Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

coffeecup posted:

Where did the mention of four main dungeons come from? The Gamexplain vid is the first time I've heard about it.

Still excited as hell for this game.

Part of the rumor that initally said there'd be 100+ "mini-dungeons", which we know are the shrines now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

coffeecup posted:

Shrine count isn't a rumor, though, Nintendo people talked about it at E3. Not trying to be pedantic, just curious.

e: or did you mean there was a mini-dungeon rumor even before E3?

Yeah, I didn't feel like I needed to specify it was a pre-E3 rumor.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Moriatti posted:

As mentioned, Samus appears in SMRPG, but also helps you hunt Metroids in Kirby's Dream Land 3.

More like you help her. Poor lady doesn't have the first clue how to freeze them.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Blackheart posted:

I remember getting the item for the kangaroo, was there a way to choose which animal buddy to summon? I think I had to use the other two at least once though.

It's something like you can find one at a certain area depending on where you go, and that same one will show up guaranteed in the second game on a linked playthrough.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Electromax posted:

Gross. Real gamers emulate at 60FPS, the One True Framerate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEpMTJgrfCc

This is freaking me out.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

s.i.r.e. posted:

What does fusing all of them even do?

It's more about the journey than the destination...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

People's enjoyment of Link to the Past really hinges on whether they played it back in the day or not, it seems. I'm one of the people who likes it, and I play it often still. But my younger friend played it for the first time a few years back and just didn't like it. But he also dislikes Super Mario 64, because Galaxy is better. Oh well.

I think Link to the Past had a cool overworld and a lot of exploration and obtaining treasures. I don't think any other game in the series has had more optional items. That's why I like it. Plus, being simple isn't necessarily a bad thing if it doesn't do anything particularly wrong.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Whatever edge is closest when I get the opportunity to leave. No hesitation.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bombadilillo posted:

I hope there's hero mode out the gate.

Well u guess we dont know the changes in this game. I want no hearts popping out of rocks. Potions to matter. Fights to be significant.

Considering it seems like everything but the basic Bokoblin kills you in one hit, I don't think you need to worry about it being challenging.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

100% completed Zelda 1, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Link Between Worlds. Didn't 100% complete the Oracle games, Wind Waker, or Minish Cap.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm just happy you guys are noticing Minish Cap's dungeon design and appreciating it, to be honest. I almost never hear good stuff about that game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

My thought is simple: I'm not pessimistic, but I am cautious. I want to know what I'm getting into. I don't see a need to pre-purchase the packs before entirely knowing what they'll consist of. For now, I'll just sit and wait.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

GameXplain won't be doing any more Zelda analyses because they literally own the game now

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Has anyone even gotten an early copy of the Wii U version or what?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

PerrineClostermann posted:

I wish we knew if setting TV output to 720p would fix it. I'm fine with lower resolution and better frames.

From what I understand it doesn't. I think GameXplain tried it at 480p, even, and there were still frame drops. It's probably just a downscale and not a re-rendering.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

How do you get the ability to see enemies' HP as a number instead of a red bar?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got the you-know-what in the Lost Woods. What kinds of cool things should I do with it? I totally want to take it out for a test drive before it "expends its energy" and I go back to normal weapons like usual. Can I like, destroy all those stationary Guardians with impunity and grab all their loot? Maybe even moving ones? I gotta know what kinds of things this weapon makes fun.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I managed to tame the Lord of the Mountain but the game wouldn't let me keep it, boo.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It IS stopping them from flying! They're complaining about how they're grounded and junk when you get there!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

A Blood Moon was starting as I went to go return the Thunder Helm to Riju and as soon as I talked to her the sky immediately turned from red back to blue and the scary music stopped. I guess game mechanics fall short when royal ladies are involved.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Mr E posted:

I'm not gonna somehow stumble across Ganon if I wanna explore a bit of the castle for some quests/items, right?

Ganon's at the highest point, you'll know you're close when the sky turns red.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't know if I did the Two Rings Kass shrine quest right but I just used the Ancient Bow you can craft because all arrows fired from it use N64 physics and go in a perfectly straight line, and shot it through two rings that were kinda right. Works for me.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Regarding the Rito Dungeon, nobody seems to complain about Rija also handing you 20 Bomb Arrows for the beast battle, or about you not needing to spend any resources on Rudania. The Zora area making you get the arrows yourself is more the exception rather than the rule.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Runcible Cat posted:

I've got him (and I don't think he showed up before I got Tarrey Town completed) but he's not offering me the shield, just the climber and rubber sets, so you probably have to find the shield before he'll replace it.

