Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When can I play this game? I just signed up for early access, did that already happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I would really love for this game to be good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there any way to play this game before it comes out in early access / beta / whatever, or has that boat already sailed?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Because it's an MMO?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I sure do love checking into this thread to see someone whine about Windows versions!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I hope I get in the PC beta, that'd be really cool.

Do you need to do anything besides join the insider program or whatever it's called to have a chance at the beta?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What exactly should I be aiming to do in the alpha? I spawned on a boat, jumped off to check out an island. Killed a few skellies, and then clicked on the return to ship person with the flare and just got teleported to the middle of the ocean no where near a ship.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not really. There's nothing to do. You find a chest and it gives you some money that you can't spend on anything. You can sink enemy ships which is cool, but there's no point to doing so. I assume they are gonna add a ton of stuff, because it's boring as hell as is.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea it's definitely a cool concept but this game is so bare bones it hurts. Unless they add a ton of stuff it's going to flop.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So there's a new game called Skull and Bones that looks like what this game would be if a competent people made it.

Like the same exact game but 100 times better.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pirates that operate a pirate ship and have naval battles against other pirate ships. Although I’m not sure if that game has musical instruments so I guess you’re right it’s not THAT similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m upset I did get invited because there’s nothing to do in this game except throw up.

• Locked thread