Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

ColdPie posted:

Holy gently caress

Right? There's no pizza girl with an rear end like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003

ShaneB posted:

OK so there is no main Wii U thread, so I'll just ask here. If I want a system to play some fun easy-ish games with my wife, is $200 for a 32gb, screen controller, pro controller, Mario U, and Zelda Wind Waker worth it? I was thinking about grabbing Breath of the Wild for Wii U as well, of course.

That's probably a good deal. I bought one used similarly on a whim and it's going to justify itself with Mario Maker and Zelda, even before my 2yo discovered ordering me to play Yoshi

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the WiiU game will transfer over to the Switch in the future? I bought it digitally, but it will kind of suck if I get a Switch later.

As someone who as paid for Punch-Out like four times, lol

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
So the breakeven is 2M and this is the most expensive Nintendo game of all time? That doesn't quite read given how long this took unless Nintendo has a completely different staffing model*, but it explains how they can survive making hardware basically only for their first party games.

*I think they do, for what it's worth. Relatively low pay, job security, not constantly spinning teams up and down to hit an annual release cycle etc

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
I think playing on a Wii U gamepad is giving me tendinitis. My thumb wants to lay on X and A, not Y/B, and I have to claw to hit L and R instead of ZL/ZR. Anyone with a remotely similar experience? Pro pad help? I'd kill to use a dualshock

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
Wizzrobes in this game remind me of Magic Man from Adventure Time and I want to pummel them

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
BotW actually carries over one thing that was extremely bad in Skyward Sword but really started in Ocarina, which is extremely "directed" conversations. It's clearly an artistic choice they're making, but it drives me crazy--every interaction goes as the same way:

Player input
Player control cut
Camera pan
Line of text
Camera reverse
Nonverbal reaction (eg Link fidgets or anime "uwaaaaaah!")
Camera pan/zoom back to speaker
Player control restored
Repeat

It's loving busy, it makes the simplest interactions take forever, and turning your inputs on/off like that just encourages mashing. It's the worst parts of text boxes and cutscenes combined. Skyward Sword just started with, like, three hours of it instead of thirty seconds

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
I ran into a Bokoblin camp in the far north of Akkala with five archers on an elevated platform with no stairs up, but for some reason every arrow they shot missed me. After running an entire loop around I got back to my starting point and realized what happened--it was pouring out, and the arrows I was picking up were bomb arrows. I baited them to farm more, and found out eventually missed shots don't persist to be picked up. Walked out of the encounter with 30 bomb arrows after their drops.

The best part is I think that area was entirely intentionally designed to do that; it rains a ton in Akkala, it was a total one-off spot with black bokoblins, and the only way I could figure onto the platform was cryosis in their little "moat" that only fills when it's raining

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Truly better than any sort of achievement or trophy you could hope to get in any game where you have to collect a bunch of poo poo.

It is literally a golden poop. Best troll in years, Nintendo

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
If you can gently caress a fish you should be able to register a bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

It might be cool if, instead of doing more damage, the enemies in hard mode just attacked faster. Tighten up the window for flurry and discourage getting right up in the face of a Hinox or Lynel.

I kind of agree (and would love to see the follow up to BOTW have a more complex, soulsy melee system) but I don't think the frame rate is there. Sometimes combat in this game feels like playing Punch-Out on an HDTV through a receiver