Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm still playing on the PS3 and slowly getting closer to an (almost) all Vikings team.

So do people still play Madden 08? I just heard about the modding community.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

A new glitch has been found on Madden 16. On a Hail Mary, if you take control of a WR and run him away from the play the DB's will follow him instead of playing the ball and the catch will be made by a now wide open WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSg7alLJn18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbmPjcmhmU

I haven't tried this yet on a PS3, but then none of the glitches have worked on it so far.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I have a newborn and a PS3 so (at the moment) I'm not upgrading to Madden 17. Once I get Harrison Smith I'll have a pretty solid mostly-Vikings defense. I don't expect Chad Greenway to get an upgrade so Shaq Thompson will have to do and then I'll worry about other pieces later. I wish they'd re-open the Gauntlets.

http://www.muthead.com/16/team-builder/654695

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I love playing OOP Poe at FB, especially on passes to the flat. He gets ignored and open, catches the pass and builds up a head of steam before crunching over some poor corner.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Does anyone play Madden Mobile? I got a league invite and it made me think that I'd rather play goons than anyone else.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Dubious posted:

madden mobile leagues are not anything like console leagues and you cant invite goons only unfortunately

I know you can name your league - can you screen applicants?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I've been trying Madden Mobile and I hate the LOL random nature of it. Try and stop a team from passing 30 yards. It might work if LOL Random, your guys didn't leave theirs wide open.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Being on the other side of that is intensely frustrating.

wandler20 posted:

Madden Mobile owns. I'm all in on it.

Madden 17 is the deal of the day on Amazon, $39.99.

Are you playing in a league. If so, what one? The one I'm in is dying.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

The league I'm in is benchwarmers 5280. We're ranked around 1,100 and have 17 members currently. Join if you'd like, we're active.

For whatever reason I'm not eligible?

I'm at level 38, 82/82/72

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Darthbrooksphone or (more likely) darthbrooks user UID 59961437

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm in, and thanks.

I have a question. I have had bad luck at these things, against good teams or bad. Long drives, just they end poorly. Should I stick with the bottom feeders? I thought about just taking on the top opponent, figuring if I'm going to play like crap why not against someone that everyone is playing crap against and leave the winnable games for someone else.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Is there any way to see stats in league games (on mobile)? The league wants everybody to keep track of running yards. A couple of times I've closed out games and had to go back and add up the yards. Also, some folks are posting up 3,000 or 500 yards. Where are those coming from?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Don't worry about posting league game stats, just season games. That's where you can get lots of yards.

Really? Because I got 1206 in the league games and championship.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a pattern to the collectibles exchange on the Champions set (mobile). An all gold piece set seems to get elite regularly, I wonder if all elites get the conference markers.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I hate how on Mobile Madden, if you have a fumble there's no way you can recover it. Even if the defense is ten yards away, the ball will continue to bounce away from your guys until the defense scoops it up.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Apparently EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS ME TODAY GETS A FREE INTERCEPTION. I've played 3 drives in level and four h2h matches and 5 dives have ended in INTs. My receivers stop suddenly and their players converge from across the field. I guess the improved gameplay in the last patch is mean to make you not play the game at all.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 17, 2016

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm beginning to hate H2H on Madden Mobile. It seems like every game is the same. My 94/95 OVR team is up against a 97/98. They almost always have the same players. My runs get OH CRAP OH CRAP! COUNTERED stuffed and the defenders run across the field to intercept passes while OH CRAP OH CRAP! COUNTERED my guys stop and/or don't catch. It really has become a grind combined with OH CRAP OH CRAP! COUNTERED.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm really getting frustrated enough with H2H to quit the game. Now, even on plays that aren't countered my O-line might as well not be there. I have:

OT Andre Witworth 97 OVR
G Jordan Evans 97 OVR
C Rodney Hudson 97 OVR
G Kyle Long 95 OVR
OT Joe Staley 97 OVR
TE Tyler Eifert 99 OVR

And I have no longer than 2-3 seconds for any kind of pass. The Defensive ends runs up to the tackle and says pardon me and the tackle lets him through, even steps aside for him to be polite. The guards and Center must be frightened of something because they want to run to the QB for protection. I've at 4 mil fans in Madden II and it seems like the game resents me for being there. I'm to the point where I'm thinking of just forfeiting every match I have and quitting the game.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Madden Mobile players will understand.

O AFC West, O AFC West
How lovely it would be to see
Some different Cards in the ex-change pack for me.

The NFC, the AFC, final ones I need.
How lovely are cards I cannot have

Champions II can never be full
A brave "Bite Me" to the EA Mobile team.

O AFC West, O AFC West
I never get anything but Thee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Mobile Madden had an update that's made the game unplayable. I have an O-line in the high 90's - three of them are 99, one 98 and a 96 and they might as well not be there. E.J. Clemmings on a bad day isn't as bad. The Tackle tackles the guard and the DE and ball have a race to the QB. It really is "Hike, oh poo poo, crap" rinse , repeat. The WR's run as if they are running in molasses against a superglued defense. Even live events are an act of frustration. I know the game is free and all that, and it's happening to everybody but the game isn't free if you've smashed your tablet out of frustration.

• Locked thread