Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Popete posted:

Why can't it be both? It should be on Steam and it should be Windows 7 compatible just like every other game on the planet that isn't developed by Microsoft for PC. But again it's not because of "too much effort" it's Microsoft's ham fisted way of forcing people into their app store ecosystem and to move over to Windows 10. But in reality no one (or very few) is going to do that just to play Sea of Thieves and I really wish Microsoft would just give up on that and release their games like any other normal developer. Instead this game will have a limited player base on PC and likely die out in a month.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Popete posted:

Right, it ties into what I'm saying. Microsoft has been trying to rope people into their app ecosystem and force upgrades via Vidya Games for a long time. Does no one remember Games for Windows and how lovely that was? Windows 7 like it or not is still a large share of the OS marketplace and the only reason to limit it to 10 is to get those people over. Which sure ok whatever, I guess at this point they can do that but the game will have a smaller market because of it.

All of this is my way of saying I want to play this game and I don't have an Xbox 1 and I'm pretty sure this game isn't gonna have a big following on PC and it will entirely be Microsofts faults for limiting themselves in the name of pulling people into their ecosystem.

New thread title: "Sea of Thieves: Ecosystem!"

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 21, 2017

• Locked thread