Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol nintendo iz badz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
dammit the U version is sold out on Amazon UK but the Switch version isn't, wanted to get my non-Switch-gettin best friend a day 1 copy cause his birthday is right afterwards

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The one thing I'm still not sold on with this game is the ultra-desaturated colour scheme that makes everything look like it has the mildest layer of mist over it. Partly because I can't shake this idea that it's something to do with hardware limitations and it being such a big game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SirPenguin posted:

The only DLC you'll get in 3 months is Hard Mode, duder, and it'll (likely) require you to restart the game. It's funny because 3 months is at once both too soon and too far for that

That one also has the new challenge and "map feature" whatever that is

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SirPenguin posted:

Is this thread doing that thing where the Entire Internet is having one reaction so it feels compelled to have the exact opposite one? It's really weird to see people not only defending it, but doing it so with arguments such as "no one is FORCING you to buy it"

dude, that's an argument that a literal toddler would feel embarrassed about bringing to the table. if that's all you got then maybe that says something

But.....no-one is forcing you to buy it??

I think there are good and bad parts of this DLC announcement. Definitely think the Winter pack sounds like it's gonna be some hefty original content, and I'm excited as heck for that, not fussed about the others but $20 is so little that who even cares

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I don't really read Games all that much.....is the reaction to this DLC typical of the attitude around here. Because if so yuck.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yes I can't imagine going to a YouTube or IGN comments section about this. I would probably start openly weeping

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Personally I really hope the summer DLC for Zelda has Run the Jewels in it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

Well now I'm gonna be turning off the in-game music and turning on RTJ so thanks for the idea!

We lookin at the rupees like they ours to get

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"We're doing this and this and this"

"This isn't enough information!!!!!!!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

Maybe it's because I generally ignore the video gaming community, but I had no idea there could even be this kind of controversy over DLC being announced.

Arguing about the timeline of when DLC is announced is about as dumb as arguing over the timeline of the Zelda series.

This one is definitely gonna unify the timeline and anyone who disagrees can prepare for the screed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'm totally baffled about what the complaints over Zelda DLC even ARE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

https://gfycat.com/PessimisticNeighboringDalmatian

:popeye:

I can't wait to roleplay as a B-52 bomber

God drat this is the coolest poo poo. FIFTEEN DAYS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone post more rad gifs like that glider one so we can get past this terrible discussion

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed with all of that. I'm not sure how it would work with the Joy-Cons exactly, but it's definitely possible with the hardware.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

ELEVEN DAYS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PerrineClostermann posted:

At this point I think I hate more the people complaining about supposed DLC complainers.

What do you mean supposed? There have been so many in this thread alone.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Super Mario 3D World was so goddamn good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I honestly feel like maybe he's getting the two games mixed up because that's the only way this makes any sense to me

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do we know if there'll be a limit to how much stuff you can carry yet? Hoping there isn't so I can have apples for days, but I feel like there would be.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

What it really made me realize though is just how drat glad I am that they've totally upended the formula established by ALttP. Obviously, I love these games and I love that formula, but Skyward Sword felt like they had finally hit a creative dead end.

FooF posted:

I think I was 15 or so when OOT came out and Hyrule Field felt huge. I know its hard to believe but when you first step out on it, it felt like what we're seeing in BotW when Link first leaves the cave. It's just that games have progressed so much in 20 years. Now we have come to expect huge landscapes but back then, it took a whole 10 minutes to go across the world and that's on a horse! We've come a long way.

100% agreed on both these points. OoT Hyrule Field was seriously the most impressive poo poo ever as a wide-eyed 8-year old hungry from months of N64 magazine hype.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

And frame perfect backflips and side hops are even faster, iirc.

Yeah I remember side hops being the fastest way

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Breath of the Wild could be the best game ever, sez Metro.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can people please post every preview article they find? I gots ta gorge myself on info.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Apona
Bpona
Cpona
Dpona
Epona

I actually might do this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Body
Doyle
Tiger
The Jewellery Man

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FooF posted:

It feels like those that have played it act like kids in a candy store: a kind of child-like joy and awe.

Can confirm.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Switch

definitely this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

In the japanese version you can tame Zelda

serious question have they had a single japanese commercial without the shot of her bathing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo emailed me five days ago saying hey we're close to taking your money and they haven't taken my money yet TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I would be really impressed if different versions of the same enemy had different fighting skills and some were tactical masterminds and some were just total idiots.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Timeline:

I think there are bird people so post Wind Waker, also there are tree people Kokori.

Not sure if any of that is a spoiler, I guess some people don't watch trailers maybe.

But it also has Zoras, which are what the bird people descended from, right? I'm all for the timeline unification theory, but I'm not that fussed really. (as with post I quoted not really spoilers if you watched any trailers)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It will turn out that one of the younger developers who owned a PS3 back in the day and liked heavy metal music was super upset that Brutal Legend turned into a third-person RTS game after the first hour and a half or so.

i'm still pretty upset about this tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'm certain Amazon and the Nintendo store are shipping all their Switches tomorrow for next-day delivery. Haven't found anyone who ordered from either who's had theirs shipped, but Nintendo told me it's still set for Friday.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My friend got his copy of the Master Edtion. Statue looks great. He confirmed the cartridge taste thing hahaha

e: he hasn't got the switch cause he ordered them from two different places

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reminder metacritic exists

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does this game have any kind of quest log? I think that's the only thing I really want that's unlikely to make it in. But Majora's Mask 3D sorta had one, so maybe?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hedrigall posted:

Yes it does.

Oh gently caress yes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Even if the Switch does have desirable non-Zelda games right now, nobody who didn't preorder is getting one any time soon. It'd be nice if Nintendo had another shipment coming in a couple of weeks, but I really doubt that, given that preorders never reopened after the initial window and it sounds like stores will have only a handful of systems available for non-preorders on launch day. That doesn't exactly say "we're steadily shipping these and will have plenty of supply available all month," y'know?

I guess you could get one if you went really early and stood in line for a midnight launch at a Best Buy?

Reminder that eShop is a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Unless I can download a Nintendo Switch I'm not sure how the eShop helps on that front.

oh you were on about the console not games

i doubt they'll be that scarce after a few days or so