Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Arcland posted:

new stuff posted. Seems like the xbox is getting an alpha soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-7GHh5iP8

I signed up and I'm glad fat pirate is an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

forge posted:

It's xbox currently. I don't own one of those.

Neither do I. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Orv posted:

So they released some stats from that first set of testing.

First player to use a Mermaid:

Hmm.

BinaryKitten's desires are... unconventional.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope I get in the PC beta.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

forge posted:

I already did but haven't seen anything for a PC beta yet. So far nothing but xbox junk.

Same here. :sigh:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Donnerberg posted:

This just sold me on your weird, pirate themed walking simulator

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/874077866157146112

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope I get in the PC beta, that'd be really cool.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I got an invite to the alpha but I'm on vacation and won't be able to play it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

forge posted:

Guess I'm the only one who got in WOW.

How are the riddles?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I got in, this is gonna be the first time I've ever installed anything from the microsoft store onto a pc.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Baron Porkface posted:

Have they announced their medium-term plans for the game? Because I played for an hour and felt like I played the whole game.

There's definitely a ton of potential here, but yeah, as it is, not much going on. Fun little game though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AirRaid posted:

Mine installed okay, and I played a little solo since no-one else seems to be about.

Game could use more feedback and direction. I did my first riddle that it gives you at the start, found a chest, sold it for a pitiful amount of gold that wouldnt buy anything, and then... nothing. No way to find another map/riddle that I could see.

Started a new game and got a new riddle, but that one seemed unfathomable on the 3rd clue, I'm pretty sure I was playing music where it wanted me to but nothing happened. And then some nice fellows came along and sunk my boat while I was on the island so I was marooned.

I love the look and feel of the game, sailing is fun, although dicey on your own when parking up at an island.

Game overall would probably be much better with some crewmates to play with, and a lot more in the world to do that just sailing about. The puzzles and things are excellent but they'll need a lot of variety to avoid going stale quickly.

Oh the matchmaking doesn't start until you finalize joining, so far it's been starting pretty fast.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So far I've found cursed chests that spew water (hold them on the gangplank and away from the boat) and ones that get you instantly drunk, are there any others?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Had my first pvp battle, somehow we wound up trading ships.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Stole someone else's chest, got shot in the back, respawned and shot them in the back while they were being chased by sharks. 10/10 would projectile vomit into the helmsman face while playing the concertina again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kitchner posted:

Closed Beta has been announced for 24 - 29 January.

Anyone who was in a previous Alpha and/or a member of the Insider programme before 1 December 2017 will have access.

Anyone not one of those people can still gain access to the closed beta if you pre-order.

They have said the beta experience will be tailored for the event and will include some unseen features but also will have some features from the alpha disabled.

Dang I'm out of town for that one.

• Locked thread