Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This Madden is gonna be the same as all the others. Lots of broken poo poo, money plays, tons of online cheese, a few things no one ever asked for, dropping things people liked, retarded AI and a line of people around the block the block to buy it anyway. A glorified roster update.

I hate this loving game and have for some time now even though I love football. It's motto should be "EA Sports: It's in the Game Eventually". The gameplay always deteriorates into something that barely resembles actual loving football. I posted about it in the PYF "Broken Games" thread somewhere around this page:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773100&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

This game has been broken for over a decade, but why fix anything if people pre-order it like lemmings every year anyhow? A fresh coat of paint on an old jalopy every...mother...loving...year. Can't wait to stand in line. EA doesn't even care and why should they?

The same posters here lining up to buy it will be the same ones clamoring for patches and fixes 2 weeks after its release when it's entirely broken and cheesers figure out the exploits. The glitches, freezes and online quits are bad enough without getting into the rest of it.

Seriously, and sorry, but what do people like about this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oberst posted:

I like this post from 2008

See what I mean?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oberst posted:

Who are you even posting at?

E: Yes PYF poster please explain to us poor brain dead moorans how madden is poo poo; this a revelation none of us has had at all in the last decade. gently caress if only you had shown up sooner I wouldn't have bought madden 11 all those years ago

*busts the door down 10 years after the fact* THE IRAQ WAR WAS A BAD IDEA!! SMOKING IS HARMFUL!! BE CAREFUL WITH THAT YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT

Tl;dr - madden is poo poo, we know. So just call me when nfl2k comes bahahahahahaha

No one. Just chiming in.

Jesus Christ, I never called anyone brain dead for liking the game or called anyone a moron. Calm the gently caress down and enjoy the game. I just notice that every year I check in on Madden threads to see if it's finally good because I'd like to buy/play a good football game and I hear the same old complaints from the same people every year about cheese and broken bullshit. I used to like Madden before the exploits became so common place.

Am I wrong about the AI, the cheesy bullshit, the unforgivable glitches, dumb features no one asked for, money plays and the way EA seems to have turned it into an online card collecting game and micro transactions?

I'm learning not to post in the BvS thread and say I didn't like it, the board game thread to say I like a certain game and I guess this one now. I'm hardly the first person to notice some of the things I pointed out about the god damned game or EA's annual approach to their sports franchises.

Sorry. What I meant to say is that this game rules and I can't wait to buy it and own all you fuckers.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

AfterFather posted:

E: BiggerBoat, I'll buy you Madden so you can join the league and play with us.

I'll take you up on that. You guys will bury me but I won't disconnect or play bullshit style. You'll love me. I'll pad your records.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I can get draw plays to occasionally work against another player but never against the CPU. Any sort of misdirection or trick play never seems to trick the computer and it renders like 5-10% of your playbook useless.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Darth Brooks posted:

A new glitch has been found on Madden 16.

edit: gently caress it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Last Madden I got was 15 but I barely touched it since I hate Ultimate Team. I used to love franchise mode back in the day Madden 2002-2008ish. Will I enjoy this?

I really liked franchise with "create your own team" and using a 32 team fantasy draft.

I made my own team and designed my uniforms and stadium and poo poo. Replaced my created team in for my favorite NFL team, the Eagles, and must have played 4 or 5 seasons before the computer AI just went beserk and started cloning players on me. Randy Moss, Tom Brady and Charles Woodson wound up playing for like 2 or 3 different teams simultaneously.

It was cool though seeing Peyton Manning on the Cowboys, Vick in Seattle, Jerome Bettis in Miami and all the different nutty rosters. Planning for the draft in the offseason and grooming my picks over seasons was fun too. Eventually, though, if I remember right, the salary cap broke the game and I couldn't even field a roster. Other CPU teams couldn't either.

I finally gave up loving with it but I still remember the stalwarts on my roster (Ian Gold, McNabb, Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr, Champ Bailey) and even a few rookies I developed into stars. Sometimes I reminisce thinking that perennial all pro DT "Doyle Lynch" was an actual player.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Is there a dedicated Madden thread in Games or something or is this it? It's been out 48 hours and I'm curious to read about all the broken poo poo in it and the online fuckery that's already occurring.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Chocolate posted:

I'm not sure if it's just everyone is busy playing MUT solo's but their is a surprising lack of discussion about the run/pass play art glitch (where you can see if they are run/pass). I'm fairly certain that most high level players guess run/pass nearly every down. It's a pretty game breaking glitch at this point.

It's amazing how much really basic poo poo they can't get right with this game, year after loving year. If anyone had played it for even 10 minutes they'd have noticed this but I'm a big old grouchy grouch for bothering to notice it, let alone post about it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oberst posted:

Its because you act like it's a revelation that no one besides you see or gets, then you post about your favorite trash forums for idiots PYF/games in ACQB

I've literally invited you to come play with us and see why we ignore the poo poo. We have a good bad community

E: have you not seen my posts? I bashed the new game so hard I got a rise out of a former dev. You're so fuggin crazy. Please join we need an eagles player

I only have a 360. You don't have to take my criticism of the franchise personally either. I'm just amused every year at the same stuff happening.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Do the roster updates take into account real life injuries? Like is Bridgewater out and Bradford the starter for the Vikings or are they just both now on the team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Why are they playing in Jacksonville?

• Locked thread