Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I'm watching these videos and my hype is rapidly deflating as I see things like weapons breaking in a few hits, survival mechanics, limited inventory space for dropped items, having to gather materials to make things. These are all things that add tedium to games and I don't know why any of them needed to be in a Zelda game.

Digging the "sheikah technology from a now-lost civilisation" thing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Majora's Mask was the only time swimming controls have been done well in the entire history of videogames, the 3DS version loving that up should be some kind of crime tbh

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

My problem with the dlc is that you can only buy both packs, and the first pack is (or at least sounds like) stuff that would ordinarily be part of the base game. Really hoping that hard mode is a Master Quest-style reworking of the game because that's the only way to justify charging extra for a difficulty mode

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

OK guys, I just got some secret info. That infrared camera is also an ir blaster. If you own a Gameboy color and links awakening, you can sync it with the right joycon. This is what that map feature thing is. You get a random dungeon from the Gameboy game.

I only have an original grey brick GameBoy. Goddamn these hidden costs keep piling up, wtf Nintendo :argh:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I see people talk about getting rich by shooting arrows at Blupees, but I shot one and it dropped like three rupees and disappeared. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Ugh. Is there any way to cheese the mounted archery trial, I hate this

Use one of those bows that fires three arrows in a spread

Or a bow with a faster draw so you have time for more shots.