd not grow at all, but whatever). The voice also mentions that Hyrule needs him to be its light again. This could be a reference to The Hero in general, but it makes me seriously wonder if this is a former child Link who has already saved Hyrule grown up. I'd guess WW or ST's because of Koroks, where this is Hyrule with the great sea finally drained.

E: Alternatively, it could be an AoL sequel, given the general "Zelda One-ness" of the design, Link looking sort of like ALTTP Link, and the barrenness of Hyrule. We don't really know what that timeline would look like in 3D, and Koroks could just be for fun.

It'd be so cool if you found the Wind Waker hero tunic and just wore the ill-fitting outfit in the final confrontation

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Patter Song posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is apparently 154 square miles, so if this is 140 square miles this will only be the 2nd largest Nintendo world.

It would be 12x the size of Twilight Princess' world, for scale.

Something I forget when accounting for XCX's territory: does the sea count? since the sea is part of the map in that you can travel in it and see yourself in the map when zoomed all the way out.

If it counts then, well. The sea is a pretty huge part, I wanna say about a fourth of the total territory with some mini islands here and there, but mostly just a place that is there but you would mostly ignore it, so it inflates the size of the map a bit unfairly, which would mean that the actual map on BoW is even bigger than the land in XCX.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

What happened with the first attempt?

It takes a pretty long time to copy 16GB on Wii U but I guess it could be done since they're giving everyone 40 min at demo stations.

He's being turned into an NX

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

Anybody at all? Again sorry for asking this here but the official Wii U thread is closed.

I think you can go to the shop, 'try' to buy something and get your card's password wrong a few times and it'll delete the card info.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of wind controlling ability if not the wind waker itself, since you have that glider and wind seems to affect it heavily.

My personal theory is this is either old Hyrule after the ocean dried up, or if Ganon had gotten his wish at the end of wind waker.

Personally I'm thinking it simply takes place sometime after Spirit Tracks, the world kept evolving with its tech until we got these magic iORunes tablet, Demise's spirit resurrected into what is called Calamity Ganon and the world lost all the technological upgrades. Maybe the world is so vertical due to seismic activity messing up the land due to magic bs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm thinking of getting a PS4 around March next year so I'd probably get the Wii U version and then wait a year on the NX when its line-up becomes more robust. That said if it turns out the NX version has no pop-ins and runs a rocksolid 1080p60 then I might just get the NX instead.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

glassyalabolas posted:

I'm down for a Zelda themed NX on day one.

Okay, hold up, now this would get me to buy an NX day one no question. Light blue NX with the Sheikah symbol on it.

God, all this NX talk is getting me extra hype for the reveal because it can happen at any point between now and March. One day we'll just see a tweet saying that the next day there'll be a Nintendo Direct about the NX or "the future of Nintendo" and we'll see the machine, tons of people won't even know and will just suddenly find out that the NX info dropped all of the sudden.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 17, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

Perfect timing

:stare: yesssssssss

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The amiibo will be fine but the amiibo functionality in the new game uses data from TPHD to buff the wolf, so if you don't also use the amiibo with TPHD then your wolf will be capped at three hearts.

I'm so ready to run around with my dog grandpa from another timeline who's five times as durable as me. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm cool with dropping dual screens from now on, DS, 3DS and Wii U did plenty with it but ultimately I feel like the benefit's not worth the cost at this point, just give me a Wii U Pro Controller with gyro.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I wanna find out what's up with that thing that climbs the volcano so bad

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lemming posted:

Yeah so it's nice that Nintendo showed a lot of people actually playing the game instead of just lovely trailers so we can get a sense of what the game is actually like

Now I'm just picturing it as an Ubisoft game and it has co-op and some actors are reading off a script to demonstrate the intended experience.

"Got some Bokoblins to our northwest"
"Targeting their sniper"
"My Axe is B.D., i'll throw it to the chief to set up your combo"
"Cover firerod set and ready"
"They spotted us, go go go!"

Camera pans away when the axe misses

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Goons, are you going to get Breath of the Wild for Wii U or NX?

Most likely Wii U but currently I feel like I can be very easily dissuaded into getting it and an NX at launch instead.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

It occurred to me that it will be interesting to see how Nintendo makes an open world game like that work without a real progression system. Every other similar game has you gaining XP (of a sort at least) over the game that you can put into increasing you health and other attributes. Presumably this game still uses heart containers to increase health (although we haven't seen any), but what about other factors like speed or stamina, Will they tied into gear or items? Or are you going to go through the whole game with a fairly similar Link? I can't wait to see what they do.

I think it'll be what those spirit orbs you get from completing shrines do, just skill tree points so you upgrade stuff. Like finish 20 shrines and dedicate them only to stamina and you'll reach the top of the stamina tree, however you can still have more stamina due to potions and there's a set limit, so ultimately if you were so inclined you could temporarily reach this peak stamina just by getting some ingredients while exploring if you don't want to put orbs in stamina.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

A dude on reddit got screenshots of the floating thing in the sky from multiple angles:

A dungeon like the City in the Sky? Remnants of Skyloft? A gigantic airship? Whatever it is, it's another awesome thing to wonder over and one day finally explore :neckbeard:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/4omsod/mysterious_airshipfloating_city_compilation/

Edit: Koroks are in the game, what if Ritos are too?

