Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Looks like Worlds Adrift but with more survival poo poo/on land gameplay. Seems interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Uziduke posted:

I wants this now. Pirates and tall ships are my favorite things ever.

World's Adrift will come sooner and that sounds like your thing.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

More or less.

I think the last real pirate MMO was Pirates of the Burning Sea? Still technically alive and free to play, but with only 3 devs to support it.

That game was fun. Shame they didn't go the Star Wars Galaxies route with it though. Imagine bounty hunting.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Doggir posted:

Yeah, but this one comes equipped with Microsoft's deep pockets; they'd never just cancel a game and let the studio go under..
https://youtu.be/2v9rtc2a0rQ

Cancel Fable 4 which was supposed to be set in steampunk Britain in favor of an $75 million dollar asymmetrical competitive multiplayer game that no one wanted. What could possibly go wrong?

Good lord am I glad that Xbox's old leadership is gone. What the gently caress were they thinking?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm really interested in seeing actual gameplay because they've been focusing heavily on the ships, but they seem like they're incredibly destructive and I can't see them being obtained easily... I'd imagine the vast majority of content is on land gathering/crafting/treasure hunting.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

jabro posted:

This isn't a true MMO until I can throw money at it to play the alpha.

It's coming. Xbox Early Access is a thing.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/ark-survival-evolved-game-preview/bnblc4zgfnkb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I got invited to this without knowing it and then I got an email saying the test ended.

Thanks outlook.com spam detection.

• Locked thread