Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
So why don't anyone in the ISA need gas masks on Helgan? Or did the Helghast already clean up their atmosphere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Blind Sally: Googol
nine-gear crow: Googolplex

Alright, wrap it up gentlemen and buy me my new avatar.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Okay, here's my not-a-joke prediction: Sally: 41, Crow: 51.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kinfolk910 posted:

To the two people who price of righted my guess I offer my greatest pity because I did a completely blind guess without even watching the video's first.

I wasn't putting much thought into it either, I just tried to make a guess that gave me a fairly decent spread. And being out Price-of-Righted will make my victory that much sweeter.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

And even then, that's a hilariously lovely metric, because like we went over in the Killzone 2/Liberation thread Earth is basically the Capitol of Panem in terms of its exploration of its colonies for resources and looming-over-shoulder-with-big-stick style imperial rule.

As I see it Killzone is like a hypothetical war between Australia and New Zealand. Helgan is Australia, a mineral rich death world run by Nazis, while the ISA is New Zealand, a much more habitable environment, but one populated by people just as bad. Worse is you consider Rico. While Earth is Britain and doesn't care much as long as it's resource shipments keep coming in. Britain looks better because it isn't fighting and committing war crimes, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't if given the chance.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What's A Shakespeare Play? Named in honor of its power source, Rico's aggressively violent ignorance. It's actually thanks to the W.A.S.P. that Rico is a calmer person. Without all those prototypes leeching off his excess psychosis Rico would have gotten everyone killed months ago.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I don't think the scanner scene is unintentionally hilarious. It's very much intentional. First it gets you kind of worried that Rice and Sev will be discovered, even though you know they won't, then everything is fine and you realize that the Helghast aren't a Master Race totally distinct from humanity and it's just bullshit pseudo science.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Soup Inspector posted:

There's also something else that occurred to me but it feels a bit :spergin: (and is probably incorrect to boot but that's because I never finished watching the Killzone 1 LP).

Well now you have to tell us.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Sounds reasonable. Hitler wasn't a career soldier and any military dictatorship needs the support of some civilian backers. We don't even know what the backgrounds of most of the Helgan Senators are, Orlock might be the only career military on there.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

A.C...

After Colony! Restart, in this context, of course means to restart civilization. Tyty's planning to set off a colony drop, wiping out civilization and probably dooming humanity! There's no other logical way to interpret any of this.

So, yeah. I vote yes.

Wait a second, Trump hasn't won yet.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The WASP kind of reminds me of the rocket launcher/chain gun from Painkiller.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

It's beautiful! Play Dark Souls already, crow!!!

I look forward to his BOOM! only run.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
In retrospect Stahl never had a chance of becoming Autarch of Craftworld Helgan. He was trapped of the Path of Corporate Douchebaggery while Orlock had clearly mastered several War Aspects and was thus much more suited to take up the Path of Command.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

chitoryu12 posted:

I dunno, last time someone took the Path of Corporate Douchebaggery they became president.

#NotMyAutarch

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I think you meant Exeunt chased by a bear sized electricity spider.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fish Noise posted:

How well do complaints about British villains hold up now, do you think?

They won't be a problem much longer, it's going to be nothing but Trump impressions for video game villains now.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fish Noise posted:

When is Autarch Visally's inauguration address?

And does this mean that nine-gear crow is his Senator Hitler-Vape?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

HardDiskD posted:

And then take out the entire Games subforum in the fallout.

And which subforum will the survivors be resettled on?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Marshal Radisic posted:

It makes perfect sense if, like EarthGov, the only emotion you can feel anymore is spite.

nine-gear crow posted:

Earth knew exactly what it was doing when it concocted this insane "compromise" :getin:

malkav11 posted:

There is no conceivable universe in which "stick the people who hate each other together in a confined space" fixes the situation. Unless you're angling for a solution where they kill each other to the last man, I guess.

Looks like Killzone predicted what a Trump administration will look like.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Sev is probably in "hiding" in a quiet town where everyone knows who he is, but they love him for it, so nothing is done about it. Like that Serbian war criminal they found a few years ago.

Rico definitely founded a far right terrorist organization that sought to "finish the work the terracide started". After he began to prioritize Vektan "collaborationists" the ISA turned on him and Rico ended up going down in blaze of "glory" that wiped out two city blocks.

Natko's existence continued to be retroactively erased. By the time of Shadowfall his erasure was complete and he was nothing more than a false positive on a pregnancy test that gave his parents a quick spook.

Narville stayed in the military for a while but retired because he was never going to reach the rank of general due to the bad optics of promoting an accessory to terracide. Wrote his memoirs and ended up getting assassinated by one of Rico's followers for being an apologist.

Hooper of course became president.

"Jammer" was unaware of Sev's infatuation and turned him down, became disgusted with Rico, and ended up a tenured college professor, finding ever more inventive ways to torment grad students.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

VICE president. Space President Ke$ha's service term has infinite length thanks to the constitutional Act Of Awww Hellllla Yeah in 2033.

That was found unconstitutional and you know it.

Blind Sally posted:

Eveything is terrible. Including the grammar.

Forget the power of grammar and syntax, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

I hope it turns out the robots are just hyper-advanced sentry bots and the game takes place on a post-post-apocalyptic Vekta

Does that mean you'll LP it then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

(if we LP Shadow Fall)

We all know you want to make Trump wall jokes.

• Locked thread