Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Yeah you gotta do that to put apples in the bowls for the koroks. And then take all the apples back because what are they gonna do about it?

I always leave em because I dont want link to end up in some kind of korok purgatory being tortured by Hestu for all eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is there an easy way to invoke Hestu or find him?

Moreover, once you find him, can you take a picture of him and set a beacon to locate him?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I used cryonis all the way to eventide when I only had 4 hearts

Never thought to use it in mud

I drank like six stamina elixirs to get to the shrine next to eventide and it never occurred to me to just hop on ice columns the whole way.

It's probably because it would take for loving ever.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Of course I don't have a korok leaf..."

At least the raft that takes you to eventide had one laying close by.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah or it's early in the game and all you have are farming hoes and clubs because everything else broke.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The other day I chortled to my wife that our sister in law uses guides to beat every Zelda game but I definitely had to Google some poo poo tonight to beat a shrine and felt the shame.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If I found alttp strat guide in the woods I'd prolly JO to that.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I gotta say I really enjoy some of these shrines. It's so fun to solve them with my kid (a lot of his ideas actually work even when I think they're wild as hell) and super satisfying.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I beat that shrine by tossing the ball way up in the air and lucking into the end slot.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The gyro shrines would be a nightmare in handheld mode and it's wild that people are able to do it.

The giant hammer one you can basically just do with a putting motion using the controller. It took me two tries.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

My wife was aghast at the Gerudo body type but hella on board with the "no dudes allowed" angle.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

so are there people who only ever played BOTW on master mode? can i meet them?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just don't know how I could conceivably do it.

I guess it makes confrontations less of a choice. Like you maybe pick a dude to pick off for his bow and move on? How do people take on whole mobs of blue bokoblins with four hearts?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Gats Akimbo posted:

Blow them off a cliff with a korok leaf.

Lmfao I never thought of this.

I also had to look up the lost woods navigation solution because I honestly didn't think the wind and the embers on a torch would be indicative of anything useful.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Walla posted:

How do you even make that happen?

I'm not sure. Is there a lynel near kakariko village in master mode?

Also it looks like the lynel is glitched and can't move out of that spot.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder if it's being played through cemu and this is some kind of emulation fuckery.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just go get a Wii though too. They're cheap as heck and rule.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I didn't know most of what I was supposed to do in BOTW and had to google a lot of poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's weird how whenever someone asks "what's the best route to take starting out from the plateau?" people usually answer with "go to Kakariko Village, talk to lady impa, then go to Hateno Village."

I feel like the game pretty explicitly tells you to do that. The old man tells you to head for the twin cliffs and that's how you get to Kakariko.

Are there people who, the first time they played, they had no idea what to do off the plateau?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

big trivia FAIL posted:

my 6 year old can't read well enough to know what the game is telling him to do but he has taken down 2 divine beasts so far (Ruta and Medoh).

My seven year old has his own game going where I've beaten Ruta for him and he claims that it counts as his own win and that he beat him.

So now I'm giving him the reins and he's not happy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Is there anything good in the coliseum ruins aside from bokoblins and lizalfos and a lynel?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Okay then I will keep plugging away at it. It's difficult as heck in master mode.

E: oh the elemental stuff only shows up after I've beaten all the divine beasts too.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 24, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

There's one on the plateau that has a Nintendo switch tunic in it. It's by the eastern ruins on top of a wall.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

The EX chests were one of the most fun things in the game for me, I really enjoyed trying to track down the specific area they were in from the limited clues you're given. Yeah, some are too tough, but it was always rewarding when I managed to find one entirely on my own.

I found majora's mask today after my son said "let's go check out this island" and it was the biggest drat news of the week in our house.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Dude you're about to get bolted by lightning!"

"Yeah but we just got the rubber armor, I trust it!"

Children are so great.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Golux posted:

If you have the full set it at least protects some, doesn't it? I know you need the thunder crown to actually no-sell lightning.

what we discovered is that it protects you but you're still down to 1/4 of a heart and have to restore some hearts if you don't want to die soon.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

There is a villager that says something about 3 trees and a secret about them from what I recall, and that's really the only clue. But yeah, 3 trees almost identical means poo poo is a setup.

I think that's the three cedars shrine though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

But like, you need the korok seeds to expand your inventory? Just pick up the drat rock and listen to the yahaha

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Every time my kid is like "LOOK AT HIS BUTT DAD"

And I look. Because that rear end is undeniable.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I think I did about 5 inventory slots for weapons and a couple for shields, with how I play that was enough to pretty much always have some items in reserve.

I can respect a Marxist playthrough of BOTW

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Blue Maned Lynels are a real bitch. I need some stronger weapons I think.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah that is the easiest one I've found. Lots of shock arrows around plus boulders to hide behind or stand on top of.

The one thing that makes master mode so difficult is that the stasis+ freeze time is way shorter. am I imagining that?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

BOTW has music though. I swear it does.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Nes Flanders over here.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I think Vah Rudania is the coolest of the divine beasts. He's just always up there movin around and he's just so giant.

I got close to him today and told him I was his friend.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm not gonna lie, one of my biggest complaints about BotW would be solved if there were stamina balls sitting around everywhere.

That's part of the exploration mechanic though? That's like asking for Majora's Mask to be in the Shrine of Resurrection.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Once I figured out that 13 hearts meant I could get the master sword I just sucked it up and made recipes that gave me stamina whenever I could.

I like that stamina limitations keep you from tackling certain shrines (as in getting up to them) and generally acts as a vertical limiter to where you can go easily.

I'll reiterate the old rear end complaint that it rains too fuckin much in Hyrule, though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just want a dang hookshot

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Once I figured out that you could just destroy those sentries with the big metal boxes I was like "oh cool I solved it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Maroon Hawk posted:

my bird sank into the clouds and I couldn’t figure out how to get it back up.

Ya gotta flap harder, son.