Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I just realized some of you loving 3rd world poors still have "trash men" pick up your trash like it's the god damned 80s.

If your trash pickup doesn't look like this:

guess what you're poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Hey did you ever try that Ramen place in Irvine that I told you about?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Joke's on you dickweed I'm poor as poo poo and I have a robot arm trash truck anyway.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
My road is a one way with parking on the wrong side of the road for those to work, so the workers have to roll the trash cans to the arm, so its actually using more labor than the old trucks.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I work at the trash factory and can confirm that people get VERY ANGRY about their trash. Old people are extremely concerned that their neighbors can see their trash bins by the curb. Sometimes old people call up and ask what their neighbors are throwing away in their trash just to be nosy. It's loving weird man.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
that original trash fail video made me laugh for 5 minutes straight

this broken .gif doesnt do it justice

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Windows 98 posted:

I work at the trash factory and can confirm that people get VERY ANGRY about their trash. Old people are extremely concerned that their neighbors can see their trash bins by the curb. Sometimes old people call up and ask what their neighbors are throwing away in their trash just to be nosy. It's loving weird man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn0uYtCScsw

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Windows 98 posted:

I love trash. I am a trash person.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

gently caress OFFF SHITHEAD

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Drad_Bert posted:

gently caress OFFF SHITHEAD

I'm sorry you're so poor

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
goddamn robots stealing our jobs

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Can you tell the trash truck that drives by my alley to shut the gently caress up please? It's like the apocalypse every trash day morning.

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Thanks trash guy

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

poopnanners posted:

Can you tell the trash truck that drives by my alley to shut the gently caress up please? It's like the apocalypse every trash day morning.

yeah its fuckin awful. cuz of my work schedule i dont wake up til like 1 or 2pm and every monday morning is like a loving demolition derby with 3 seperate pickups for trash, recycling and green waste. im faxing a letter to the city council of sacramento to change the trash pickups to better accomodate my sleep schedule

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

all the trucks have roboarms tho thank god

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

the great deceiver posted:

yeah its fuckin awful. cuz of my work schedule i dont wake up til like 1 or 2pm and every monday morning is like a loving demolition derby with 3 seperate pickups for trash, recycling and green waste. im faxing a letter to the city council of sacramento to change the trash pickups to better accomodate my sleep schedule

You should move to a good city where the local trash company is incompetent as gently caress and just picks everything up with a single trash truck because they can't handle any more than that.

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Al Cowens posted:

Hey did you ever try that Ramen place in Irvine that I told you about?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Al Cowens posted:

I love trash. I am a trash person.

Same

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

ShaunO posted:

Thanks trash guy

joke's on you this dude is a highly advanced biological robot

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You should move to a good city where the local trash company is incompetent as gently caress and just picks everything up with a single trash truck because they can't handle any more than that.

thats my dream come true. im going to sleep now but im mentally preparing myself to be woken up like 10 times between the hours of 9am and 12pm

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i wonder if the garbage truck could be scared off with a warning shot

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I used to have my own handy (heh) robot arm for trash duties but traded it to a buddy for a year's supply of cigarettes.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

i have a similar thing near me except our robot arm truck drives around and leaves trash at people's houses

loving rear end in a top hat

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Jokes on you. I'm so rich I have bespoke trash pickup.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

posting_history.jpg

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol if you dont have a robot arm, trash truck

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
How am I supposed to know what the garbage truck looks like? I'm not a poor. I don't give a poo poo how trash is disposed of. Suburbanites pretending they matter is hilarious.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My city is so advanced, we actually MAKE money based on our completely voluntary recycling program. Also we have our choice, robot arm or human trash man. We are allowed to have this choice due to our living in a rich, white suburb.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

fyodor posted:

I just realized some of you loving 3rd world poors still have "trash men" pick up your trash like it's the god damned 80s.

If your trash pickup doesn't look like this:

guess what you're poor

Is it safe to assume the driver of the truck just moved on to the next house, pretending like nothing went wrong?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

tenspott posted:

My city is so advanced, we actually MAKE money based on our completely voluntary recycling program. Also we have our choice, robot arm or human trash man. We are allowed to have this choice due to our living in a rich, white suburb.

"City". "Living". Lol.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzxkOb8gi-U

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Suburbs suck rear end.

That said, so do city apartments.

Basically living sucks.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

shoophobo posted:

Suburbs suck rear end.

That said, so do city apartments.

Basically living sucks.

It really depends where you are. LA is really all one giant suburb anyway, and so are places like Queens and large parts of Chicago. But in a city like Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit, or Philly, living in the suburbs is probably just as good if not better than living in the actual city limits.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

tenspott posted:

It really depends where you are. LA is really all one giant suburb anyway, and so are places like Queens and large parts of Chicago. But in a city like Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit, or Philly, living in the suburbs is probably just as good if not better than living in the actual city limits.

Woah, just like living in Detroit? That's the highlife for sure.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Woah, just like living in Detroit? That's the highlife for sure.

Ergo ipso facto you just proved my point and I'm right 100% #1 the best and u=poo poo

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

calling bullshit

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

shoophobo posted:

Basically living sucks.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yeah robot arm trash trucks are alright if your neighborhood hasn't upgraded to pneumatic dumpsters yet :smug:

Yeah, I dump my trash down a hole in the street and it's whisked away via powerful suction to an underground processing facility where it's transfomed into harmless pollution.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i live in england so we just eat all our trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

the robot arm has destroyed the romanticism of the garbage worker's life

• Locked thread