Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
If you guys still need a replacement, I'd be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
as mentioned above- I'd be interested in taking a team

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'll claim Vick Concussion Unit. Should I just PM you my MFL email address?

I'll have my transactions in in the next couple days.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

jabro posted:

I was still linked as an owner of VCU along with Veritek83. I was going to change the team name but couldn't think of something witty so just unlinked from the franchise.

Yeah, my two big tasks this weekend are figuring out a new team name and deciding on FA extentions and the franchise tag. Though really, Veritek Concussion Unit kinda works, since I live a couple of miles from the VCU campus.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

edited pending resolution of the ownership question.

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 29, 2016

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

So I'm actually taking over the Windy City Blowers.

Franchise tag: Matt Forte
FA extension: Kirk Cousins

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I believe it's just reverse standings, per an email exchange with Alucard, so incorporating the trades from the 2nd post:

1.1 Ice Up
1.2 Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz
1.3 Casey Ryback
1.4 The Yickers
1.5 The Brownies are Rebuilding
1.6 River City Cryptkeepers
1.7 The Soulful Power Ballads
1.8 The Soulful Power Ballads
1.9 The Soulful Power Ballads
1.10 Flint Tropics
1.11 The Brownies are Rebuilding
1.12 Brutally Kunnin' Brutality

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Alucard posted:

Rookie Slow Draft starts tomorrow! You should have gotten an email from me about the details. Make sure to post your pick in the thread so it gets captured for posterity.

Also, what is the league's thoughts on combining rookie and FA draft next year into one big slow draft? Rookies would still count as rookie contracts (default 5 years) and free agents would still follow the 1-3-5 distribution, but we'd only do one draft and you'd have to prioritize picking a rookie over a high-performing free agent. Doing one by the thread and one by MFL could be streamlined in this way.

Email received.

Speculating about the distant future, but would it be possible to just restrict picks in the first three rounds of a draft to rookies? In any case, resolving this sooner rather than later seems worthwhile, so that we can gauge the value of future draft picks, in case they're being traded now.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The River City Cryptkeepers select Josh Doctson

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

With the 18th pick of the draft, The River City Cryptkeepers select DeAndre Washington of the Oakland Raiders.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

River City Cryptkeepers select Josh Ferguson of the Indianapolis Colts.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Alucard posted:

Teams that will currently not get the maximum 12 rounds of draft picks (picks will be dropped from the end, not the beginning):

River City Cryptkeepers - Veritek83 - 11 picks
Big Picture - NineK11 - 8 picks
The Soulful Power Ballads - Forever Peace - 9 picks

If you want your full complement of 12, drop players until your roster hits 20 players.

If we want to drop to get to 12 picks, when's the deadline? Night of the 26th?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'd prefer to cut later rather than earlier.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Eli Rogers 1
Virgil Green 1

Ryan Fitzpatrick 3
Jamison Crowder 3
Jared Cook 3

Jeremy Maclin 5
Graham Gano 5
Denver Broncos 5

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'd be down. I think one last league should round things out for me this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

spacejung posted:

I don't really give a schnip, the guy who is facing him might.

this

• Locked thread