Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

All the E3 footage of this game coming out looks amazing. Can't wait to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

hayden. posted:

Game looks cool but not upgrading to Win 10 for this.

Cool story

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Rad Russian posted:

I'm also assuming that people still arguing about Windows 7 on online game forums in 2017 have some sort of mild autism anyway, so it wouldn't even be a morally bad answer.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Apparently some people with autism who post in this thread.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Because it's an MMO?

Jesus, some new videos or news needs to come out about this game. This thread is terrible.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

M2tt posted:

For a gain of 1-2 fps, boy is my face red.

Please stop trolling. From your own link, there's pretty much no difference between Windows 7/8/10.

https://www.techspot.com/amp/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page6.html

And in hist post, it shows a decent bump of minimum framerate, which is just as important (if not more so) than average.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

M2tt posted:

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to put the windows 10 fellation in check. That all 3 OSes are the same thing is my entire point. This is the actual link his benchmarks came from though, which is far more indicative than the screenshot he cherry picked: http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-game-mode-tested-good-for-minimum-fps-bad-for-multitasking/

From that link: "... in my earlier testing I found little to no benefit—and a few cases where Game Mode actually dropped performance."

I wonder why he didn't include the link to the full article.

No one's sucking Windows 10 dick or saying it will suck your dick. In fact, at a quick glance, no one was saying it had a significant performance benefit over Windows 7/8. What they were saying is that there are a certain set of APIs that are only available in Windows 10, including Direct X 12, which would explain why a developer would limit their game to Windows 10.

Also, I don't really care what your article says, both sets of benchmarks that they provide show a general trend of a performance bump, except for on a high-end PC, where it still has a benefit on minimum FPS in most cases, in other cases is a wash, and in one benchmark shows a decrease in minimum FPS by 5%.

None of these are good arguments against using Windows 10. There are other more credible, although silly, arguments against using Windows 10, but gaming performance is not one of them.

You loving crazy person.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 13, 2017

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

M2tt posted:

You seem awfully upset about being wrong on the internet.

"I'm not trolling"

:rolleyes:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's.... still pretty early in Alpha.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

forge posted:

30k invites going out tomorrow (Tuesday).

Where are you hearing this from?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I got in. Who wants to touch me?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I got in, this is gonna be the first time I've ever installed anything from the microsoft store onto a pc.

You and everyone else.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Does anyone remember the name of the home island, where you turn in chests and stuff? I forgot to mark it down before I went sailing. :downs:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. Made it back and sold my treasure chests!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

There's also water and ships, you know. So yeah, pretty much the same thing.

• Locked thread