Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I've been set on four different forwards for this pick all day. It's a tough one. I hope (and think one will) one of them comes back to me in 8 picks so I can take two players I really want, but it came down to the guy who I think would more certainly be taken by then, and it's a real awesome dude on an incredible contract.

Winnipeg selects Wayne Simmonds. The coolest thing about Wayne-O is that the Flyers changed his deployment to a majority of zone starts in the defensive zone, yet he had his best offensive season and still put up excellent Corsi/Fenwick relative analytics. He's still only 27, takes a lot of shots, he agitates the poo poo out of people, and he's been putting up around 30 goals consistently for three years. I'm pumped to have him on Bergeron's wing.

FORWARDS
??? - Bergeron - Simmonds

DEFENSE
Doughty - ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

eXXon posted:

He came back and got 14 points in 20 playoff games so I'd say he's alive and kicking and went after Landeskog and Huberdeau sooo right about where expected. Also make your pick.

Didn't realize that was his playoff production. I suppose this is a fine pick, he'll put up 60 points next year.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

exxon or lazerwolf can I send you my short list in case I'm not around later for my next pick?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Aye Doc, sent you a list. I'll let you know if I can make the pick myself if I see I'm gonna be around, which I will if this moves quickly enough.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

the talent deficit posted:

Anton Strålman, i can get forwards later

1st line center Casey Cizikas

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Worst team so far after three rounds is, well, sorry Jordan, but Hamilton/Laine/Gallagher is not exactly a cup core

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone is up, I'm curious about these back to backs

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Gimme Rask and Krug

Wow did not expect these, Krug is legit but rask had a weird year and goalies this early is eh. I dunno t-bone. If tuukaa bounces back he's a good pick but I just don't think goalies matter as much in a draft like this

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Hah I actually had second thoughts on my pick but am still happy with Parise. I couldn't help having him play with Bergeron and having three 30-goal forwards is really nice to go along with Doughty.

Zach has a crap contract and he will play only 70 games but he does everything well.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Also I am on the west coast. I was just asleep.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Parise-Bergeron-Simmonds

Doughty

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

It's hard to go over the cap though. Take the best players initially and then manage your assets more carefully as you look for pluggers.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

No, I am saying that I think it's wise to use the first few picks you have on developing a core of the best possible players. Saving money on Dumba instead of choosing several other D who are young and a lot better is a worse strategy than drafting a better D now for more money and going cheap on your role players because those skills are more abundant.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Maybe a round too early for him but he is gonna be a stud.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Jesus Matt murray? Out of all the goalies available, even the young ones?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Murray is gonna be a very good goalie but I wouldn't pick him over someone else. And young goalies this early seems weird to me.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Eberle is a great pick.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Neal is a terrific pick this late and that first line is awesome.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

It also costs like $25 million

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Veskit posted:

Now you care about money

Well when four players cost $30 million that's not smart either but at least his four players are really good

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I like Rielly a lot as an offensive D. Kid can loving skate and pass. Domi also a good pick after a 52-point rookie season.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I would have taken him next had he fallen to me but I didn't expect him to.. There's another guy I'm shocked hasn't been taken yet.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

That's the guy I was surprised fell this far, although he's about to get a big contract and he's still pretty raw.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

I might have taken Trouba if he fell to the fifth, but I'm not convinced he can be a top pairing defenseman in the NHL. I just don't think the offense is there to make him anything more than a 2nd pair guy.

I agree with this, although his defensive tools are great for a guy his age. I'd rather have Rielly, who I think is gonna develop into a 65-point defenseman.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Duclair kicks rear end, I think he's a 30-30-60 player within two years. Maybe next.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Nice pick, I was wondering when he'd go.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yeah Tanev rules. I really hope the D I want doesn't get picked but I don't go for another 30+ picks and its almost a guarantee he will.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

JVR is real good but always injured. Ellis was a good pick, especially with that contract.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I thought Drouin would fall another round.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Your D is insane but it is a mistake to ignore offense early. I learned my lesson last time.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Never! I will build New Jersey 2.0 and bore my opponents to death!

Actually I thought you were a different team. You have Perry so you're not ignoring offense.

Also, Mike Hoffman is a dude I thought would be taken a round ago, he's awesome. Legit first line winger.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

I had a lot of names I was looking at here, the Florida Panthers have decided to take Mike Hoffman. he has one of the best 5v5 p/60s over the past 2 seasons along with good fancy stats and he seems especially good at generating offense all on his lonesome

mentholmoose is up

You lucked out with Duke/Hoffman, I really like your team a lot so far. A phenomenal young first pair on defense, and Duclair/Duchene/Hoffman is a fun first line.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

How did Stone go way before Hoffman when Hoffman is better?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

There are two wingers in particular I'm surprised have not gone yet.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

The RECAPITATOR posted:

Hot drat, I was kind of hoping he'd keep, very unexplicably, going unseen. Good pickup, in my lovely opinion.

I almost took him over Parise two rounds ago but didn't want to pass up on Zach's two-way play.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yeah, I regret taking Parise instead of another great center, seeing as how I could have gotten plenty of good wingers later on - I over-estimated how soon wingers would go. Everyone's been loading up on C and D.

I am, however, still really happy with my team, especially if I can get the guy I want with my next pick.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Staal had a really solid year and is a fine pick. The dude still does everything well.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

My next two picks are definitely gonna go before me, I know it

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

With the....whatever pick of the draft, the Mighty Anaheim Southern Ducks of California select Old Man Jagr to provide leadership in the locker room and 19 year old Czech girls for the whole team!

seriously, I know he will probably fall off in production this year but everyone has been saying that forever.

He's still gonna be a 50-60 pt player but I wouldn't pick him over some of the other wingers available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Otis Reddit posted:

I must pick Zuccarello.

He was the main guy I was surprised to see still around. Also Nino is fuckin awesome

• Locked thread