Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A4 Steak Sauce
We've all experienced this at least once; You finally land into the bed after a long day. You relax, let your mind roam free as you drift off... until this fucker chimes in with some thing like, say:

:holy: why do we make foods with bright sky blue dye in it where nothing common
In nature that is edible has that color?

And BaM! NO SLEEP TONIGHT BUCKO!

I hate these, and they always get me. So here is a thread just for them; post them here, and who knows? Maybe someone can give you that answer and help you sleep tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

the sun begins to rise yet your day is pretty much over.

A4 Steak Sauce

Macnult posted:

the sun begins to rise yet your day is pretty much over.

You must have it SUPER bad if a statement like that keeps you up at night :v:

Macnult

it's more of a conclusion i always end up at

Macnult

what if trees have the ability to move but do so in such a slow manner that it spans over several human lifetimes?

A4 Steak Sauce

Macnult posted:

what if trees have the ability to move but do so in such a slow manner that it spans over several human lifetimes?

:psypop:

You know how in those diagrams that show how eyes work, how the image is flipped upside down on the back of the eye?

That means that our perception of reality is flipped, meaning when we look up at the sky, we are really just looking down into the infinite expanse below our heads

Macnult

A4 Steak Sauce posted:

:psypop:

You know how in those diagrams that show how eyes work, how the image is flipped upside down on the back of the eye?

That means that our perception of reality is flipped, meaning when we look up at the sky, we are really just looking down into the infinite expanse below our heads

*feeling woke, pressing the down directional key while holding left ALT*
"muuuuch better"

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Is there something under my pillow making it all lumpy? ...no. But am I sure? Why is it uncomfortable? Check again... no. Stupid weird pillow. Oh is that the sun coming up? :(

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Me: "Man I'm tired. Sure hope I can get some slee..."

Brain: **snippet of a song I haven't heard in forever**

Me: "poo poo, what was that song..."

Brain: **snippet of a song but just the middle of the refrain**

Me: "...to you... hmmm hmmm hmmm to you... gently caress, what is this song..."

Brain: **snippet of a song and almost there**

Me: Hmmm hmmm.. happy? Happy! Birthday? Happy birthda... gently caress I GOT THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG RUNNING THROUGH MY oh, wait- tomorrow's so and so's birthday!

Brain: "no respect, I tell ya!"

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

MrWillsauce

what if they find the body

its all nice on rice

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Bob Ross is now on Netflix. His soothing tone helps you fall asleep.

MrWillsauce

if bob ross met mister rogers who would like the other one more

its all nice on rice

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Bob would teach Rogers and his friends how to paint a happy landscape.

Maoist Pussy

by Lowtax
Here's a little helpful tip from your forums friend Maoist Pussy:

1mg of melatonin and somewhat boring podcast jammed in one ear puts me right out! The podcast gives my brain something to do for 15 minutes while I am relaxing.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

I sleep in front of reruns of tv shows I've seen 10 times for the same reason. It distracts my brain from messing with me long enough to fall asleep and they're not so exciting I'm incented to stay awake to see what happens

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

eonwe

I do the same thing. I fall asleep to Adult Swim or Cops or Lockup

Matoi Ryuko

Maoist Pussy posted:

Here's a little helpful tip from your forums friend Maoist Pussy:

1mg of melatonin and somewhat boring podcast jammed in one ear puts me right out! The podcast gives my brain something to do for 15 minutes while I am relaxing.

In a similar vein, I like listening to sim city 5 let's plays sometimes to help me fall asleep.

Maoist Pussy

by Lowtax
OK, but if it were a podcast about sports or history or art or something instead of some retarded cartoon you might get something out of it also.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Maoist Pussy posted:

OK, but if it were a podcast about sports or history or art or something instead of some retarded cartoon you might get something out of it also.

If it's interesting or informative, you pay attention and stay awake.

Not unlike Fluffie, I often put on a movie I've seen many, many times when I nap. It can't be too good or too bad, or it engages me. It has to be kind of b-flat to lull me gently to sleep.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

joke_explainer

Good video on sleeping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

thanks Manifisto!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

thanks, I ended up seeing that and looking at the comments to learn about the movie the prestige. I just finished watching it so now I will (try to) sleep

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gordon Lightfoot.

https://youtu.be/9vST6hVRj2A

• Locked thread