Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
You'll either like Billy even more eventually or really dislike how his arc goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Orv posted:

You'll either like Billy even more eventually or really dislike how his arc goes.

I saw the Eternal Crusade thread died. My condolences.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That game somehow actively got worse after coming out of Early Access, it was kind of impressive in a way.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So they released some stats from that first set of testing.

First player to use a Mermaid:

Hmm.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Orv posted:

So they released some stats from that first set of testing.

First player to use a Mermaid:

Hmm.

BinaryKitten's desires are... unconventional.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015
Some new gameplay footage: https://www.youtube.com/embed/NjdE3L3xruk

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope I get in the PC beta.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I hope I get in the PC beta.

Same--I'm liking what I see so far. Now I need to get my buddies on board...

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Oh, I am VERY aroused! Can't wait to blow up boats and steal treasures with goons.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
the only thing I like more than digging in the dirt for treasure is digging in the sea for treasure

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

I got an invite to this Saturday's Technical Alpha. Can't wait!!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ugh this game looks phenom, why isn't it out noowwwwww

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Sign up for its Insider Program. They are running regular alpha tests trying out new features. It is already super polished and fun. I can't wait for full release!!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I already did but haven't seen anything for a PC beta yet. So far nothing but xbox junk.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

forge posted:

I already did but haven't seen anything for a PC beta yet. So far nothing but xbox junk.

Same here. :sigh:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If they stick with this microsoft garbage for PC release this games going into the dumpster. Microsift is going to charge me $9.99 to change my gamer tag so I can post on sea of theives forum with the name forgeSA and not XxxXXXFoRgExXxx2999 because it links to xbox garbage heep which I signed up for 5 months ago trying to figure out how to even make a fucken account.

Seriously..

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
That, and the fact that its windows 10 only cuts out 75% of the PC market (which includes me): https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Oh yeah because it's a windows store app crap thing.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

SamEyeAm posted:

Sign up for its Insider Program. They are running regular alpha tests trying out new features. It is already super polished and fun. I can't wait for full release!!

Did you get in the xbox one? I don't think they've sent out PC invites yet, but wanted to double check.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

forge posted:

Did you get in the xbox one? I don't think they've sent out PC invites yet, but wanted to double check.

I got in the XBone alpha, but they did it on my wedding day.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The alpha tests are all in the middle of the day US tz. Not exactly great!

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Yes, XBox alphas. Usually 1-4 PM CST :-/

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's a Games for Windows only release? Ugh, I thought Microsoft would have learned that no one wants to use their lovely distribution service and it extremely limits sales. I am really looking forward to this game but if it's gonna be DOA I'll probably pass.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's a huge LOL if it requires Win 10 only. Because it looks truly good which is shocking for a change. But limiting it to only those with windows 10 is a pretty good way to make sure you sell as few copies as possible. So because of that and microsoft im rather sure this is indeed true.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Get Windows 10 scrubs.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Uziduke posted:

Get Windows 10 scrubs.
But why? :effort:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It was free for over a year and is far superior to Windows 8.x especially now after several updates. But there are still people out there who "hate micro$haft" and still use XP I guess?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

I got in the XBone alpha, but they did it on my wedding day.

Hey grats! Now you have a pirate partner

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

It's a huge LOL if it requires Win 10 only. Because it looks truly good which is shocking for a change. But limiting it to only those with windows 10 is a pretty good way to make sure you sell as few copies as possible. So because of that and microsoft im rather sure this is indeed true.

I wouldn't really see the need to make it Win10 only other than if MS promises the world to shill it in the store (that no one looks at ever). Most of the Win32/64 API is backwards compatible with 8 so :iiam:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Windows 10 requirement is just stupid, I have Win 10 but no one is going to upgrade to Windows 10 just to play Sea of Thieves so they're limiting themselves over some stupid policy the highers up want enforced.

I'm more annoyed that this will only be available on the Windows store or whatever and not Steam, after the poo poo show that was Games for Windows I never want to use a Windows game management client again. No one uses that poo poo so it's just another restriction that self limits whose is going to get this game.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I mean, Microsoft is known for making good decisions. Also game companies who get forced into working with Microsoft are obviously also known for making good decisions in keeping their funding by creating games for the windows store.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

If the game works and it's fun, play the loving game ffs. Windows 10 is a fine operating system. I upgraded from 7 and have had no issues on a 7 year old PC.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SamEyeAm posted:

If the game works and it's fun, play the loving game ffs. Windows 10 is a fine operating system. I upgraded from 7 and have had no issues on a 7 year old PC.

Yeah Windows 10 is fine I don't care about having an OS argument. It's the fact the Micrsoft is terrible about promoting their games and end up artificially restricting the player base on PC by making it Win 10 only and use their lovely app store. This game will be dead on PC in a month from release and it's entirely Microsofts fault. I'm bitter because I want to play it but no one I know is getting it.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'll play it with you friend. I have windows 10.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Popete posted:

Yeah Windows 10 is fine I don't care about having an OS argument. It's the fact the Micrsoft is terrible about promoting their games and end up artificially restricting the player base on PC by making it Win 10 only and use their lovely app store. This game will be dead on PC in a month from release and it's entirely Microsofts fault. I'm bitter because I want to play it but no one I know is getting it.

The game was dead anyway because its a pvp sandbox that requires teams. Win10 is a good OS, the windows store games overlay tanks a game's performance horribly.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Wait I thought it was crossplay with Xbox? It would have to be dead on there to be a problem.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Doggir posted:

Wait I thought it was crossplay with Xbox? It would have to be dead on there to be a problem.

This is probably the reason for the Win10 requirement. (crossplay)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Only about 25% of the games on windows 10 are cross platform multiplayer.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Woah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
E3 presentation was good and I'm still excited for this!

I only need to wait until next year... :raise:

• Locked thread