Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
This has likely been asked already, but gently caress it: What are the differences between the Wii U version and the Switch version? I have heard contradicting things about performance. Will the Wii U version have the DLC?

I don't have a preorder for the switch so the ship has likely sailed on that for a month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like it but it feels like the framerate should be smoother. That said, I probably need to give myself some time to adjust. I do want to play that first battle again though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sort of wonder if they were counting on a vertical slice being complete enough to show something as a main event with Skyward Sword as a side, nice to have, thing, but something derailed it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am going to try to see if I can finish up BotW before the new game comes out this month; I still got 2 of the Divine Beasts to go, along with the entire west side of the map.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know at this point I should try to shotgun things but man is it disorienting picking up BotW after years.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

tsob posted:

I mean, the biggest issue with Breath of the Wild was that while Zelda got some really nice characterization through cutscenes as a bit of a dork completely out of her depth but refusing to give up, Link was just the usual blank for the audience to fill in however they want, so Tears of the Kingdom having the balls to give him any character at all would be a breath of wild air; even the slight character mostly inferred for Samus in Metroid: Dread. I think the reception to Samus having a voice and character in Metroid: Other M spooked them on giving their silent leads a voice and any definite character for good though.

I always thought that post resurrection Link was some mixture of Naive and Slightly Feral, going by some dialog choices.

He is Goku, is what I am saying.

EDIT: Then again, I am probably wrong. I thought I heard once that it was canon that after his resurrection that he was basically wiped clean of the person he was.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 28, 2023

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
On the one hand, it is basically crafting that they added, but on the other it looks really cool and intuitive and it is basically the logical next step they could have gone.

I wonder if the fusion caps out at 2 items or if it is higher. In any case I can't wait to see peoples horrible abomination weapons.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Everybody has their attention on Fuse and Ultrahand, for good reason, but also wonder what else could be done with the Rewind power. Throw a rock at someone, then use rewind to smack them with it again?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

tsob posted:

It's this bit of the second trailer.

It looks like you can also see a bit of the fuse ability in one of the scenes after that, specifically the quick cut on the Talos fight. It looks like Link is using a stick or some other weapon fused with a cannon.

They were hiding it all in plain sight.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hogama posted:

Minimap apparently both tracks caves and gives a checkmark to show if you've explored them or not.

While I appreciate the checkmarks to indicate something as explored, I kind of hope this doesn't mean that TotK has become an Ubisoft style 'checkbox open world'.

I mean I know that thinking is completely irrational and what I am hoping is that it is more like Elden Ring where caves and dungeons only appear when you find them, which I feel is more likely.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Speaking of..

Maybe its because I haven't played the original in a few years, but the textures look noticeably sharper too me? Also the smoke/cloud effects looked volumetric? I'm sure the Digital Foundry guys are going to be all over this.

But yea game looks like its running very well at 30fps and no graphical hiccups or stuttering. Also that view distance goddamn.

It's that Monolithsoft tech once again paying dividends, I bet.

Also,

Zelda Megathread: Going Crazy Over a Stick Superglued to Another Stick

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder if we will have any existing Sheika slate actions carry over?

Bombs: Can't imagine a zelda game without 'em
Cryo: Building may make this redundant.
Stasis: No idea
Magnet: Ultrahand may be replacing this.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Weird. I can't imagine a Zelda without Bombs

I am willing to bet there will be a replacement for bombs if the sheika slate is completely scuttled; Like bringing back the bomb bag and have them as a consumable again, or we will get a bomb ability for Link's magic hand.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
As unlikely as it is I still am pulling for a sudden playable Zelda reveal.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have been meaning to get a new Pro controller so I snagged this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AutomaticZen/status/1640835129198141440?s=20