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That geometry reminds me way too much of Skyloft sans the Goddess statue, which had dropped down at the end anyway, hope it's that and Ritos live there now.

I really like this video of someone noticing it and what happens immediately after
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UaLUUnpe4&feature=youtu.be&t=41m10s

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 18, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Playing Majora's Mask for the first time and I don't think there's much in videogames as satisfying as starting a cycle and re-beating the Snowfall Temple boss (which owns), getting your sword sharpened, clearing off the goron race entrance, winning it, buying another bomb to open up the ranch and then see whatever it is i'll have to do to get Epona all before noon. Videogames truly are fantasy if I can get so much poo poo done in the morning.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Try taking the gold dust from winning the Goron Races to the sword-sharpener before The Third Day.

oh yeah, as soon as i pick up my sword from the shop it'll get the gold dust

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So basically its: "What if MGSV was good?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You'll just have to wait for nightfall and raid a bokoblin camp to take all their weapons and then blow them up in their sleep like a true hero.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wouldn't be too shocked if there's more apps after you clear the plateau and that it's relatively quick to get that one if you go on a certain path.

Also, went to Nintendo's BotW page to see if they had some official phone wallpapers or something and this game's genre is "Open-Air Adventure" :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jellymouth posted:

So here's something that has me curious that I haven't seen many people speculate about :
In the very first gameplay demo that was shows at this year's E3, right after Link is finished talking to the old man for the first time, whoever is in control starts randomly flailing their weapon about, hitting the old man and causing him to jump back, change idle animations into a kind of fight-or-flight stance, and remark "easy there" or something like that.

Now, given the whole theme of "you can go anywhere and do anything right from the start," I took this to mean that maybe murdering some NPCs might be a mechanic, or at least murdering the old man for his sweet sweet sailcloth. It would be a HUGE and very unlikely departure from Zelda conventions, and even if its just regulated to randos in the wilderness and outside of towns it would probably require the game have a minimum of a T rating, but I can sort of see how it could be a possibility. Perhaps if you tried to attack NPCs in major towns and such, you would automatically be approached by a guard and thrown out of town/in jail as you would if you were caught sneaking about in other Zelda titles.

Am I crazy, or did anyone else get that from attacking the old man?

Maybe it's only him that will have such reactions to being attacked until you finally get him to aggro and he pretty much one-shots you, however if you bullshit your way to victory then you beat the game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That looks like a sort of Guardian, huh

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

This game has me pretty excited for some Zelda action, but I haven't actually played a Zelda game since Links Awakening!

My roomate has a WiiU. Is the Twilight Princess HD thing worth it?

I would say no, but the dog makes it worth it. Regardless if you enjoy TPHD or not get Wind Waker HD afterwards for even better Zelda adventuring.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And somehow Ganondorf switched clothes and hairstyle between getting arrested in the kid link timeline and his execution in TP,are we to believe this is some sort of MAGIC ganondorf? Hope someone got fired for that.

Bomb arrows should allow for boulders to get massive momentum in stasis so if you shoot exactly under it so it goes straight up and then go to the other end of the plank you should reach the airship early.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm pretty sure the ending of Tri-Force heroes is that it turns out your fake link was the ALBW one all along and that's why everything worked out at the end. As for why he turned out to be a toon? it's a loving videogame with a different art style, christ.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MNLUju3CUY

Catapult man finds something real good near the temple of time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does anything in LA even tell you about bomb arrows?

Nah, but San Francisco probably does give out warnings.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really dug the motion controls but I won't blame anyone that couldn't get into them, it was a big enough problem that a lot of people couldn't do them and heck, I myself can't get stabs consistently.

SS has some flaws but I still dug it quite a lot, great dungeons, great bosses, zones being mini-dungeons on themselves was fun but boy oh boy was the sky overworld kinda nothing, at least it was a vast nothing rather than a nothing series of corridors like TP.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

DanielCross posted:

So from what I'm hearing, if these rumors are correct, the Wii U will be the more powerful system, and thus have the better version of the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cTt_nxTWo

Basically, if it uses NVIDIA's brand newest chip it'll be pretty close to the Xbone/PS4 ballpark, if not, well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This is something I've always wondered of the Skull Kid bit, IIRC the first time you go through you only have sound to guide you, second time it's at night and you can see the light of SK's lantern as well as the music. Whose backwards decision was it to make the second time easier instead of more difficult?

I felt like Epona's controls were fine, just that most of the game's corridors and backing away is the worst part of Epona's controls, so it's a shitshow.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rexroom posted:

I think the day-night cycle in the game has more to do with it.

Huh. Okay, fair enough I guess. I kept forgetting that was a thing since it only ever affected the overworld and only seemed to matter when wanting to go to the malomart.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Amiibo is literally the only good thing to come out of Twilight Princess.

(Just kidding, the arbiter grounds and yeti mansion were dope, but nothing else)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

She's cool but not really that interesting. She just stands out from everyone else being nothing.