Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Fun things to do so far:

Get drunk
Get drunk and play music badly
Puke on your shipmates, blinding them
Get drunk and puke into your bucket
Splash your bucket of puke into the enemy's face, blinding them
Scream like a pirate as you cannon yourself onto the enemy's deck

I've only been allowed into a single technical alpha weekend but at this point, I am already prepared to purchase the base game. This is loads of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

This game is going to be Sea Citizen

excellent

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Newest update allows you to accept voyages (missions) from two different trading companies (factions). Progressive leveling with each company by way of returning loot grants more lucrative missions, titles, emblems, and company-specific equipment. AFAIK this is all cosmetic. It does add some depth to the gameplay. As a crewmember, you can propose a mission by placing its scroll on the captain's desk and vote for which one you want to go on by stabbing it with a knife.

Has anyone else discovered the sword dash exploit? If you stand on the shore and face the sea, or stand on the edge of your ship facing an island, you can do a charged attack with your sword that sends you skipping along the water. Makes disembarking/climbing back aboard MUCH quicker.

• Locked thread