Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

This game appears to be pretty bare bones and plots you right in the game as soon as you start. I kinda liked that about Link Between Worlds, so this game doing it is pretty good.

Also echoing the statement that it really does feel like the first Zelda game. Which is also nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Not sure if this was brought up yet, but did anyone notice that the voice that tells Link to get up actually refers to Link as "Link".

Does this mean that you won't be able to name Link whatever you want? I mean, I almost never name him anything other then Link or variations like "Lonk". I suppose you can name the game file whatever you want.

Now that I think of it, will the game even have multiple save files? It would sort of suck, but with such a massive overworld, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game took the Pokemon route and limited it to just one.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

DanielCross posted:

So, what are the odds of Link having a Shulk-style "bare" skin as one of his outfits for Smash 5?

Depends on how successful this game will be... and if there's going to be a Smash 5 in the first place.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

BillmasterCozb posted:

I can't beat the big goron guy in Death Mountain. I put the iron boots on as he charges at me, i press A to grab when it says "Grab", and yet i still get knocked into the lava. Am I missing something?

Are you just pressing or are you holding A? It's kind of the same principle as goat wrangling.

Edit: Wait, which Goron guy? the mid-boss Goron with the iron plating or the boss-boss?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Doesn't get more linear than the twilight realm and it just being a sequence of rooms locked behind a key you get in the same room.

The Palace of Twilight barely counts as a full dungeon. You don't even get a special item: instead you get a special upgrade for the Master Sword that only works in the dungeon itself. It's mostly there to be a climax for the Zant plot. It's played up as the final battle of the game, but then it's revealed that Ganondorf was pulling the strings the whole time.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

greatn posted:

Everyone in link between worlds is a alternate version of a Hyrule person right? I can't figure out who Yuga is though, doesn't seem to be a lorule aghanim.

Nope. Almost none of the sages have Lorule counterparts. Yuga might be the counterpart to Impa though, as they are both the princess's advisers in each respective world.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

How is the relationship between Nintendo and Capcom these days?

Going by how much attention Monster Hunter is getting on the Switch... Extremely good.

Also I think the art director or someone important who worked on the Capcom Zelda games then went to Nintendo and still works in the Zelda series. Heck there was some concept art of the Minish in Breath of the Wild.

Honestly, I think the Oracle games could be remade, but I think they could be condensed into one "adventure" so you don't have to buy two separate games have to deal with a lovely password system to link the games. Heck, they could even include the fabled third game that was scrapped.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Skyward Sword was pretty much built with the Wii's motion controls in mind. The control scheme is too integral to the game.

This actually isn't an uncommon occurrence really. Developers often don't think about how the game would be preserved 10 or 20 years down the line.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

I’d love to see the Links Awakening engine used again. The Capcom Oracle games are the obvious candidates, or perhaps a Minish Cap remaster. I also wouldn’t mind them using that engine to redo Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Just hope it’s not going to be a one-off game, I love the diorama toy box type look.

I'd love to see Greezo take a shot at making an original Zelda game using the same engine. Although the Oracle games and Minish Cap would be stellar choices as well.

...I don't see remaking Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks without great modifications though. If people were doubtful about Skyward Sword being ported at all due to being very reliant on motion controls, then the DS games are going to be near impossible without reworking the game entirely due to the lack of a second screen.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

The original Four Swords game was also bundled with the GBA version of A Link to the Past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I think people whined far to much about Skyward Sword and how it played/presented itself.