Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm gonna pre-order from Amazon since prime members get that discount.

Rex Dickson interview with random youtube guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGBSbuHGTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

hopterque posted:

Well, I've finally caved. I'm getting a ps4 friday and will be getting this when its out.

I'm assuming there's still cool goon leagues to play with? I played in one last time I had a madden game on 360 (Madden 12, I think) and had a lot of fun, even though the Seahawks were bad then and I was even worse so I got rolled a bunch.

Yup, goon leagues are still around.. I hope we can get 3 up this year.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Dubious posted:

Afterfather, I choose you to run the Fantasy Draft league. Because reasons.

Aw yeah, time to bring in NCAA rules.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Seriously, and sorry, but what do people like about this game?

I play for the gritty realism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAs9sJEAs8

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

Still waiting for my madden x SSX tricky crossover game

This would own.

E: BiggerBoat, I'll buy you Madden so you can join the league and play with us.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

foolish_fool posted:

Madden feels like the reverse of dota. If you are poo poo at madden most people seem to play relatively normally or at least things go well for you if you play something resembling proper football. But at the elite levels it apparently devolves into gimmicky money plays and nanos and such. Whereas noob level dota was always random and gimmicky and toxic but presumably at high levels people play properly (or at least in the pros).

lol there is no elite level of madden. Once this game finds balance and the Madden team starts banning exploits then maybe we'll start seeing good players.

BiggerBoat posted:

I'll take you up on that. You guys will bury me but I won't disconnect or play bullshit style. You'll love me. I'll pad your records.

I'll shoot you a pm

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I must be the only person who can make draws work :/

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Draws don't work against double A gap instant pressure, sorry.

lol, nano blitz of the week.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I can get draw plays to occasionally work against another player but never against the CPU. Any sort of misdirection or trick play never seems to trick the computer and it renders like 5-10% of your playbook useless.

What I usually do when I run draw is to make sure I'm in either a spread or trips formation and see if I have numbers in the box. If I see only 5 in the box then I run draw, but if there's 6 or more I audible to a different play that I believe will be successful against the defense that's on the field. Since I run the Run and Shoot offense I see a lot more Nickle, Dime, and Quarters coverages which makes reading defenses easy.

Also this is good stuff: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-additional-gameplay-improvements-zone-coverage

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
The Cowboys have 3 of the top 10 offensive linemen in the game. Gonna fight Havok to play as them.

E: The Cowboys are also super young outside of Romo and Witten. :negative:

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 24, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I cant bring myself to play as the other NFC East Teams... maybe if I move the Redskins or something.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Bonham posted:

Can someone make a list of who has which teams reserved for the PS4 league?

NFC:
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
New York Giants - davecrazy (?)
Minnesota Vikings - Dubious

AFC:
New England Patriots - flickmaker (?)
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
Baltimore Ravens - Oberst

I have no idea on which team I want.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I want to do a complete rebuild of the 49ers but I might run with the Panthers due to their stacked defense. It's gonna be tough to turn that offense into a Run and Shoot offense.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Madden ratings system is once again trash :/. There are some overrated guys on the Cowboys roster JJ Wilcox, Barry Church, Rolando McClain

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

davecrazy posted:

All Cowboys are over rated!

Says the Giants fan.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

SS is a wasteland lmao

Not that I don't agree with this, but the drop off after chancellor is amazing. Kendrick lewis: league average starter

:laffo: Barry Church is a top 10 SS. Maybe I"m taking him for granted due to his poor tackling last year.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Formation subs confirmed in the day 1 patch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...campaign=buffer

35:00

Cállate y toma mi dinero

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Aw man, I dont eat that junk.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Mike Wallace at Tight End :colbert: Cordarrelle Patterson at running back Taylor Mays at linebacker :laffo:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
D-Line play is still looking bad.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Most goons are on PS4 and I'm not sure if anyone has tested out Franchise mode to see how bad things get 5 seasons in. Might have to check operation sports for that.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I would say the upgrade cost for guys 25 and above is really expensive.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
This is it. It's easy to find broken poo poo and there are guys who're dedicated to finding broken poo poo in Madden. Like this loving weirdo:

https://www.youtube.com/user/RyanMoody21

Most of this poo poo is nit-picky as gently caress and he knows why some of these issues were not addressed.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Volkerball posted:

What were your thoughts on the sim results? Anything wacky happening with league leaders, player stats in general, and standings?

