Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's not free anymore last I recall, and a quick check seems to imply this is still the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

M2tt posted:

It's also trivially slower than windows 7/8.1 but gently caress reality amirite guys? Microsoft is an exquisite flower that needs our undying devotion.

https://www.techspot.com/amp/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/
I'm curious about this stuff generally so I read it, but did you even really read this article? Like even that article says at the end it's basically equivalent performance in most regards, and Win10 seems to barely edge to the top on the games' FPS charts.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

When do I get to be a sea pirate tho

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Oh, I thought you meant "trivially, it is slower".

But still, it very much seems to me like the margins are small and varied enough in most of those that's it's kind of a toss up as to whether it's meaningful as a performance indicator over a larger data set. This is even more telling when you consider it to be slower when it is slower than either other operating system, and not only when it is slower than both. Also it's not consistent which one is fastest/slowest on most of those tests.

And I'm not using 7zip or winrar constantly enough to really be concerned about even a 25% dip in applications of that sort either vs basically everything else. Neither are most people I'd imagine.

The main factor that is unstated would be DX12 vs DX11 performance re: video games.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm the guy that doesn't know what a straw man is.

It's what pirates use for target practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

[Ask] me about my pirated copy of Win10

• Locked thread