Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Popete posted:

Yeah Windows 10 is fine I don't care about having an OS argument. It's the fact the Micrsoft is terrible about promoting their games and end up artificially restricting the player base on PC by making it Win 10 only and use their lovely app store. This game will be dead on PC in a month from release and it's entirely Microsofts fault. I'm bitter because I want to play it but no one I know is getting it.

Yeah it couldn't possibly be because of performance improvements from windows 10 and not wanting to deal with the hassle of keeping it working on several different versions of windows because spergs can't stand new things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Popete posted:

You truly think it would be hard to get this game to run on Windows 7?

Much much much harder than getting you to just upgrade already. Like, they gave out windows 10 upgrades for free for a very good reason, dude.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Popete posted:

I have Windows 10, I'm not against Windows or anything I just think it's another hamfisted way for Microsoft to try to get people to upgrade to 10 and use their bad Games for Windows or whatever they call it now ecosystem. It artificially limits who is going to be playing this on PC.

They are artificially limiting you to using windows 10 so that developers don't have to do a shitload more work so a grog hipster like you can keep using your old operating system.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Popete posted:

Again I have Windows 10, I don't think you're understanding this. I don't care about the Windows 10/7 argument you're just attacking a straw man.

It's about them continueing to use their dumb Windows app storefront instead of Steam so by default it's already going to limit the people who will buy this since many won't ever even notice it pop up. On top of that the Windows 10 only is a poor excuse to push upgrades because getting this to run on 7 is likely almost not extra work for the devs. Do you ever hear about other developers complaining that it's too much work to support Windows 7 and only do a Windows 10 release? No.

If it's not about windows 10 why do you keep bringing up 7 instead of "put it on steam"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Popete posted:

I don't know how many times I have to say that I already have Windows 10 and I really don't care about arguing about 7 vs 10 it doesn't matter to me.

:thunk:

Popete posted:

Why can't it be both? It should be on Steam and it should be Windows 7 compatible just like every other game on the planet that isn't developed by Microsoft for PC. But again it's not because of "too much effort" it's Microsoft's ham fisted way of forcing people into their app store ecosystem and to move over to Windows 10. But in reality no one (or very few) is going to do that just to play Sea of Thieves and I really wish Microsoft would just give up on that and release their games like any other normal developer. Instead this game will have a limited player base on PC and likely die out in a month.

Popete posted:

I have Windows 10, I'm not against Windows or anything I just think it's another hamfisted way for Microsoft to try to get people to upgrade to 10 and use their bad Games for Windows or whatever they call it now ecosystem. It artificially limits who is going to be playing this on PC.

Popete posted:

The Windows 10 requirement is just stupid, I have Win 10 but no one is going to upgrade to Windows 10 just to play Sea of Thieves so they're limiting themselves over some stupid policy the highers up want enforced.

I'm more annoyed that this will only be available on the Windows store or whatever and not Steam, after the poo poo show that was Games for Windows I never want to use a Windows game management client again. No one uses that poo poo so it's just another restriction that self limits whose is going to get this game.

I mean, maybe if you stopped bringing up windows 10/7 and just talked about distribution platforms you'd be right in saying I'm strawmanning you, buuuuuuut...

• Locked thread