Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rime posted:

Havok Physics is going to make this game amazing. :allears:

https://fat.gfycat.com/SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel.webm

That's a pretty good argument for preordering alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope this has Gorons in it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Just 9 more months until we get a solid release date!

Thanks for linking this!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

JustJeff88 posted:

Same, and I am happy about that. Having said that, I fear that there is going to be a shortage of the fuckers in March and I won't be able to get one for some time. Not a big deal, but frustrating.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on buying the switch until this Zelda cooking game is out.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jehde posted:

Has no one confirmed shield bomb jumping yet?

Shield bomb jumping confirmed for being rad as hell. :cool:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I certainly do hope it's a launch title.

Cojawfee posted:

Nostalgia allows you to look past little annoyances to get to the part of the game you like.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Every Zelda is the Best Zelda

:unsmith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Phimosissy posted:

The treehouse guys got one-hitted by a guardian at full (4) hearts. It certainly looks like some fights matter at any rate.

Also, I think no hearts, just meat/mushrooms and cooking?

I'm pretty sure there was an interview indicating it's that way, there could be some other healing resources in the game like healing springs or faeries but the days of recovering health via basic landscaping are gone, now it's much more advanced landscaping!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Calaveron posted:

So I'm interpreting this as the hero and the princess's inability to stop Ganon essentially caused the goddesses to act by awakening these divine beasts and their robo army to defeat him. This somehow pissed off the king or the goddesses who banished the sheikah in retaliation and I'm going to infer the enemies we've seen with the upside down masks are a pissed off splinter group of sheikah that are trying to return to Hyrule?

My interpretation of the plot is, the main character's name is Link and this is Jackass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yct-NbBhuc

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Augus posted:

Twilight Princess is kinda a bad game

Only Zelda game I have ever owned and only played through once. :smith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

In terms of exploration my basic plan at the start is to stick to the rivers and lakes that I'm used to.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/823924607686242305
Zelda sale for Europe!! Also includes DLC for Hyrule Warriors!!!

A US sale would be nice too.

The Dave posted:

I think you're moving too fast.

I'm gonna have it my way or nothing at all.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mahoning posted:

If the Wii U didn't kill Nintendo's hardware business, nothing will.

I got mine for splatoon and because the new zelda was just around the corner! That was about two years ago. :smith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hedrigall posted:

Cool new map someone made:

Possible geographical spoilers, expand thumbnail at own risk.

Spookers confirmed!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

16 days, ya'll as excited as I am??

I don't have a switch pre-order, so not really.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

jet sanchEz posted:

Is the WiiU version going to be hard to find?

I'm no psychic but I feel that it won't be an issue.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I'm most excited for the lack of 40 minute tutorial followed by two hours of heavily guided gameplay

I remember when I tried to replay twilight princess and had to deal with multiple children commenting on every style of sword strike you could do and going to the village and just uuuugggghhh.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

sigmachiev posted:

PSA: The full EDGE review has leaked and contains major spoilers. I checked it briefly and stopped after a few glances. What I did gather was that this looks like the first time in a Zelda game where the story is legit awesome instead of "Hey this is neat and I dig the lore."

I like that the tutorial is under an hour long and skippable.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I like the big horse, because it's large enough that you can ride over other riders with it and if you talk to a traveler on it, you can instantly run over them when they aggro.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tried jumping on the platform guys near the magnesis shrine, got one shot with an arrow after they floated out of my reach. Master mode is making me approach things very differently and I'm really liking how it shakes things up so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This memory owned. All memories were good but this one is top 3. (Urbosa’s is the best)

That one with her and her dad made me go, "Just let her be a scientist you loving dick!"