Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Popete posted:

Yeah Windows 10 is fine I don't care about having an OS argument. It's the fact the Micrsoft is terrible about promoting their games and end up artificially restricting the player base on PC by making it Win 10 only and use their lovely app store. This game will be dead on PC in a month from release and it's entirely Microsofts fault. I'm bitter because I want to play it but no one I know is getting it.

The game was dead anyway because its a pvp sandbox that requires teams. Win10 is a good OS, the windows store games overlay tanks a game's performance horribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Popete posted:

You truly think it would be hard to get this game to run on Windows 7?

I think back patching directx is more trouble than its worth

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Hi Mr Popete. Could I suggest you investigate what windows operating systems have directX 12 on them, what the xbone has running on it, compare the two and then come to a conclusion why microsoft first party/exclusive xbone games require windows 10. It might surprise you!

Edit: Also a MP only sandbox pirate sim that can't be played solo was always going to die in the rear end almost instantly so getting hissy about the pc market being split is kinda lol.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pryce posted:

I assume he was referring to the fact that Xbox is effectively running Windows 10 on it, so it means all Microsoft games are more or less fully cross-compatible with Windows 10 (almost) out of the box. That's how "Xbox Play Anywhere" came about, since it costs them almost nothing to have a game run on Xbox AND Windows 10, when they may have only ever meant to develop stuff for Xbox. Basically, Windows 10 is going to get a fuckload more 'console-exclusive' games (in theory), since they've made it extremely easy for an Xbox dev to sell their game on Windows 10 going forward.

Yeah this essentially. Win7 and an Xbone are very different beasts in terms of APIs and what have you whereas Xbone and Win10 are similar enough that a port is trivial. A good example of how markedly different and behind current events Win7 is would be that you need to load a driver to be able to use a xbox 360 controller, win10 comes with the xbox dash built in.

That comes up when you press the xbox button on win 10

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

M2tt posted:

It's also trivially slower than windows 7/8.1 but gently caress reality amirite guys? Microsoft is an exquisite flower that needs our undying devotion.

https://www.techspot.com/amp/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/

I'm the guy linking the benchmarks from release day as if performance can't have improved in the 2 years of patching since.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

M2tt posted:

I'm the guy attacking data with a straw man.

Game mode definitely improved performance for low end machines, that came out a year and a half after those benches were done. Its not a straw man to point out old data doesn't reflect the current reality.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

M2tt posted:

The benchmarks show that all of the windows versions from the last decade perform pretty much the same. There's no reason to assume that has magically changed in the last few months. I'm sorry if her marketing department lied to you, I'm sure she had a good reason.

Game mode was in the creator update earlier this year.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Internet Explorer posted:

Apparently some people with autism who post in this thread.

Its the mmo subforum, can anybody in here really say they don't have autism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is a parrot on my shoulder something in game or will it be a dlc

• Locked thread