And keep in mind you only have to find it. I opened the chest with the Shield in it and had no room for it, leaving it there for now, and he still had the option to sell me one.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I prefer stabbing them with my Darkness-Sealing Sword.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm up to 116 shrines completed... getting pretty deep here. Haven't found any crazy powerful clubs like you guys are talking about though, all of mine are increased durability or Long Throw or whatever. But yeah. Once I'm done with that I guess I'll have nothing but traditional sidequests to do. Ho hum.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The crazy powerful clubs are from Silver Lynels.

Yes, and I've only gotten invreased durabopity or Long Throw or whatever. I've never even come across an attack boost beyond 17 points or so.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

Yes, they're horribly rare and I lost my best one because I idled on Death Mountain with it equipped. :smith:

You can more easily get the Golden Bow in the Gerudo area which has the same zoom technology. Fight Moldugas or search around the city. I'm pretty sure that there's a guaranteed one at the northern base before Vah Naboris as well.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I gave up after breaking three sledgehammers and a greatsword. What's in that stupid chest???

Giant Ancient Core I think. The trick is five heavy hits and one hit from a sword or such, it should bounce into the rim and roll into the hole, especially if you angle it slightly to the left.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

RCarr posted:

What's the best way to get ancient cores? I have gotten a few from chests inside shrines and the divine beasts, but that's it. I've killed dozens of guardians and I don't think a single one has dropped one. Is there a go-to place to farm them? I want to upgrade my ancient armor!

Killing Stalkers and Skywatchers is really the only way outside of chests. Oh, and Scout IVs in Major Tests of Strength, but that takes even more time probably. I don't think you can get Cores from stationary or turret Guardians.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Takoluka posted:

So I have 75/76 side quests completed, and according to lists on the internet, the one I'm somehow missing is the original Find the Fairy Fountain quest. I apparently can't activate it anymore? Is it missable somehow?

That shouldn't be, that quest is categorized as Main.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

veni veni veni posted:

See, Vah Naboris is good because it actually tells you that you will need the arrows even though it's not a real fight. Yiga clan leader is lovely because as far as I can tell there is no way to hit him when he is out in the middle of the pit without arrows, and the game does nothing to make sure you are prepped for this, so you just have to leave and do the whole area over if you don't have enough. I had a similar experience with the boss inside of Van Naboris where I just had to leave and go buy arrows to beat him. That was less of a pain because I could teleport nearby, but still seemed dumb to me.

There are plenty of arrows in the pots in the final room before the fight.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ice Fist posted:

Something you can't do without upgrading stasis which requires some ancient cores, which requires you fight guardians which you may or may not want to do in the early game. Yes, I know, parry with a pot lid, but I find the prospect of going out and doing that early on to be kind of annoying and a mistake will probably kill you at the point in the game I'm talking about.

Ah, whatever, different strokes and all that.

You'll find Ancient Cores in chests in shrines and dungeons and stuff, it's not too hard to upgrade Stasis without fighting a single Guardian.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Louisgod posted:

I'm sure it's been brought ad nauseam but is killing enemies and the game freezing for a second just part of the game now?

It's a small stutter due to loading ragdolls with Moblins. Issue's been there forever and I don't think it's likely to get fixed up.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Go to the list of shrine quests, on the right under the description of whichever one you have highlighted it should show a counter below.

It doesn't show until you beat the game, too.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Spellman posted:

So just so we're clear, you can't get a 3rd tier of heat resist or cool resist? I know how to get 2 heat/cool icons but not 3 like I can with sneaky/hasty

There are only two levels of resist for heat and cold.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Some Guardians just don't have all six legs from the start.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If you have any Ancient Arrows, you can delete the guards from existence.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Stealth in Zelda is barely ever fun or a good mechanic, in my opinion. Ever since the first time they did it it's always been the part of the game I least looked forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Jose posted:

i think i probably missed castle quests by just loving off all over the place and largely only using stables to buy stuff for upgrades or as warp points. i barely ever use the horse because its too much hassle not being able to summon it wherever

i tried to kill all the yiga instead of using stealth and got one shotted while using fully upgraded barbarians gear. i was sure i had fairies too

Yeah sadly the big attack of the Yiga Blademasters in the hideout will one-shot you through any kind of protection you might have. No armor, no fairies, no Mipha's Grace. The best way to fight them is from a distance. Crowd control them with freezing weapons or Ice Arrows. The bow guys can't kill you in one shot I think.