Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forge
Feb 26, 2006
I can't support this game because the thread wasn't started by Alexander DeLarge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So it's the vanguard of the sea is what your saying?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's xbox currently. I don't own one of those.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I already did but haven't seen anything for a PC beta yet. So far nothing but xbox junk.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If they stick with this microsoft garbage for PC release this games going into the dumpster. Microsift is going to charge me $9.99 to change my gamer tag so I can post on sea of theives forum with the name forgeSA and not XxxXXXFoRgExXxx2999 because it links to xbox garbage heep which I signed up for 5 months ago trying to figure out how to even make a fucken account.

Seriously..

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Oh yeah because it's a windows store app crap thing.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

SamEyeAm posted:

Sign up for its Insider Program. They are running regular alpha tests trying out new features. It is already super polished and fun. I can't wait for full release!!

Did you get in the xbox one? I don't think they've sent out PC invites yet, but wanted to double check.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The alpha tests are all in the middle of the day US tz. Not exactly great!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's a huge LOL if it requires Win 10 only. Because it looks truly good which is shocking for a change. But limiting it to only those with windows 10 is a pretty good way to make sure you sell as few copies as possible. So because of that and microsoft im rather sure this is indeed true.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I mean, Microsoft is known for making good decisions. Also game companies who get forced into working with Microsoft are obviously also known for making good decisions in keeping their funding by creating games for the windows store.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'll play it with you friend. I have windows 10.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm running this game in my win10 virtual pc which I run on my windows 8.1 virtual pc which runs on my windows 7 virtual pc which runs on win 3.11. Best fps yet.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
30k invites going out tomorrow (Tuesday).

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I got in on PC and looks like the first test will be all weekend. I created a discord so those of us who want to play this weekend can group up. Hopefully this poo poo won't suck! If the OP wants to put it in the first post as well, all the better.

https://discord.gg/wtUFUE5

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm done with AO that game brings out the worst in people. This game should be fun with no expectation of spies, and all that dumb poo poo. Everyone's welcome, and friends etc. I don't see any reason it needs to be goon only or whatever. I think this game is a pretty chill and have fun type. I get more of the Worlds Adrift vibe from it.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's bound to the windows live login or whatever. You can't trade them.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Guess I'm the only one who got in WOW.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The game looks really good, but it seems pretty shallow. The worst part is it auto parties you with 3 others just to play. So unless you have friends its the retard rickshaw trying to get the boat to go somewhere. Also it's totally not an MMO. I get the feeling the servers are maybe /40 in size and you have at max 10 other ships in your world. The world isn't that large as I've sailed all the way across. Whats more annoying are these rocks which are everywhere to keep you from basically going in straight lines to islands.

If you enjoy xbox games you'll probably really enjoy this. If you enjoy pc or mmos with hundreds of players, not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I've come to conclude that in most games alphas what you see is what you get. Some games add a few more things but mostly it is what it is.

• Locked thread