The CPU throws the ball alot

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

hopterque posted:

Yeah the game cheats loving hard on all-madden this year, imo a lot worse than last year.

That one took me like 25 tries or so, and the first all madden challenge of the ultimate season challenges took me 10 or 15. Fumbles and dropped passes galore, and an offensive line that last for about half a second to a 4man rush.

Was it the Broncos challenge? I was finally able to beat that one running HB Power out of gun.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Join the discord.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Am I fumbling more on higher difficulties because I'm not holding R1 or doing possession catches manually enough?

Epi Lepi posted:

I think there is actually a bug causing more fumbles that they are planning on patching. I saw something about that on twitter, but can't find the link at the moment.

https://twitter.com/RexDEAFootball/status/766959263956602880
https://twitter.com/RexDEAFootball/status/770286686429388800

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 1, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm guessing we're not getting web based cfm this year.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

real_scud posted:

Last bit of Madden code I worked on just got released. It's the stuff for the Color Rush jerseys as well as a fix for PS4 Play-A-Friend.

Basically this has been done for a while since it has stuff I worked on before I left EA but we knew it wouldn't come out in the 1st patch since the Color Rush stuff wasn't officially announced + there's always one emergency patch for crazy issues found right after launch.

edit: Oh yeah and I forgot I also added a feature for CFM where you can edit the uniform of the CPU to whatever you want, so you can make every game a Color Rush game if you're that insane.

Is there a momentum mechanic in CFM?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Draft Champions and CFM are the best.

real_scud posted:

Have no clue since I'm not a gameplay engineer, I only worked on the UI side of things.

:smith: Gotta bug the poo poo out of Rex and Clint with the rest of the spergs.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Always use text-to-speech when streaming on twitch as it helps you connect with your viewers.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Mid 60s IIRC. And yes, I know he doesn't have Fight for Yards or Run after Catch because I looked at the card.

Mid 60's trucking is really high for a receiver (I should check receiver Truck and Elusiveness ratings). Most Corners have any where between 40-70 in tackling and hit power ratings (majority of them between 50-60). Also keep in mind a players overall is heavily tied into the Awareness stat, so you can have a super athlete with decent stats but his low awareness will tank his overall.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Madden 17 Tuning Update Out Now on PS4 and Xbox One, Here's What It Does

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
RIP Outside Zone/Stretch. They should fix ball trajectory next.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

JPrime posted:

was this a thing last year?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

Hey guys, just got madden on xbone! Is there a xbone league???

Noted goon whatspeakyou has been running a secret XBox Madden league

https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

whatspeakyou posted:

I just by happenstance wandered in here to see this. I don't actually run it; rather it's that simchampions website I'm a member of. All sim-style play, lots of rules to force that, etc. All games get streamed, some of the primetime games have an actual play-by-play commentator, etc.

Super Bowl is tomorrow actually. Pre-game will broadcasted at around 8pm EST (assuming Cleveland wins tonight... site owner is an Indians fan) on https://www.twitch.tv/simchampions I recommend you check it out. another goon, mmorgan184, will be playing in it as the Cardinals.

Wiccan how'd you find my stream anyway? I used to stream other stuff every day but real life threw a kink in that, so right now it's just madden 3 times a week.

Thanks for the plug though!

I signed into XBox Live on PC and it showed that you had streamed so I followed the link. I'm afterfather(BJTheRealist on XBL) btw. NCAA leagues and all that jazz.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

His stats are disrespectful. I didn't get into Mut this year but sub 95 route running?

His whole thing was that he was a beautiful route runner. Still never seen anything like how he could cut.

MUT is a mode where Tim Tebow is a better QB than Joe Montana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
For all of these injures in CFM that seem to be happening.

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/status/814232972148805637

• Locked thread